Antrim v Galway

Started by Orior, July 09, 2012, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

I just read that Cunningham has been dropped from the panel for not turning up at the London game. Do Antrim have any other reliable free takers?

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 09, 2012, 11:26:05 PM
Galway have been living on past glories for quite a while now. Since 2001 they have won only one game outside the connacht championship (louth 2004 i think). Galways last so called great performance was in the AI Quarter final in 2008 to Kerry. The media loved this pure game of football which Kerry still won by five points in third gear. This was the way football should be played we were told. Joyce is getting older, Meehan less older and Armstrong is still to achieve some of his potential.

That said they may squeeze past Antrim.

I heard that Galway have 12 other players

seafoid

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2012, 11:07:25 AM
I heard that they're shit.

Antrim have all the St Galls players so they must be brilliant. I would just be concerned that they might get caught up in some of the drinking down in Lisburn or Tandragee or some other mythology on the 12th once the Orange bands have finished playing and when people start eating those Ulster fry burgers. That is the kind of thing that can put a fella off his football.  Health and Safety etc .  There are a lot of these complicated cultural issues that the Galway lads don't usually experience playing in the other jurisdiction.  Especially the soda farl thing but of course Irn bru too. 

seafoid

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2012, 11:39:33 AM
Yep, yis might be better not coming up. We'll go to Salthill and beat ye there if ye want.
You'd never get parking. The park the bus in front of the goal strategy falls apart in Salthill and
even Donegal would leak. 

ONeill

I know a couple of lads who'll look after your car for you. No charge.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

optimus cheese

Parking handy enough. Should get a spot along the road or up one of the side streets. If feeling really energetic can park in Westwood Centre at the roundabout and it's a 5 min walk. Ulster minor hurling final replay on before it at 1 so may be a few in for that too.
Niblock back for Antrim and Tomas McCann from honeymoon. If Antrim put in a good display and Galway aren't up to par we can sneak it. Tomas will be on frees with Cunningham gone. Wont make a real difference. Paddy hasn't exactly been setting the world alight for some time now

Farrandeelin

Galway have been living on past glories for quite a while now. Since 2001 they have won only one game outside the connacht championship (louth 2004 i think). Galways last so called great performance was in the AI Quarter final in 2008 to Kerry. The media loved this pure game of football which Kerry still won by five points in third gear. This was the way football should be played we were told. Joyce is getting older, Meehan less older and Armstrong is still to achieve some of his potential.

How many more times have we to wait on Armstrong to achieve his potential?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway should win this but it's the type of game Galway have tended to lose in the qualifiers in recent years (usually by a point). If their attitude is right they will probably win. If they are not at it from the start then it could be a long afternoon.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2012, 01:24:02 PM

About as long as we have to wait on Mayo to do the same

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 10, 2012, 01:24:49 PM
Galway should win this but it's the type of game Galway have tended to lose in the qualifiers in recent years (usually by a point). If their attitude is right they will probably win. If they are not at it from the start then it could be a long afternoon.
I think the attitude this year is different.

drici

seafoid

What are the latest odds ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2012, 01:36:38 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2012, 01:24:02 PM

About as long as we have to wait on Mayo to do the same

You're not holding much hope then!  ;)

drici

Made sure that this does not clash with the match.

AQMP

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2012, 02:01:24 PM
What are the latest odds ?

Antrim 3/1 Galway 1/3 (a bit short??) 15/2 the draw

Handicap Antrim +3 is 11/10