keep soccer in croker!!!

Started by lawnseed 2, March 24, 2007, 05:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed 2

just caught the last 20mins of the worst game ever played in headquarters. ireland v wales soccermatch. and i have to say im delighted with what i saw. playing soccer in croker is the best thing that ever happened the gaa. not only did we see it in its true boring form not only did we see overpaid cretins stumble around blaming the pitch because they were'nt fit but we also made a few quid out of it. a few more matches in croker preceeded or followed by some decent hurling or football fixtures will finally show the people who dare to talk about this abortion and gaelic games in the same breath the error of their ways. the gaa should now spend the money raised by this plop to try to promote our games in britain and elsewhere even harder and give overseas clubs a fiancial leg up.
a couple more stinkers like this one and the fai will be looking to rent the athletic grounds because its all they'll be able to afford ;)

Bogball XV

it was shite, but i imagine there have been many equally shite games in croker over the years, since you hate soccer so much, i can't see why you'd have watched it at all??  Puzzling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lawnseed 2 on March 24, 2007, 05:41:40 PM
just caught the last 20mins of the worst game ever played in headquarters. ireland v wales soccermatch. and i have to say im delighted with what i saw. playing soccer in croker is the best thing that ever happened the gaa. not only did we see it in its true boring form not only did we see overpaid cretins stumble around blaming the pitch because they were'nt fit but we also made a few quid out of it. a few more matches in croker preceeded or followed by some decent hurling or football fixtures will finally show the people who dare to talk about this abortion and gaelic games in the same breath the error of their ways. the gaa should now spend the money raised by this plop to try to promote our games in britain and elsewhere even harder and give overseas clubs a fiancial leg up.
a couple more stinkers like this one and the fai will be looking to rent the athletic grounds because its all they'll be able to afford ;)

::) No true Irish sports man would want their National Team to lose and that goes for every sport not just soccer,right you might not like soccer but it's still your country their playing for i would support my country in anything it's called pride in where you come from
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

It was the best advert for hurling and football I've seen for many a year  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

zoyler

No doubt about it - a great day for the GAA and just as good an ad for our games and Rugby!

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 24, 2007, 08:21:18 PM
::) No true Irish sports man would want their National Team to lose and that goes for every sport not just soccer,right you might not like soccer but it's still your country their playing for i would support my country in anything it's called pride in where you come from

Dunphy was hoping for a Welsh win in Croke Park today.

As for Ireland, I've never seen them worst. Pathetic display of soccer.
Testing Accessibility

Armagh Exile

QuoteNo true Irish sports man would want their National Team to lose and that goes for every sport not just soccer,right you might not like soccer but it's still your country their playing for i would support my country in anything it's called pride in where you come from

The Ireland I know and support has 32 counties and not 26.

The Real Laoislad

It was the Republic of Ireland playing yesterday so fair enough if you didn't want to support them thats your business
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on March 24, 2007, 11:47:55 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 24, 2007, 08:21:18 PM

Dunphy was hoping for a Welsh win in Croke Park today.

As for Ireland, I've never seen them worst. Pathetic display of soccer.

Dunphy's a w**ker......Yes they played bad anyone could see that but they won. FFS if Man United play a bad game but end up winning everyone says it's the measure of a good team that they can play bad but win
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 25, 2007, 11:40:16 AM
Dunphy's a w**ker......Yes they played bad anyone could see that but they won. FFS if Man United play a bad game but end up winning everyone says it's the measure of a good team that they can play bad but win

So that was the measure of a good team yesterday? :D

The Real Laoislad

Didn't say that did i? Can't understand the bitterness towars the soccer lads,yes be bitter towards the FAI but the team bar  a couple of players are doing what they can.Im no fool their not the best squad we've ever had but is it gone to the stage where we only sing when we're doing well,It's going to be a very large Bandwagon we are gonna need when they come good again, Surely now is the time too get behind them
And if you have no intrest in soccer then don't watch the bloody match and don't come on here to complain about how bad they were.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I think the problem laoislad is that most of them look like they couldn't give a f**k. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Well I have to agree some of them don't look bothered,Robbie Keane,John O'Shea and Damien Duff being prime examples
But on the other side you have fellas like Hunt,McShane,Ireland,Doyle,Dunne and Shay Given all itching to get out and play for their country I suppose it's finding the balance which i have to admit Staunton doesn't seem to be able to do.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Any pictures of soccer in Croke?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility