Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: ziggysego on July 16, 2012, 11:49:03 AM
Tyrone on the way up, Kerry on the way down. Will the two teams meet in the middle?

My money's on a victory for Tyrone.

Kerry 1-09 Tyrone 2-11

That's questionable. Tyrone have the better young players coming through but they've got worse since last year.

snoopdog

will ye's be back in time for the minors in Clones, 12pm throw in Sunday.
Best of Luck Tyrone.

Fuzzman

Ah NO NO NO

That's it I'm not watching it now
Syferus has tipped us to beat them

O'Neill are you going to it? Can you bring down some spare handbags as we're running low.

I remember going on holiday to Kerry in the late 80's and getting warm welcome from Kerry people?
They liked us Tyrone wans and thought we were a lovely wee team to beat, playing nice-ish football.

I'd say Brolly would love to be in studio with Pukey for this one.
Did you hear Des challenging Pat last night about how Clare were amadans not playing defensively with a sweeper.

ziggysego

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2012, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 16, 2012, 11:49:03 AM
Tyrone on the way up, Kerry on the way down. Will the two teams meet in the middle?

My money's on a victory for Tyrone.

Kerry 1-09 Tyrone 2-11

That's questionable. Tyrone have the better young players coming through but they've got worse since last year.

How?

They got promotion to Division 1 in the National League. Exited the Ulster Championship at the same point, to a very strong Donegal side, that would trouble most teams.
Testing Accessibility

Whishtup

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
This will be something.

Fitzgerald Stadium Killarney on a (hopefully) sunny warm Saturday is the nicest place in the world to be at a match. Throw in all the sideshows from the past and we should have a cracker on our hands.

I hope the B&Bs can cater for the Northern hordes that will travel. Remember, travelling through Longford keep the boot down. Down I say. Or perhaps stop off in Lynn's in Edgeworthstown for a quick pint for the travelling companions. It's a hoor of a journey.

The motorway to Limerick now is hard to bate and knocks nearly an hour off the journey.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2012, 11:57:17 AM
Ah NO NO NO

That's it I'm not watching it now
Syferus has tipped us to beat them

O'Neill are you going to it? Can you bring down some spare handbags as we're running low.

I remember going on holiday to Kerry in the late 80's and getting warm welcome from Kerry people?
They liked us Tyrone wans and thought we were a lovely wee team to beat, playing nice-ish football.

I'd say Brolly would love to be in studio with Pukey for this one.
Did you hear Des challenging Pat last night about how Clare were amadans not playing defensively with a sweeper.

Yeah and Spillane not having a clue what to say other than.....At the end of the day the bottom lines is..........at the end of the day.........the bottom line is..........not quite sure what he was saying! One of the few times I heard him stuck for words.

rrhf

This is set to be a full house.  Its too compelling to not go, some cant but many will.  Neutrals who want to see the battle will travel.  Management on last legs, a team according to Spillane going nowhere but a team with 4 former players of the year on it, poaching goalscorers, pacy point takers, the best freetaker in Ireland, high fielders.. incredible to think they are doubting themselves.  Kerry have huge capacity to improve, on where they are at at the moment,  Tyrone are playing reasonably well, but may not have the scope for improvement that the Kingdom have. I dont know if either team can win the AI but that isnt important at the moment.  Id have loved the thought of a fully fit Mc Menamin, a tigerish Dooher and a bruising Hub Hughes in the panel, but they arent there.  If anything the wounded animal is more dangerous his claws mightnt be as sharp as they were but they can still inflict mortal damage.  To be a last hurrah or new  Tyrone coming of age.  I expect a physical battle and thrilling football.  My fear is Tyrone dont have the physical element as they did before, whilst Kerry must throw anything thats in  in the toolbox at Tyrone.  I dont see Kerry coming back from a loss this big anytime soon - they surely have too much to lose here. Tyrone if  they  managed to beat Kerry might start to look purposeful in terms of all irelands, although they will have to beat Donegal, Dublin or Cork at some point -  teams that have been much better than them in recent years... its still too early for Tyrone, however a Kerry win and they will become amongst the favourites for the AI.       

ONeill

Kerry haven't gone away. They were All Ireland champions last year after 65 mins in the final. Whatever that means. Ricey v Galvin. O'Connor looking to bate all around him in Omagh.

I hope both O'Neill and O'Sullivan play to complete the occasion. Just a pity big Sean isn't there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

For Jack O'Connor, the thought of losing will be terrifying; for Mickey Harte the thought of winning will be thrilling.

Long live the power of positive thought!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

eviemonkey

Well this draw has set the cat among the pigeons. Kerry will be under huge pressure going into this one, but maybe pressure could be just that they need at this stage. You look at their team, and although not as talented as the 2009 version there is some huge potential there.

Kerry have struggled for form against so-called 'lesser' opposition in the qualifiers, not least yesterday but they have stumbled through, partly due to experience and their fabled winning mentality. Tyrone are one of the very few teams that can match them in this department. So it becomes a game where form and tactics will decide it. Tactically Tyrone have won these battles in the past, although Jack O'Connor was only in charge for one of these games (2005) but O'Connor is coming under a fair amount of criticism himself at present.

Kerry's issue at the moment is a number of key players are badly out of form - Young, Declan O'Sullivan, Galvin (although he played better yesterday apparently), Donaghy and even Cooper to a lesser extent. You know these players have the ability, it is whether they can re-discover their best form when they need it. And now they suddenly need to find it much sooner in the summer than they would have wanted.

Kerry are vulnerable enough at the back but whether Tyrone have the ammunition to punish them is the question. It will be interesting to see if Stephen O'Neill is available for this one. You would imagine they will keep McCurry in reserve to start off with.

Hard to say more until the teams are revealed. Kerry would be a lot stronger themselves if they had Darren O'Sullivan fit and raring to go.

Donnellys Hollow

There'll be serious momentum for whoever wins this especially with Clare being the fourth round opponents for the victors. I would fancy Kerry to take it. They're not what they were but I feel there is definitely one big kick left in them and no better team than Tyrone to provide the necessary motivation. The fact that they managed to dig deep yesterday and claw back that six point defecit has sort of been glossed over because everyone thought it would be a comfortable victory for them. It proved the hunger was still there and the question now is how many big games are left in the legs of the likes of the two Ó Sé's, Brosnan, O'Mahoney and Galvin.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AQMP

Don't ask me why or how but I fancy Tyrone to nick a close game.

Fuzzman

What do any of ye WestMeade folk think?

I'd say the Derrytresk v Dromid thing could certainly have some impact in the mood
Of course there has been some interesting BATTLES down in Kerry between ourselves in the league but this is a first. I remember listening to Micko when I was a young lad and he was asked about an open draw. His first reply was I'd not fancy going for a 1st round match up to Omagh or them coming down here.
In those days we were in awe of Kerry and I thought nah that will never happen.

I see the winners of this face Clare
http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/07/16/tyrone-draw-kerry-in-qualifiers/

EC Unique

When will we know if it is televised? Is it def on sat evening? Mouth watering fixture for both teams and neutrals alike.  8)

drici

Banker to be on the teilifís.
Meeting at three to finalise times and stuff.