Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

You wouldn't want to go near a town at night with the Mayo senior panel involved, sure the nightclubs in Roscommon are only recovering from last year now!

Shrewdness

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 05, 2012, 01:18:26 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2012, 12:23:52 PM
Hell it's not even like Croke Park on Leinster final day!

Arra, it's more like Ballyhaunis on a cattle mart day! ;D

Now, little Mayo maneen, get your facts straight before you start talking shite.

The cattle mart in Ballyhaunis closed down years ago.

Expect a big Rossie attendance at this one.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 06, 2012, 01:06:15 PM
I'm not aware that there's any great history of Mayo fans gathering in Roscommon town after the game, although no doubt a few do, similar to anywhere else.

Personally, win or lose, I will be doing the same as the majority of Mayo fans after the game, pointing the car towards the N60 and joining the very long queue to get the f**k out of the place.

Well don't let us detain you Kramer. In fact, why don't you sit at home and stay out of Ros altogether if it bothers you that much.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 06, 2012, 08:49:13 PM

Now, little Mayo maneen, get your facts straight before you start talking shite.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Great comeback.

From what I hear the Congested Districts Board decreed that all cattle in the Ballyhaunis area has to be sold in Roscommon mart. Only a matter of time until county border is redrawn so that Haunis is a few miles inside Roscommon ;)

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 06, 2012, 08:54:17 PM
I'm not aware that there's any great history of Mayo fans gathering in Roscommon town after the game, although no doubt a few do, similar to anywhere else.

Personally, win or lose, I will be doing the same as the majority of Mayo fans after the game, pointing the car towards the N60 and joining the very long queue to get the f**k out of the place.

Well don't let us detain you Kramer. In fact, why don't you sit at home and stay out of Ros altogether if it bothers you that much.

Hmmmmmmm. Trouble is it may be that quite a few will decide to do just that. Sure no harm if they do I suppose but that is a vibe around here. Better idea after the weekend. The usual hype shite in the locals next week might make up a few minds and of course the weather could make or break the attendance. But at the moment there are more non biters than takers among those who usually attend ch. matches.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 07:52:16 PM
You wouldn't want to go near a town at night with the Mayo senior panel involved, sure the nightclubs in Roscommon are only recovering from last year now!

Well at least they must have generated some income in that case.

Sweet Jesus Christ. The way this thread has turned out is gas isn't it! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on July 06, 2012, 09:17:30 PM

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Great comeback.

From what I hear the Congested Districts Board decreed that all cattle in the Ballyhaunis area has to be sold in Roscommon mart. Only a matter of time until county border is redrawn so that Haunis is a few miles inside Roscommon ;)

I think ye mean Castlerea mart, boyo.

Proud home of our first president (bless his soul) Dr. Dougie Hyde (as all true Castlerea folk refer to him), as well as many well-maintained amenities for prideful Roscommon men and women. There's even a pig race down St. Patrick's Street when the Rose of Castlerea is on (no Mayo pork is harmed).

Lar Naparka

Touché!! ;D
Good call, Shrewdness, I thought nobody would spot that.
I couldn't think of any other mart in the xcounty that was definitely open so I went with the 'haunis.
If only all sheep shaggists were as sharp as you, we might be nicer to the whole sorry lot of ye!
But I can't possibly follow your advice. There'ss an oxymoron (no relation of Andy's) there if ever I saw one.
I mean if I checked my facts first, I wouldn't be talking shite, would I?
(Maybe you lot do things differently to the rest of us.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

If Mayo are any good they should win this one.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 09:29:27 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 06, 2012, 09:17:30 PM

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Great comeback.

I think ye mean Castlerea mart, boyo.

Proud home of our first president (bless his soul) Dr. Dougie Hyde (as all true Castlerea folk refer to him), as well as many well-maintained amenities for prideful Roscommon men and women. There's even a pig race down St. Patrick's Street when the Rose of Castlerea is on (no Mayo pork is harmed).

Never been to Castlerea mart but bought a couple nice pedigree sims in Roscommon a few years ago.

So ye re into racing pigs a s well as the sheep thingy :o Is this race part of the selection procedure to find the top porkie sorry I mean rose ;) Race the pink ones down the street with just a sash around their lovely plump pink necks.

I opened up the Roscommon (Herald?)
I just received today
for to read about my native town,
my friends so far away,
when the tears began to blind me
as I glanced across page three,
on a photo of her market day
  was the pork of Castlerea.

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2012, 10:02:37 PM
If Mayo are any good they should win this one.

You re a gas man altogether.

Contae na Gaillimhe were very good when they played Roscommon. Don t take my word for it. Just look at all the kleenex that Pat and Joe and Colm went through in the studio that day. I d reckon 'any good' wouldn t do at all.

RedandGreenSniper

Very hard to get excited about the Connacht Final reading this thread. Heaven help us.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Syferus

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 06, 2012, 10:11:20 PM
Very hard to get excited about the Connacht Final reading this thread. Heaven help us.

Poor lad.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 06, 2012, 07:50:53 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 06, 2012, 01:24:04 PM

I must have attended 9 or 10 Connacht Finals in the Hyde involving Mayo and Roscommon. Not to mention other rounds and league and qualifiers etc and I have never been in the historic old town centre once.

It s a ground. You go in, watch the game and you go home. That s the way it is for most people who are driving, have kids in tow and stuff at home. I m sure most Rossies take the same approach for a game in Castlebar.

Normally i would go straight home after Castlebar final but in 2010 i decided to stay the night. I was in all the local hot spots TBH you wouldn't even know there was a Connacht final on earlier in the day. That final had attendance of 23,000 if it was played in Hyde park it would be over 26,000 but no one complained & just got on with it.

As for this year's final i'm expecting another close contest just like the 2005-2011 Connacht finals apparently David Kelly is doubtful while both O'Shea's are fit again.

Maybe if Mayo were in the senior final you might.

Ding.

ross4life

We're not in this year's senior final but you can be sure the pubs & Rockfords will do good business after the game.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open