Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

If I've one regret about this fixture it is that there's not enough Kerry lads or lassies on this board

What ever happened to his wee brother, Barry John wasn't it?

Tyrone have a lot more pace in their team compared to the last time we met Kerry and I think Kerry's MF & defence are a lot poorer than a few years ago.

Whilst Kerry's forwards have great potential I think they'll be shocked at the amount of space they'll  be afforded in this game. Tyrone's tactics v Donegal gave me great hope of what they can achieve and we know we can still put up big scores
0.19 away to  Armagh
0.10 v Donegal's blanket defense
1.16 away to Roscommon

Whilst I am excited and hopeful I am still aware its Kerry away and they've had their wake-up call last week and know this is their BIG BIG chance to catch this annoying Nordie monkey that has been on their back for the last 10 years.

I'll see does the wife & mother in law fancy a weekend in Killarney or Tralee?
The baby is only 6 days old but he already has his red hand jersey.

blanketattack

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2012, 12:22:07 PM
This is set to be a full house.  Memories of Maurice Fitz that free and the taking on of the dubs in the qualifiers in a thrilling Kerry Summers evening spring to mind.     

Since when is Thurles in Kerry?

blanketattack

Quote from: EC Unique on July 16, 2012, 01:47:07 PM
When will we know if it is televised? Is it def on sat evening? Mouth watering fixture for both teams and neutrals alike.  8)

It's definitely going to be televised.
We'll know the date and time in an hour.
My money is that it'll be on in Killarney at 5pm on Saturday.

snoopdog

i would say it has to be Saturday evening as Tyrone minors are playing monaghan in the Ulster final in clones on Sunday at 12.
Saturday 5 pm sounds about right id say.

magpie seanie

When I heard the draw I fancied Tyrone but then I heard about the home advantage and I'm not so sure. One thing is for sure - the winner is going to be in a great position to attack another Sam.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2012, 02:27:34 PM
If I've one regret about this fixture it is that there's not enough Kerry lads or lassies on this board

What ever happened to his wee brother, Barry John wasn't it?

Tyrone have a lot more pace in their team compared to the last time we met Kerry and I think Kerry's MF & defence are a lot poorer than a few years ago.

Whilst Kerry's forwards have great potential I think they'll be shocked at the amount of space they'll  be afforded in this game. Tyrone's tactics v Donegal gave me great hope of what they can achieve and we know we can still put up big scores
0.19 away to  Armagh
0.10 v Donegal's blanket defense
1.16 away to Roscommon

Whilst I am excited and hopeful I am still aware its Kerry away and they've had their wake-up call last week and know this is their BIG BIG chance to catch this annoying Nordie monkey that has been on their back for the last 10 years.

I'll see does the wife & mother in law fancy a weekend in Killarney or Tralee?
The baby is only 6 days old but he already has his red hand jersey.

have to ask you there Fuzzman, where does that quote come from?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Shamrock Shore

Looks like Braveheart to me

Fuzzman

Yeah Braveheart or was it Paul Galvin below?

Should I email Joe Duffy and tell him he'll be busy next Monday.

Here is the speech of William Wallace from "Braveheart":

"I am William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen,
here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?"
"Two thousand against ten?" - the veteran shouted. "No! We will
run - and live!"
"Yes!" Wallace shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you
will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one cahnce, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!"

bigfrank

What about places to stay for us tyrone folk thinking of making the long trek down south..drove it last year to watch the golf..serious drive but a beautiful place..first time ever there..killarney a great drinkin town..superb place to celebrate :)

rrhf

Do ye's take the sterling down there?

ballinaman

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2012, 03:45:30 PM
Do ye's take the sterling down there?
We'll take monopoly money at this stage....

Moortown Spuds

The way things are down there they would accept chickens, pigs, virgins or any form of scrap metal.

blanketattack

Quote from: bigfrank on July 16, 2012, 03:37:52 PM
What about places to stay for us tyrone folk thinking of making the long trek down south..drove it last year to watch the golf..serious drive but a beautiful place..first time ever there..killarney a great drinkin town..superb place to celebrate :)

Accommodation will be easy enought to find. If you want a town centre hotel room at a decent price, book fairly soon seeing that it's at the height of the Summer season. However there should be lots of B&Bs and further out hotel rooms available seeing that Killarney has the 2nd most accommodation beds in the country after Dublin and the wash-out of a Summer is keeping the vacancies signs up.

LeoMc

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 16, 2012, 03:48:05 PM
The way things are down there they would accept chickens, pigs, virgins or any form of scrap metal.

Check your exchange rates. Not all of them have the same value when you go down there.

Fuzzman

Is it definitely Killarney?