Bookies have Kerry at 8/15 and Tyrone at 15/8
17/2 the draw

About right those odds i reckon.

15/8 too big.

8/15 to light.

Declan

Looking forward to this alright. Kerry slight favourites

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

barelegs

Really looking forward to this. Taking on Kerry in their own back yard is what championship football is all about. Had it have been a home game for Tyrone I would have been really confident as it is I think we've got a great chance.

This is probably the one game that could have gotten the whole Kerry footballing public excited, and it'll be a hostile atmosphere.

Tyrone really have nothing to lose. If we lose, it's a "what do you expect playing Kerry in their backyard", while for Kerry it's a "we can't lose to this shower in Killarney, we'll never hear the end of it" kind of scenario.

Fuzzman

As I predicted to a mate who was going to holiday in Kerry after the Rossie match
I said you'll only get yourself into a whole handlin as we're bound to get them in the next round with you being there now. Haha

Couldn't get the draw on the radio this morning so just saw it now on the board
Can't decide am I excited or disappointed.
I think I would have been confident of beating Westmeath in Mullingar so I don't see why we should be too afraid of playing our old foes in their own backyard

Being totally honest for once, I think Kerry are a poorer side that they were from last year even though they should have won the AI last year.
They still have excellent forwards like 2 O'Sullivans, Gooch and hot head himself but the rest of the team I think are struggling.

Will be interesting what tactics both teams apply. I can't see it being a Donegal style game but it could be at least one forward back sweeping as neither team will be keen to let any forward have too much freedom.
Wonder will Gooch stay at FF? Did he stay there yesterday or did he roam?

Anyone know what happened SON?
There's a Kerry lad in my work and he seems nervous now.
He knows if we beat them in there own back yard then he's in for a hard time, esp from the Dubs.

yellowcard

This game should shake Kerry out of their slumber. They have never been better positioned to beat Tyrone in all their encounters. In their own backyard, they have all their key players fit (if DOS starts), Tyrone are not the force they were and have a few key players on the long term injury list. I think Kerry will win this but I wouldn't be putting my house on it.

rrhf

First things first if this game isnt televised, the GAA need to take on the RTEs and TV3s of this world and throw them out, their (lack of) coverage is a disgrace and doing the GAA no favours.  Their best piece of creativity was the sj video last night which was good but they went to the effort to ensure a negative story was portrayed.  Disgusted with last weekends coverage on radio and TV it was negligent of our games. The Sunday game last night should have been a bumper programme - they spent more time on SJ who played 10 minutes than Tyrone and Roscommons efforts.  Anyway this game must be on TV and there should be a live round up of the other games after....  does anyone know if its a likely sat or Sunday fixture?   

Fuzzman

How much is your house worth Yellow?

I think they decide later today on time of match and venue.

My pal in Kerry just texted me. They're walking around in their Tyrone shirts.
Hope they're OK.  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2012, 11:21:25 AM
This game should shake Kerry out of their slumber. They have never been better positioned to beat Tyrone in all their encounters. In their own backyard, they have all their key players fit (if DOS starts), Tyrone are not the force they were and have a few key players on the long term injury list. I think Kerry will win this but I wouldn't be putting my house on it.

Have you seen Kerry's results? They're not best positioned to beat friggin' Leitrim, let alone Tyrone. Anything other than a Tyrone win would be an upset.

nrico2006

Been lucky to have the Dubs the past 2 years as games to really look forward too, really excited about this one.  Kerry aren't what they were, Tyrone are currently going through transition and are moulding in new players and missing a few talented individuals therefore its anyones game.  Not too fussed on the venue as Tyrone don't exactly set the world alight in Omagh.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

clarshack

kerry will have a massive fear of losing to tyrone in their own backyard.

imo this fear will stifle them and tyrone will take advantage.

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2012, 11:21:25 AM

Have you seen Kerry's results? They're not best positioned to beat friggin' Leitrim, let alone Tyrone. Anything other than a Tyrone win would be an upset.

Can't agree with that and nor do the bookies odds suggest this.

It's not that Kerry are playing brilliantly but they still have 5 top class forwards and have struggled previously in the early qualifier rounds before exploding to life at the scent of the first big game. See Armagh 2006 and Dublin 2009. Tyrone are also a fading force. 

Whishtup

I think that Tyrone are the right side of the transition period and Kerry have to hit the trough yet so I would expect Tyrone to sneak it.  Tyrone do well against Kerry when they stick to the football.  Too many fouls would be like bread and butter to Sheahan, the best free taker in the country.

Shamrock Shore

This will be something.

Fitzgerald Stadium Killarney on a (hopefully) sunny warm Saturday is the nicest place in the world to be at a match. Throw in all the sideshows from the past and we should have a cracker on our hands.

I hope the B&Bs can cater for the Northern hordes that will travel. Remember, travelling through Longford keep the boot down. Down I say. Or perhaps stop off in Lynn's in Edgeworthstown for a quick pint for the travelling companions. It's a hoor of a journey.

ziggysego

Tyrone on the way up, Kerry on the way down. Will the two teams meet in the middle?

My money's on a victory for Tyrone.

Kerry 1-09 Tyrone 2-11
Testing Accessibility