Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

A silly boy who never grew up. Could have been useful off the bench on Sunday but if that's his attitude, f**k him.

Regarding two players leaving the panel this week it's probably worth pointing out that both would be quite individualistic limelight seeking players and both have been frozen out of the team this year. You couldnt imagine either Hennelly or Mort being comfortable getting arse splinters on the bench. The fact that they're both based in Dublin probably sealed the deal for them.

It's a team game and I'm not sure either player has put the team ahead of themselves during their time on the Mayo panel.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 11, 2012, 10:18:13 PM
Disappointed to see Mort go but in the end, it's his decision. Obviously he didn't have the enthusiasm for putting in the time to be warming the bench. I think he would have def got some game time if he had stuck around, the two corner positions are far from nailed down.

Best of luck to him though, he's given a huge amount to Mayo football and maybe he'll be back at some stage

I doubt it and if it is a case of him throwing the toys out of the pram he should never be taken back.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on July 11, 2012, 10:28:15 PM
Disappointed to see Mort go but in the end, it's his decision. Obviously he didn't have the enthusiasm for putting in the time to be warming the bench. I think he would have def got some game time if he had stuck around, the two corner positions are far from nailed down.

Best of luck to him though, he's given a huge amount to Mayo football and maybe he'll be back at some stage

I doubt it and if it is a case of him throwing the toys out of the pram he should never be taken back.
+1
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2012, 10:22:16 PM
A silly boy who never grew up. Could have been useful off the bench on Sunday but if that's his attitude, f**k him.

Regarding two players leaving the panel this week it's probably worth pointing out that both would be quite individualistic limelight seeking players and both have been frozen out of the team this year. You couldnt imagine either Hennelly or Mort being comfortable getting arse splinters on the bench. The fact that they're both based in Dublin probably sealed the deal for them.

It's a team game and I'm not sure either player has put the team ahead of themselves during their time on the Mayo panel.

A very annoying development on another thread is that Conor aparently had informed certain 'confidants' in the media of his intentions to quit, if not starting v Sligo, last week. Apparently his intentions were known in pressboxes last weekend. For a lad that loves the limelight he s just gone and cut his umbilical cord to whatever recognition he was getting. His mates in the media will move on. Nothing to see here anymore.

From the Bunker

Ah, its done. He's gone for now. So it's back to concentrating on those still on board. Remember these lads offer their services free of charge and give up their own free time. There is no contract broken. They don't owe anybody anything, bar a courteous statement when leaving.

criostlinn

Very disappointed with Mortimers decision on this. The timing is way off. Mortimer leaving the panel on the day the team is named for a Connacht final.
I really taught after been out last year he finally realised that he needs Mayo football a lot more then it needs him. Obviously not and the Mort still feels its all about him. Well Conor it aint. Roll on Sunday and look forward to watching the men in green and red who want to play for the county

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2012, 10:46:55 PM

Ah, its done. He's gone for now. So it's back to concentrating on those still on board. Remember these lads offer their services free of charge and give up their own free time. There is no contract broken. They don't owe anybody anything, bar a courteous statement when leaving.

Sorry Bunker, cannot agree with you.

Gone for now? He s gone and good luck to him. He fucked away the jersey before and we forgave him ( not forgot) but he should have grown up by now. He hasn t obviously.

As regards contract. He has broken a contract of trust anyway. He s let down a lot of people with this move.  Why did he bother coming back? Assuming he would start everything? If that s his mindset ...........  He has some ego obviously but he ll soon realise that he s cut off his nose to spite his face. Now that he s no longer a player nobody ll give a shite about him.

sligoman2

Interesting ...

He's obviously not a man that likes the sub bench, but then again I don't know too many that do.

My suspicion is that Horan and some of the players will be happy he's no longer around if he's seen as a cancer to morale.  I think this make Mayo a scarier proposition than before.

I'm still hoping for a big performance from our boys and hopefully we can keep it close at least.

Does any of the sligo boys know the story with O'Hara, is he a possibility in a pinch??
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Losing a classy forward who is in good form is never a positive. Watch the I told you so's emanating from every corner of the country if Mayo lose on Sunday, in the quarters, hell, in any game this year by a couple points.

Don't let personal distaste disguise the fact this doesn't help anyone but the teams playing against Mayo.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Mayo Mick

Its Div 1 v 3. Thats all the analysis needed.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

highorlow

One man's stupidity is another man's opportunity.

So who got into the panel instead of Conor?

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Crete Boom

Quote from: highorlow on July 12, 2012, 09:34:15 AM
One man's stupidity is another man's opportunity.

So who got into the panel instead of Conor?

Ciaran Mac  ;)

holly11

Ciaran Mac  ;)
[/quote]

would that not be the ultimate PR stunt from Horan to bring back McDonald now? deflect all the mort stuff away & have the fans creaming for 10 mins of McDonald at the end. We should win regardless but a stunt like this could be perfect for everyone(McDonald got 9 points in his last championship match).