Cavan v Kildare

Started by Dinny Breen, July 02, 2012, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 02, 2012, 08:47:48 AM
Coming from Kildare what would the best way in and I think we'll need a quick exit out of Breffni Park?
I heard that Kildare is only a few minutes drive from Cavan town!

ONeill

There's no way Geezer will play SJ. Kildare to win by 23 points.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Mc Geeney has shown he is nowhere near a top manager by his mistakes (pr related) before the Donegal game last year, and by referring to SJ before he was available.  Saturday was the icing on the cake.  I expect Kildare to win and probably by some distance.

DUBSFORSAM1

I hope McGeeney has the bottle to put SJ on and he has the bottle to play and the Cavan defenders put him in their back pocket and within the laws of the game beat the crap out of him....

Denn Forever

This shows that the gods of chance have a sense of humour.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Donnellys Hollow

So it only took a page and a half for it to start.

I have no grá for Johnston and I have absolutely no interest in seeing him play for Kildare but there's no need for a witch hunt either.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 02, 2012, 10:43:37 AM
So it only took a page and a half for it to start.

I have no grá for Johnston and I have absolutely no interest in seeing him play for Kildare but there's no need for a witch hunt either.

What do you expect from a pig but a grunt..
#newbridgeornowhere

CC1

Hope Givney can make it back for this. Any word on the severity of his injury yesterday?
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Westside

Givney tweeted that he should be ok for 2 weeks time.

CC1

Was that before or after the draw was made?!  ;)

Either way, its pretty important to have him fit and well for the game. Having Givney and Gearoid at midfield has been a major positive for us this year and it has been the strongest part of our team.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Westside

Yes he said it yesterday! A few of the players were tweeting their delight at the draw this morning. In fairness it could be a good way to motivate the lads. Although similar to the Cork game 2 years ago I cannot envisage a situation where we could win this game. Kildare are simply far superior to us at the moment.

Great to see Gearoid doing well yesterday and it seems he was fully fit again. All going well himself and Givney, Keating, Clarke, Jack, McLoughlin, McDermott should, in 3 or 4 years time, have developed into an experienced spine of a team.

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on July 02, 2012, 11:35:09 AM

Either way, its pretty important to have him fit and well for the game. Having Givney and Gearoid at midfield has been a major positive for us this year and it has been the strongest part of our team.

How did you think he played yesterday, i though he was useless.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on July 02, 2012, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: CC1 on July 02, 2012, 11:35:09 AM

How did you think he played yesterday, i though he was useless.

Agreed, bar one great catch. But he still has loads of ability and he can make a big difference against Kildare.

Sidney

Thinking of heading up to this one. What sort of driving time would I be realistically looking at from Straffan?

camanchero

Dinny - depends on your preferred route.
Either M3 through Meath or M4 turning off at Longford for Cavan.

Going by M4 (and via Granard- to see what used to be the most depressing looking town in Ireland) you will park anywhere around the first roundabout heading into Cavan from Ballinagh.
You could chance Lidl car park ?

going by M3 you can park anywhere from the Cavan crystal hotel onwards - a good few shops like homebase/B&Q with large car parks adjacent.

either side you will be only 10-15 mins walk from Breffni which is on the southern side of the town.

imo either kildare had a bad day out and/or Mcgeeney like his former armagh team mate and laois manager mcnulty - is great at defence but doesnt have a good attackin gameplan. Cant fault Carew for that as its the managers strategy he has to implement.

G Ryan has longford playing great stuff in the forwards - ok he has a few superb attacking forwards - my only reservation about Ryan getting the job now is that he may have played with a couple of guys on the squad - if he has then I'd have him wait a couple of years and clock up a bit more exp. Otherwise I'd let him have a go at it next year !
McGeeney has done very well - but you have to rmember this is his first forray into management himself and he has still a lot to learn.
imo