highorlow

QuoteCiaran Mac 

Jesus. Start a new thread!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Crete Boom

Quote from: holly11 on July 12, 2012, 10:17:59 AM

Ciaran Mac  ;)
[/quote]

would that not be the ultimate PR stunt from Horan to bring back McDonald now? deflect all the mort stuff away & have the fans creaming for 10 mins of McDonald at the end. We should win regardless but a stunt like this could be perfect for everyone(McDonald got 9 points in his last championship match).
[/quote]

Well leaving aside the fact my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I mentioned him , I recently had the pleasure of watching him in action for Crossmolina and at that level he is still flying but when looking at his performances in a ruthless manner it's his outrageous natural ability that keeps him on top and I would fear he couldn't win any posession in a intercounty match. Also Horan seems intent on building a real close hard working panel and while Mac would command huge respect and sufficent workrate it's his instinctive almost maverick stlye that probably wouldn't suit the currrent game plan. Also it would take from the man's mistique if he came back now , it would be a bit like if The Stone Roses decided to get back together ;D

rosnarun

I cant believe the ungracious attitude here Towards a man that has given the best part of Ten years to that mayo team. Our top scoring player of all time. we were lucky to have him as long as we did.
If the the keyboard warriors on here had half the passion for the  mayo football team that Mortimer has shown we be in a much happier state,
he had his own reasons for Leaving the panel for now and in truth much of the  the decision comes down to Horans consistent non selection of him He obvioulsy didn't fancy hime as a player. and its any decisions like this that horan's management career will live and die by.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rosnarun on July 12, 2012, 10:31:44 AM
I cant believe the ungracious attitude here Towards a man that has given the best part of Ten years to that mayo team. Our top scoring player of all time. we were lucky to have him as long as we did.
If the the keyboard warriors on here had half the passion for the  mayo football team that Mortimer has shown we be in a much happier state,
he had his own reasons for Leaving the panel for now and in truth much of the  the decision comes down to Horans consistent non selection of him He obvioulsy didn't fancy hime as a player. and its any decisions like this that horan's management career will live and die by.

How do you mean ros? What were his own reasons?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Mick

Freeman and Conroy have more reasons to be aggrieved than Mort. Expect both to prove a point when introduced on Sunday.

Hope Sligo give us a good game - starting so late in the year we need to get up to speed quickly. The Leitrim game was a non-event.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 12, 2012, 10:40:30 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on July 12, 2012, 10:31:44 AM

How do you mean ros? What were his own reasons?
By that i mean exactly what i say . i have no inside knowledge not claim to , but he made up his mind taking all things in to account , living situation employment Travel personal relationships . relationships with Management ect and balance that with being an intercounty footballer and all that entailes .
for 11 years or so hes decided its worth it  now he doesnt,
Hes done more than enough for us to respect his decision.
the level  of abuse he is getting is makes me thing people are just letting ther predjudices vent .
he alway presented himself in a different manner to most players but always produced the goods. He has shown that you dont have to be a 6' 2'' dullard to play football. im thinking about the cork team in particular all top top class footballers but no one want to see them , most of all cork people, the GAA would die a rapid death if all teams had their personality.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: rosnarun on July 12, 2012, 12:15:58 PM
By that i mean exactly what i say . i have no inside knowledge not claim to , but he made up his mind taking all things in to account , living situation employment Travel personal relationships . relationships with Management ect and balance that with being an intercounty footballer and all that entailes .
the level  of abuse he is getting is makes me thing people are just letting ther predjudices vent .

Stop posting rubbish about something you know nothing about.
He is a self-centred and selfish little sh!t and is loving all this attention.

What kind of team player walks out of a squad 4 days before a Connacht Final?
What does that say for his regard for the players on the team, and the amount he cares if it upsets them before a Connacht final?
What does that say about his willingness to be a team player and not a pre-Madonna?

I would give him a running shoe in the hole on the way out of the dressing-room.

he alway presented himself in a different manner to most players but always produced the goods. He has shown that you dont have to be a 6' 2'' dullard to play football. im thinking about the cork team in particular all top top class footballers but no one want to see them , most of all cork people, the GAA would die a rapid death if all teams had their personality.

More rubbish about always producing the goods - he never had ONE good performance in Croke Park, where it matters. He rarely did damn all from play against any decent defender. Ill never forget Pat McEnaney waving at him to get up off the ground as he dived about looking for frees in Croke Park.

If I was taking tap-over frees for 10 years for Mayo I would be damn close to being their top scorer too.

If this doesn't rise the Mayo players on Sunday nothing will.

rosnarun

Quote from: TyrionLannister on July 12, 2012, 12:27:35 PM

Stop posting rubbish about something you know nothing about.
He is a self-centred and selfish little sh!t and is loving all this attention.

What kind of team player walks out of a squad 4 days before a Connacht Final?
What does that say for his regard for the players on the team, and the amount he cares if it upsets them before a Connacht final?
What does that say about his willingness to be a team player and not a pre-Madonna?

I would give him a running shoe in the hole on the way out of the dressing-room.

More rubbish about always producing the goods - he never had ONE good performance in Croke Park, where it matters. He rarely did damn all from play against any decent defender. Ill never forget Pat McEnaney waving at him to get up off the ground as he dived about looking for frees in Croke Park.

If I was taking tap-over frees for 10 years for Mayo I would be damn close to being their top scorer too.

If this doesn't rise the Mayo players on Sunday nothing will.

i think the comes under the definition of  QED.

sans pessimism

Ciaran Mac  ;)

would that not be the ultimate PR stunt from Horan to bring back McDonald now? deflect all the mort stuff away & have the fans creaming for 10 mins of McDonald at the end. We should win regardless but a stunt like this could be perfect for everyone(McDonald got 9 points in his last championship match).
[/quote]Jeez,Whos next???....Jinkin Joe to try and get his record back???Verbal diarrhea has infested the board
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Here s a nice piece about one of the rare Connacht finals between the two sides.

http://www.spailpin.blogspot.ie/

From the Bunker

Ciaran Mac  ;)

[/quote]
He's 37! Yeah, it would make some circus outta the situation. Maybe we could bring Enda Sheehy in aswell!  :o

Sam2011

Listening to mid west there and the Mortimer family have released a statement practically saying that he felt Horan had a disliking towards him and that he never contacted him when recovering from injury last year and when James was informed Conor was playing a club game he didn't bother showing up to see him. It also seems conor feels Horan had a disliking towards his former club Shrule saying that how there was no Shrule players n the panel on anymore. He also said that every time he was dropped he was told they were trying out a different game plan and in the end he lost his confidence. That was the general gist of it anyway.
I can't seem to find a written statement any were.

moysider

The word on the street is that Patrick Harte is out with a broken foot. That would rule him out for the Summer. He s had a ridiculous run of injuries.

The ould bench is thinning out.