Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 06, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 09:33:20 PM
Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum...

Ah no, don't!  ;)

Rossfan you have you re work cut out killing his/her enthusiasm.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 06, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum...

Ah no, don't!  ;)

Want to get in your last moments of enjoyment of this championship, eh? :-X

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 09:36:25 PM
Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum.
I see on stolensheep they are taking you to task for the sh1te you're spouting here.
We got a 2 goal start against effin Longford that day in the League but faded away to oblivion in the last 25 minutes in what was a terrible showing.
We went to Wexford Park where a combination of a late Donie goal plus a lorry load of wides by Wexford ( like last Sunday) gave us a losing margen about 7 points less that we deserved on the day.
We were effin atrocious against Galway and for the first half against Armagh .
We have some decent players coming through from underage but remember out of our 2006 minor team only 3 now remain on the panel.
From our 08 minors we've got Collins and Darren Mc on the panel with hopefully Brogan to come next year ,while from 09 we've got Kilroy, Niall Daly ( the best of them)  and Cathal Shine.
We'll hope and pray that the 2011 Minors will supply us with a some more good ones as they survive the U21 weeding out process.
Right now we aren't exactly putting the fear of God into anyone substantial despite last Sunday's unexpected but welcome win over it has to be said a very limited in ability and attitude Armagh.
We can but hope we'll give these Tyronies a run for their money and if we're in it with 15 to go ......... we might just shock them.

I see you're trying the 'I see' and not the 'I actively particpate' line  >:(

I see that you see that I see  ;D
I've been known to participate there too but as too many people got to know my moniker I only occasionally stick a biteen in.

as for Sunday week -
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-95aeRhGM0no/Tn3MdKBFoDI/AAAAAAAAAfA/ez69fDfKcmk/s1600/adriana-lara-banana-peel.jpg
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clarshack

this is a real banana skin for tyrone - there's no doubt about it.

would be happy to come away with a one point win.

ross4life

It's amazing to think what one game one win can do or in our case one good half. If we played Tyrone off the back of the Galway game our odds would be a lot longer than they currently are.

Last year's game between the two was one of the most flattering scorelines i ever witnessed & around this time last year Tyrone traveled to Pearse park, the larries put it up them no reason why we can't do the same.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

And you will. I don't like the over-confidence shown here by Tyronnies. 2006 was the last early exit at a wet Portlaoise. Could happen again. Armagh had us by the balls on 65 mins.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Daddy_Cool

Ah come on. Syferus is fast becoming an internet legend, the Harry Keegan of the web!

under the bar

Quotewould be happy to come away with a one point win.

I'd expect Mickey Harte would settle for that in every game!

stew

Rossies 0-11 Tyronies 2-15.

There ye have it, Tyrone in a canter.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Shrewdness

I see on stolensheep they are taking you to task for the sh1te you're spouting here.
We got a 2 goal start against effin Longford that day in the League but faded away to oblivion in the last 25 minutes in what was a terrible showing.
We went to Wexford Park where a combination of a late Donie goal plus a lorry load of wides by Wexford ( like last Sunday) gave us a losing margen about 7 points less that we deserved on the day.
We have some decent players coming through from underage but remember out of our 2006 minor team only 3 now remain on the panel.
From our 08 minors we've got Collins and Darren Mc on the panel with hopefully Brogan to come next year ,while from 09 we've got Kilroy, Niall Daly ( the best of them)  and Cathal Shine.
We'll hope and pray that the 2011 Minors will supply us with a some more good ones as they survive the U21 weeding out process.
Right now we aren't exactly putting the fear of God into anyone substantial despite last Sunday's unexpected but welcome win over it has to be said a very limited in ability and attitude Armagh.
We can but hope we'll give these Tyronies a run for their money and if we're in it with 15 to go ......... we might just shock them.

Those who claim to be the guardians of what can and can't be said on here, should acknowledge that Syferus was about the only Rossie to have the guts to predict that Roscommon would beat Armagh which they duly did.

As for what they think on Sheepstealers, i wouldn't take much notice of what a lot of the clowns on there think.....Too many 'yes men' on it afraid to give their own opinions and opting instead to run with the crowd.

ross4life

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 08, 2012, 06:07:50 PM

Those who claim to be the guardians of what can and can't be said on here, should acknowledge that Syferus was about the only Rossie to have the guts to predict that Roscommon would beat Armagh which they duly did.

As for what they think on Sheepstealers, i wouldn't take much notice of what a lot of the clowns on there think.....Too many 'yes men' on it afraid to give their own opinions and opting instead to run with the crowd.

Personally i admire syferus optimism he should probably go into management instead of posting on forums. How about yourself Shrew bee in your bonet about something? way to go for attacking the whole SS community good man  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

LeoMc

This may be covered on the Rossie v Armagh thread but I can't be bothered reading though it*. For someone who hasn't been near Hyde park in years where would ye get a decent pint within walking distance of the ground?

*even though any pre-match optimism from the apple munchers (when read in their slow drawl) may provide a bit of schadenfreude

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 08, 2012, 06:07:50 PM

Yes men to whom or for whom? who are "the crowd" ?
Loads of different opinions there ranging from totally silly to very sensible and then there's Syferus.
The more sensible posters on Stolensheep ( not sheepstealers  ;)) are exasperated with some of the nonsense Syfer came out with in this thread.

Anyway what about next Saturday?
Will the 2nd half v Armagh Ros team and tactics,attitude , spirit etc turn up or will it be back to the Galway/1st half of Armagh nonsense?
Hopefully the former and tear rightly into Tyrone who may be fulfilling a fixture wondering who they'll get in Round 3.
Galway hurlers yesterday will have given hope to outsiders everywhere ... but that only works if teams  are prepared and ready physically, mentally and tactically.
I'm not without hope but really will be pleasantly surprised if we are in the 3rd Round draw.

ONeill

Remember last year - the trip to Longford after losing to Donegal? Mickey surprised us all by making a rash of changes before throw-in:  Dermot Carlin started in place of Martin Swift,  Justin McMahon for Davy Harte, Colm Cavanagh for Brian Dooher, Kyle Coney for Stephen O'Neill and Aidan Cassidy for Kevin Hughes.

I wonder will he shake things up again and throw in a couple of novices, maybe in place of Mugsy and O'Neill (unlikely as that is).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.