Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

The next 13 pages to talk about the referee or which colour Mayo will choose to play in?

moysider

The Ref has already been decided. Marty Duffy/ Michael Duffy has not been givin the gig which will be a great disappointment to some I m sure.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2012, 01:31:32 AM
Aww lads, there there! This was the logical choice from day one but we had to go through an epic full of twists, turns, back-stabbing and intrigue to get to that choice. I know it's tough losing (ok we usually win so I'm not really sure what losing feels like anymore) but if ye lose you can always blame the Hyde officials for letting the grass grow a bit extra etc, etc.  :-*

Now I know why Roscommon were so shite the last day agin Galway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2012, 10:26:57 PM
Quote from: stephenite on June 28, 2012, 09:54:13 PM
Good stuff - the Hyde far handier than Salthill.

I'm not spending a dime in Roscommon though ;D

;D ;D +1. Think I ll leave the kids at home as well in case they want to buy ice cream or a coke.

Pleased it has worked out this way even though it is a good day out ruined. Otherwise the martyrdom complex from our neighbours would have been unbearable.
Hopefully we can beat them in the Hyde and welcome them to the San Sero in a first round or semi next year.
Now, what to talk about for the next 2 weeks until the teams are named.

I wouldnt buy a Mars Bar in the place either.
Its a pity, a big gang of us Lannister's was booking a hotel in Galway and making a weekend out of it, that's all fecked now.

The real reason the Sheep Stealers want the game in the Hyde is to have a free lesson in football in their back garden, I guess we will have to show them.

baoithe

Quote from: moysider on June 29, 2012, 01:14:41 AM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on June 28, 2012, 11:33:42 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 28, 2012, 01:59:09 PM
If it has to stay in Connaught it's probably too late to suggest London?

They could have played it in Wembley and it would have been a great advertisment for the game. The English lads and Irish lads who support English teams have a lull now between the soccer stuff; guranteed full house.

Mate!

The most sensible suggestion on this whole thread mate. Hard luck Highorlow - a prophet is never recognized in his own village.

Glad it's the Hyde if it can't be Wembley. Puts all the blather to bed.

It might but it is not satisfactory either. This might appear to be about football and fairness but it isn t. It is all about money. See Syferus's post above. The concern of the other Rossies on here when they thought they might lose the gig.

How many Mayo posters on here are 'forced' to buy these 100 euro tickets for board each year, or worse still, forced to sell them and get hunted like they will deffo after this mess. And raffle tickets at 10 euro a go to win a weanling bull. Never won that weanling yet. Look at that Syferus post again and compare it to his bleating earlier and realise we have all been sold a pup. Rossies are already celebrating a victory of sorts. Good luck to them.

And it should be a home tie for us. That 97 agreement needs to be reviewed and Sligo CB told to get their act together with regards to their capacity in Mark Park and forget about neutral away finals.

Sure one proposed reason for holding it in Castlebar was that Mayo County Board had a millstone of debt around its neck on foot of refurbishing a stadium that is full to capacity on the rarest of occasions. The scale of the project was idiotic and if anything it is the Mayo County board that should get its act together and act in the interest of Gaelic Games in their county rather than these pie in the sky projects they come up with.

Like all counties we have plenty to complain about when it comes to our administrators but I certainly would not want them "to get their act together" as you put it, to increase the capacity of Markiewicz Park for the sole possibility of holding a Connacht Final once or twice a decade. Planning restrictions aside, the only reason why Markiewicz should ever have its capacity increased would be because it is full on a regular-ish basis. It never is. Even the Galway and Mayo games in 2010, although close to it, were not capacity crowds.

The extent of the refurb of McHale Park and the location of the so-called "Connacht" centre of excellence smack of legacies or monuments of dictators you find in Italy and Greece.

Cosmo Kramer

The Hyde it is then - fair enough, anywhere but Salthill was the main thing, Castlebar was only ever going to come into play if the Hyde was deemed unfit for purpose. 25k will be plenty of space as far less Mayos will travel than would if it was Castlebar. The Connacht Council will lose out, but it shows that Prenty isn't the stroke pulling conman that Mayo bashers on here like to portray him as.

The crowd won't break 20,000 unless the Ros minors qualify. If they do make it, hopefully their fans will behave themselves better this year. Although, with the seniors out, the yob element that were in attendance last year might not show up.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Syferus

Jaysus Cos, just because this whole trek ended up being one giant troll of Mayo nationalists doesn't mean you need to starting trying to mash the 'wind-up' keys!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2012, 11:14:07 AM
Jaysus Cos, just because this whole trek ended up being one giant troll of Mayo nationalists doesn't mean you need to trying to mash the 'wind-up' keys!

Arra, would ya get up  the yard, would ya!
There has been more hot air spouted by you Rossies than by the Mayo and Sligo posters put together and ye not having a donkey in this particular derby at all. ;D
And don't bother me with guff about the minors either. The fuss all along was about the senior game. Castlebar would never have entered the picture if only ye could have guaranteed that ye'd get the sheep off the bloody pitch in time for the game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

The Ros-mageddon is on - ye Sligo boys better snap up your tickets or else your dear hosts will be snapping them up  ;)

There will be one hell of a buzz around the Hyde now, our support was great in Tuam and after that sort of a game the band wagon is only going to swell, nevermind the sweet bonus of having back-to-back home Connacht finals. 'Tis a lovely day to be a Rossie.

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2012, 10:51:57 PM
The Ros-mageddon is on - ye Sligo boys better snap up your tickets or else your dear hosts will be snapping them up  ;)

There will be one hell of a buzz around the Hyde now, our support was great in Tuam and after that sort of a game the band wagon is only going to swell, nevermind the sweet bonus of having back-to-back home Connacht finals. 'Tis a lovely day to be a Rossie.
Certainly was must been have 4,5k rossies there today? & i expect more for the final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

The dear hosts will only love to see Mayo lose. Sligo people, you wil have 2 countties cheering for ye that day. It'll give an extra incentive to us Mayo people to shout loudwr for longer too.

sans pessimism

Musha God help ya,ya poor crathur
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Heard Robert Hennelly had to quit Mayo panel. Didn't buy Mayo News yet. Anyone know why?

western exile

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2012, 10:49:14 AM
Heard Robert Hennelly had to quit Mayo panel. Didn't buy Mayo News yet. Anyone know why?
"work commitments"  they say

Cosmo Kramer

That's a pity, he's a good keeper and it's always helpful to have an experienced backup. He would be first choice with a lot of counties but Clarke is more consistent, less erratic and deserves his starting place. I wonder though if he had been first choice would he have managed to balance work and football or would we have had to switch keepers this far into a championship season?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100