John Terry Trial.

Started by laoislad, July 09, 2012, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Guess

Quote from: AQMP on September 27, 2012, 05:29:47 PM
Not a surprise, given that this "court" has a 99.7% conviction rate.  Pretty hefty fine though, wasn't Suarez fined £40k??

I imagine the fine is proportioned to a player's wages, at the time Suarez was on substantially less than he is now.

Probably best to leave judgment until the full report is published, however at this point it is baffling how the sentence has been halved in a matter of months for what looks like the same offence.

Don't follow twitter and not sure if it is a real account but from reading, my favourite lines from Eboue would be 'we rich ppl know that' and 'I am going to go relax on the beach'. Twitter seems to give some people a real heightened sense of purpose.

Norf Tyrone

Still no reasoning why Rio and Frimpong didn't get a ban!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: deiseach on September 27, 2012, 06:16:23 PM
But Emmanuel, what do you really think?

Isnt it a spoof account ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 27, 2012, 09:27:05 PM
Probably!

I am sure i saw some journalists a few months ago flagging it up as a spoof.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 27, 2012, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on September 27, 2012, 09:27:05 PM
Probably!

I am sure i saw some journalists a few months ago flagging it up as a spoof.
If it is @TheRealEboue then it is a fake.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyssam5

"To be honest, he is probably not a Racist, but he shud be man enough to own up and say sorry for the slip in toungue rather than dragging it"

Real or fake that's probably true enough there.

nrico2006

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 27, 2012, 04:00:52 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 27, 2012, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 27, 2012, 03:56:33 PM
Terry will probably take the kangaroo court to CAS now.

Would he do that? Aren't UEFA/FIFA very sensitive about these things? Chelsea, if not the league itself, would be put under immense pressure to ensure that didn't happen.

I know what your saying but if Terry believes he is innocent he has every right to take it to wherever he wants.

Re the Suarez comparison. A better comparison is where Frimpong, and Rio Ferdinand found guilty of simiar offences and neither banned. Es et because e is white?

The FA are a joke, how can they make decisions based on probability or likelihood?  I hope Terry appeals this decision and I agree its a disgrace that Ferdinand and Frimpong didn't get banned or fined anywhere near what Terry did.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Premier Emperor

Wasn't there a couple of previous incidents where Terry is alleged to have made racist comments?

Mentalman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 28, 2012, 10:08:55 AM
Wasn't there a couple of previous incidents where Terry is alleged to have made racist comments?

One with Ledley King, which was glossed over at the time, but led to all the black Spurs players withdrawing from the next English squad as far as I recall.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Mentalman on September 28, 2012, 10:17:54 AM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 28, 2012, 10:08:55 AM

One with Ledley King, which was glossed over at the time, but led to all the black Spurs players withdrawing from the next English squad as far as I recall.
I was thinking that.
Being English and then the captain helps get these things glossed over.
I remember Alan Shearer kicked someone in the face and the English FA turned a blind eye as well.

J OGorman

From a big redman in Liverpool

Interesting that Piara Powar of the Football Against Racism in Europe campaign and formerly of the Kick It Out campaign didn't have much to say about the Terry / Ferdinand situation, yet you could never shut him up about about the Suarez / Evra affair. Oh right, he's a Chelsea fan you say? Seems that at the very top of anti-racism organisations, the tribal loyalty of the football club trumps any any common decency

deiseach

Whatever you think with John Terry, it's hard to sustain the idea that this has been brushed under the carpet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 27, 2012, 09:22:12 PM
Still no reasoning why Rio and Frimpong didn't get a ban!

For what?

Terry should be thankful he got away with 4 games and 2 weeks wages. The Ledley King one that was ignored was a disgrace even if King himself didn't take offense.