Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Now nobody say this draw was a fix  ;)

Hope TV3 honour their claim of first dibs on the qualifiers and show this game.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

maggie

Both Paul Galvin and Darren O'S tweeted after the game about the amazing supporters and how they made a difference so I'd say they will be out in force for this one.

ONeill

Big contingent from Derrytresk pulled out at 9 this morning.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sheamy

ONeill

Quote from: LeoMc on July 16, 2012, 09:21:21 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2012, 09:11:26 AM
That scare that Kerry got yesterday was the worst thing to happen for Tyrone.

Kerry 3-19 Tyrone 0-9

I think Kerry will take it on the Cute hoorism stakes if that is the best we can come up with.

No tongue in cheek. Remember what the Animals did to Dublin the game after Antrim scared them.

St Peter of Glencull, pray for us.

Pharoch Phantom

G4S have just tweeted that despite losing a big job across the water they will not have enough people to cover the security required to deal with the Kerry county boards request for segregated seating.

Hardy

Handbag checkpoints at all points of access to Killarney.

God14

I was hoping to avoid Kerry & Kildare - but frigg it, these are the matches we all live for. Really excited about this one. Unlike last week - I dont think there will be much debate on here about which match will be televised!

From a Tyrone persective - id be hoping that SON, Justin McMahon and Ronan McNabb would be fit and available. Any lads on here heard much by way of updates?

Harte will have a few interesting decisions here to make as regards his selection. Does he leave the excellent albeit youthful & inexperienced Conor Clark to take on big Donaghy?? Big Call.

Darren McCurry will start on the bench, but will surely see game time. Be interesting to see how he fairs out against better opposition, but I fancy his pace will pose problems for the Kingdom rearguard when introduced.

I agree with O'Neill - the Kerry 'scare' yesterday is the bad news for Tyrone. They will have that outta their system, and will be full of focus and purpose come Saturday. Regardless of form - Kerry still have 5 of the top 15 forwards in Ireland. If things click for them, we could be in serious trouble.

Kerry with home advantage are strong favourites without question - but i'd like to think Tyrone will pose some serious questions. Proper championship game this. Whoever wins has a nice draw against Clare & back in the Championship with a huge morale boosting victory under the belt.
Loser goes home for the year and will unfortunately be subjected to the annual RTE cynisism & bile critique.

rrhf

The winners of this will surely nail down the team of the decade..

blanketattack

Kerry v Tyrone
Jack O'Connor vs Mickey Harte (3 All-Irelands each and 0-1 on head-to-heads)
Kerry's 17 year unbeaten record at home and 100% record in qualifiers/getting to the 1/4 finals vs Tyrone's 25 year unbeaten record v Kerry
Darren O'Sullivan's injury doubt vs Stephen O'Neill's injury doubt
puke form vs puke football
It's one to look forward to all week.

I think Fitzgerald stadium should implement a 100% clean shaven policy for all those entering the stadium for the match :P

rrhf

Delighted that Tyrone took Roscommon, A great effort by team and management under very trying circumstances. However this is a bitch of a game to lose.  Tyrone supporters dont expect to win all Irelands this year but they expect to beat Kerry when they play them, but with more or less a development squad, a lock o' cubs and an away  game to Kerry can anyone seriously expect Tyrone to get close...
Jack O Connor may well be the weak link in Kerry at the moment, he may crack again. 

orangeman

Big pressure on Jack O'Connor. Lose and his head will roll. If Tyrone lose, Mickey just gets on with it next year.

seafoid

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2012, 10:24:25 AM
The winners of this will surely nail down the team of the decade..
No matter what happens the next day
when people talk about Kerry long into the future it will always come up that Tyrone beat them twice in the middle of what should have been a 6 in a row .

ONeill

Pull the testicles off them lads. They don't like it.

God14

Bookies have Kerry at 8/15 and Tyrone at 15/8
17/2 the draw

About right those odds i reckon.