Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The dying kick for two teams both past their best.Home advantage and the desire of Kerry to finally beat Tyrone could be the decisive factor.Sadly the winners are not likely to be getting anywhere near Sam.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Tyrone's demise can be clearly traced back to the Cork semi in 09, I can recall sitting in the stand being convinced  i'd saw the end of a great team, nothing since has me thinking otherwise and as I've already stated there isn't one player who's came in since who's been better the person he's replaced.

The fact that you all still think you're great is fun for the rest of too mind.

I think Tyrone fans are pretty realistic at where we're at. We are below the level of 2003-2008 but still have a decent squad and decent players coming through. If any fans have over estimated how good they are in recent years its been Armagh fans who have failed to accept that they are around 20-25 in Ireland and no matter how much management is blamed thats where they've been at.

comeontheredhands

Tyrone by 3 after they ease up towards the finish.Tyrone voodoo to work again on the former home of football.
By the way Sheepy ? if u boys put as much of ur own yoyo's into Kerry GAA as Tyrone gaels have put into  the Garvaghy project(with not one £ from our Queen) ye' s might be better off both of and on the pitch. Ps we wouldn't have the arrogance to call it a centre of excellence.
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM
Hey, at least we kicked the auld bag out. For all ye're brave nationalist talk though, you lads were always too fond of the Queen's shilling. Couldn't give it up.

This sounds like fighting talk all right [referring to her visit and her Kerry subjects]:...has deepened the feelings of loyalty and love with which her faithful subjects regard her person and her throne.

We'll shoot ourselves if we could ever be accused of coming out with such obsequious and fawning submissiveness (puke)!  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aaron Boone

More chance of seeing the AI winners in Portlaoise next Sat.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 16, 2012, 09:59:15 PM
More chance of seeing the AI winners in Portlaoise next Sat.

No Dublin are in Croke Park on Sunday.

Quote from: comeontheredhands on July 16, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Tyrone by 3 after they ease up towards the finish.Tyrone voodoo to work again on the former home of football.
By the way Sheepy ? if u boys put as much of ur own yoyo's into Kerry GAA as Tyrone gaels have put into  the Garvaghy project(with not one £ from our Queen) ye' s might be better off both of and on the pitch. Ps we wouldn't have the arrogance to call it a centre of excellence.
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

???
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

red hander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2012, 09:34:18 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 09:15:35 PM
QuoteI really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen. 

*Sits back, opens the popcorn and a can of Coke and waits for the temperature to rise on the thread*

They could teach us a thing or two about English queens:  Rapturous Welcome in Kerry for Queen Victoria

The Kerry Evening Post said of Queen Victoria's visit: "Her reception has been, we are glad to say, everything that could be wished, cordial, hearty, respectful, and the courteous demeanour of our Sovereign since she came amongst us has deepened the feelings of loyalty and love with which her faithful subjects regard her person and her throne."

Hey, at least we kicked the auld bag out. For all ye're brave nationalist talk though, you lads were always too fond of the Queen's shilling. Couldn't give it up.

Somebody has woken up in the crib in a bad mood ... get your mammy to give you some Farley's rusks and calm down. And dig out of the thatch those Union Jacks youse Kerry people were so fond of waving at the Famine Queen so you can welcome us Brits on Saturday

bennydorano

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 16, 2012, 09:57:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Tyrone's demise can be clearly traced back to the Cork semi in 09, I can recall sitting in the stand being convinced  i'd saw the end of a great team, nothing since has me thinking otherwise and as I've already stated there isn't one player who's came in since who's been better the person he's replaced.

The fact that you all still think you're great is fun for the rest of too mind.

I think Tyrone fans are pretty realistic at where we're at. We are below the level of 2003-2008 but still have a decent squad and decent players coming through. If any fans have over estimated how good they are in recent years its been Armagh fans who have failed to accept that they are around 20-25 in Ireland and no matter how much management is blamed thats where they've been at.
Armagh come into the Kerry v Tyrone equation how exactly ::) whataboutery as Evil Genius would say.  Armagh are shit, end of...

rrhf

It's nice to have the support of Armagh but it doesn't make the job any easier.  we are under no illusion, that Kerry have home advantage, experience, cynicism, were narrowly bate last year in the final and that joe has no time to grow the beard, we are young, inexperienced and enjoying our run but are under no expectation. Kerry are strong favourites.

tyssam5

Quote from: T Fearon on July 16, 2012, 09:53:01 PM
The dying kick for two teams both past their best.Home advantage and the desire of Kerry to finally beat Tyrone could be the decisive factor.Sadly the winners are not likely to be getting anywhere near Sam.

I hear you're not the best with dates, so I'll remind you, this is 2012. The noughties Tyrone team is gone, not 'past their best'. They're be about 5 starters who started in 2008.
Both teams probably good enough to get near Sam, but not to actually win, you're right in that.

dundrumite

Frank Casey

We may need to bring back a couple of the last Kerry players to experience victory over Tyrone in the championship.

Whatever about the trash talk between now and saturday evening it promises to be an occasion.

This Kerry team may be finished but so was the one in 1986 ;)
KERRY 3:7

sheamy

Quote from: comeontheredhands on July 16, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Tir Eoghain Abu !!!!

you sure?  :)

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county-board/na-fo-choisti-sub-committees/county-hq-committee/

Remit: To ensure the County HQ is established as Tyrone's Administrative and Coaching Centre of Excellence as soon as practicable

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 16, 2012, 10:17:41 PM
This Kerry team may be finished but so was the one in 1986 ;)

True Frank, we will never forget the last time Kerry beat Tyrone in the Championship, all 26 years since!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

Quote from: EC Unique on July 16, 2012, 04:39:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
This game is really a question of which era it's an end of IMO.

Should be very interesting.

Why talk of the end of an era for Tyrone? Most of the old guys are gone and there is a good scattering of youth in the team with a strong youthfull bench. The start of an era for Tyrone I think.
As some others said the quality you're replacing with is just not the same.

Some see division 2 promotion as an achievement but is it not a worry how you got there in the first place.

Peter Harte only younger guy so far at level of 03/08 teams I think.

Still a top 8 team but a fair way off... Where Kerry are -well this game will answer a lot.