Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on July 16, 2012, 08:01:45 PM
The ref individual in the referee's outfit with a whistle is Meath's David Coldrick.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bennydorano

I honest to god think Tyrone people are delusional about whereabouts they are in the pecking order at the minute.  The early stages of transition are replacing fantastic athletic footballers with immobile, less talented run of the mill footballers. Any team with Mark donnelly at CHF will win nothing - deceptively slow.  The athleticism (& talent) that was central to the 3 AI's is being replaced with mediocrity.

Kerry by 4 points, if they can be arsed.

ziggysego

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2012, 08:18:45 PM
I honest to god think Tyrone people are delusional about whereabouts they are in the pecking order at the minute.  The early stages of transition are replacing fantastic athletic footballers with immobile, less talented run of the mill footballers. Any team with Mark donnelly at CHF will win nothing - deceptively slow.  The athleticism (& talent) that was central to the 3 AI's is being replaced with mediocrity.

I've emailed this to Mickey Harte. He's thanked you for the additional tool he'll be nailing to the changing room door and Mark Donnelly's locker.
Testing Accessibility

Saffrongael

Do gaa players have lockers?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

orangeman

Any truth that a few of the Derrytresk lads have been called up to the panel for Saturday ?

Mike Sheehy

I really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen. 

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen. 

*Sits back, opens the popcorn and a can of Coke and waits for the temperature to rise on the thread*

Tyrone Dreamer

Armagh fans have been writing off Tyrone for as long as I can remember. The usual line was that Tyrone were in the same place Armagh were post 2002/3. Team was past its best etc. But Tyrone went on to prove that they could reinvent themself with a further 2 All Irelands. I don't think the team at the minute is as good as 2005 or 2008 but it still has some potential. Kerry aren't the team they were either and I'd say its an even enough game which is evidenced by the bookies odds despite Kerry being at home.

This could be a real thriller and I expect some fireworks along the way. The site of the other teams jerseys will be enough to lift the players on both sides.

Croí na hÉireann

Kerry county board spotted having a meeting in the malton hotel. No sign of segregation in there anyway.

If Darren O'Sullivan's hamstring recovers I fancy Kerry to shade this. Too many fellows with too much to prove after yesterday. I completely forgot Declan O'Sullivan was playing till the second half, he was that quiet.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Beantown

Haven't look as forward to a championship match as much since the 2008 Q/F v Dublin..

Great draw for both teams as a victory will give either team a serious confidence boost.  Looking forward to a night out in Killarney and hopefully celebrating a Tyrone victory.

Dont think either team will win Sam but would have to give Kerry the edge...on paper at least, but hopefully the green and gold jerseys will inspire Tyrone to a new (higher)  level this summer.!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 09:15:35 PM
QuoteI really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen. 

*Sits back, opens the popcorn and a can of Coke and waits for the temperature to rise on the thread*

They could teach us a thing or two about English queens:  Rapturous Welcome in Kerry for Queen Victoria

The Kerry Evening Post said of Queen Victoria's visit: "Her reception has been, we are glad to say, everything that could be wished, cordial, hearty, respectful, and the courteous demeanour of our Sovereign since she came amongst us has deepened the feelings of loyalty and love with which her faithful subjects regard her person and her throne."
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 16, 2012, 09:16:46 PM

Armagh fans have been writing off Tyrone for as long as I can remember. The usual line was that Tyrone were in the same place Armagh were post 2002/3. Team was past its best etc. But Tyrone went on to prove that they could reinvent themself with a further 2 All Irelands. I don't think the team at the minute is as good as 2005 or 2008 but it still has some potential. Kerry aren't the team they were either and I'd say its an even enough game which is evidenced by the bookies odds despite Kerry being at home.

This could be a real thriller and I expect some fireworks along the way. The site of the other teams jerseys will be enough to lift the players on both sides.

Agreed. Kerry have a lot of miles on the clock. Finalists last year. Winners two years before that and, of course, you are not true champions unless you have won back to back all irelands. We dont have the luxury of sneaking an all ireland and then taking a year or 4 off  ::) to recharge the batteries. This constant refusal to let standards drop obviously takes a toll so you would have to favour the up and coming Tyrone team, especially with all those grants they get from the british government for things like "centres of excellence" and the like (oh la-di-da says you)...we make do with kicking an auld pigskin around the place down here
in the home of football.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2012, 09:34:18 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 09:15:35 PM

They could teach us a thing or two about English queens:  Rapturous Welcome in Kerry for Queen Victoria

The Kerry Evening Post said of Queen Victoria's visit: "Her reception has been, we are glad to say, everything that could be wished, cordial, hearty, respectful, and the courteous demeanour of our Sovereign since she came amongst us has deepened the feelings of loyalty and love with which her faithful subjects regard her person and her throne."

Hey, at least we kicked the auld bag out. For all ye're brave nationalist talk though, you lads were always too fond of the Queen's shilling. Couldn't give it up.

bennydorano

Tyrone's demise can be clearly traced back to the Cork semi in 09, I can recall sitting in the stand being convinced  i'd saw the end of a great team, nothing since has me thinking otherwise and as I've already stated there isn't one player who's came in since who's been better the person he's replaced.

The fact that you all still think you're great is fun for the rest of too mind.

laoislad

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2012, 09:12:12 PM
I really wish they were playing this one away from home. We dont need these britboys running around Kerry singing about their damn Queen.
We will lend ye Billy Sheehan back for the day, he knows how to put them Nordies back in their box.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.