Na Cait v Gaillimh, AIF 9 Sept

Started by seafoid, August 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Draw a fair result replay 30th September.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Canalman

Collins

Incredible. Game had the lot. So many shots bottled at the end but at the very end some serious courage showed by Canning on that last free. It was a charge and a dive to get it though so Cats might feel aggrieved.

How this Kilkenny team came back from that first half just shows how special they are. Galway deserved to be up by more than 5 at the break - they were more dominant than that.

Reply is anyones game. Impossible to call.

BennyHarp

They should play extra time in All Ireland finals. People come from all over for these games and a draw is such an anti climax
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2012, 05:07:26 PM
They should play extra time in All Ireland finals. People come from all over for these games and a draw is such an anti climax
There hasn't been a hurling draw since 1959.

ardchieftain

Agree Seafoid, Tannion was man of the match for me, just a pity about his miss near the end, if he'd scored it would have capped an immense performance.

Collins

Replay = extra big bonus for the GAA moneymen

Agree though, should be extra time.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on September 09, 2012, 05:11:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2012, 05:07:26 PM
There hasn't been a hurling draw since 1959.

I know - but in an All Ireland final Sunday they should try to get a result.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

I think Tom Helebert said it well on RTE : .

"We didn't  lose- that was very important for us. This is the first AIF for this group. It took huge nerve to get ourselves back in to the game when Kilkenny seemed to be pulling away from us.
This experience will do a huge amount of good for us. It's a huge job to dethrone Kilkenny. We are incredibly proud of the players "

Carmen Stateside

Tannion was MOTM for me as well.  He seem to be on the ball all the time.  I remember him playing for Galway here in NY for a summer, he was a joy to watch.  He was easily the best hurler that has played here in my time.  Draw was a fair result, really enjoyed that game and look forward to the replay.

Orchardman

whats the story lads, they are all saying replay on 30th, isn't ladies final always on that sunday, week after the mens? i know the armagh women are in it anyway, will it get shafted aside for the hurling?

seafoid

Quote from: Orchardman on September 09, 2012, 05:32:22 PM
whats the story lads, they are all saying replay on 30th, isn't ladies final always on that sunday, week after the mens? i know the armagh women are in it anyway, will it get shafted aside for the hurling?
Ladies put back 1 week

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orchardman on September 09, 2012, 05:32:22 PM
Hurling replay on 30th and women play 7th Oct. Bit of a shitter for people having booked hotels and days off work etc.

Orchardman

I don't give a shite about the ladies and i wouldn't go to watch them, but they would have had their date in the calender all year for 30th sept. Anyway, great game of hurling 2day, another big pay day no doubt and stretches the summer out a bit