Roscommon v Armagh AI Round 1 Quailifer

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Devaney already did two years ago, under a manager the panel almost universally adored and a draw that required wins over London and Leitrim to get to a Connacht final, so yeah, they likely would have. Sometimes football isn't the only thing on amateur players' minds.

ck

Armagh seem to be favs with Paddy Power. Anyone think this is accurate? I need to get a few quid back from Paddy after those feckin euros..

Armagh -5?

Tubberman

Quote from: ck on June 19, 2012, 10:30:02 AM
Armagh seem to be favs with Paddy Power. Anyone think this is accurate? I need to get a few quid back from Paddy after those feckin euros..

Armagh -5?

Anyone think it's inaccurate? Despite Syferus' best efforts at optimism, I can't see anything other than an Armagh win, especially with all the players that are no longer on the Ros panel. Genuinely would like to see Ros win, but can't see it happening.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ziggy90

Any word yet on confirmation of the date and time for this one?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Applesisapples

If Armagh can't beat Roscommon convincingly then they would be better packing it in for the year.

Rossfan

Complication here because if our Minors beat Laythrum on Saturday ( not a foregone conclusion Syf  ;)) they are due to play Galway at a Galway venue on Saturday 30th. prob at 7pm.
In that case we'd need the game v Armagh to start at 3pm.
Mind you with the way things are going we might need the minors to be able to field a team v Armagh  ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggy90

Thanks for that Rossfan. I've flights booked but back to Brum Sunday morning. As long as it's on the Saturday I'm ok.

ziggy90

Quote from: moysider on June 18, 2012, 05:28:13 PM
Quote from: JP on June 18, 2012, 05:18:33 PM
How are Roscommon going to stop Jamie Clarke?

By bringing back Harry Keegan or Pat Doory ;D They d stop him by making sure he didn t start ;D

A true warrior and a blackhead :P to boot.

Rossfan

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 19, 2012, 11:05:29 AM
If Armagh can't beat Roscommon convincingly then they would be better packing it in for the year.
Good lad ... keep them coming , we need all the motivation we can get  ;D

Ziggy 90 -- A Sunday fixture is always a possibility. I presume tv will pick Longford v Derry so leaving it up to Armagh and Ros to sort out the best day/time.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2012, 03:38:46 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 19, 2012, 11:05:29 AM
Good lad ... keep them coming , we need all the motivation we can get  ;D

Ziggy 90 -- A Sunday fixture is always a possibility. I presume tv will pick Longford v Derry so leaving it up to Armagh and Ros to sort out the best day/time.

Surely TV will pick Tipperary and Offaly? After our stellar 8 minutes versus Kildare?

Syferus

I'd wonder what they'll pick. Derry were as bad against Donegal as we were against Galway and Armagh away will attract attention from people expecting a similar performance as against Tyrone.

drici

Looks like they've already picked Dún na nGall v Tír Eoghain.

Rossfan

I'm hearing tales of 2.30 pm on the Sunday.

drici

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2012, 03:53:20 PM

I'm hearing tales of 2.30 pm on the Sunday.

Yep.

2-30pm on Sunday 1st July in Dr Hyde Park.

ziggy90

Fcuk, fcuk & double fcuk >:(. Nothing for it but to re-book flights. Thanks for the info lads.