Meath vs Kildare 1st July 12 Croke Park

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheedy

well done to meath.well deserved. delighted for banty. was really impressed by some of the younger players for meath especially carroll and gillespie.
nil satis nisi optimum

give her dixie

Fantastic 2nd half, and like so many others, feel dirty for supporting Meath !! Well done Banty.

Seanie should stick to the Shinty.

Tomorrow's draw will no doubt bring up a few good matches......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tubberman

Quote from: give her dixie on July 01, 2012, 04:00:56 PM
Fantastic 2nd half, and like so many others, feel dirty for supporting Meath !! Well done Banty.

Seanie should stick to the Shinty.

Tomorrow's draw will no doubt bring up a few good matches......

Kildare v Cavan?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

macdanger2

Some win for Meath, I considered cheering for them but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Kildare will be dangerous in the qualifiers

omagh_gael

Hardy must be an emotional wreck by now. Go on Meath. Go on Banty. I mean feck off Banty.....Aghhhh! 

AZOffaly

The board would go into Meltdown. Irrespective of the Seanie saga, I though Meath fully deserved that today. Some great performances. Well done to them.

Now, rather than slag Kildare, I'm off to lick our own wounds. I'd love to have Kildares problems.

thejuice

Damien Carroll man of the match.

Alan forde was good but doesn't know when to shoot. Gillespie was great for the kick outs.

Come on in from the cold Hardy.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tubberman

Quote from: thejuice on July 01, 2012, 04:16:08 PM
Damien Carroll man of the match.

Alan forde was good but doesn't know when to shoot. Gillespie was great for the kick outs.

Come on in from the cold Hardy.

Yeah, great pace but not a whole lot of footballing ability going on today. Did his job well though
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hardy

Omagh Gael, Juice - this looked like a real Meath team. What a great coaching performance by John Evans in such a short time to harness the innate ability abounding in Meath, identify the best young talent in the county and get us back to playing real football.

;)

eviemonkey

Well done Meath, some great individual performances, particularly by the younger contingent which bodes well for the future. Meath have had some great wins in recent years (Tyrone 07, Mayo 09, Dublin 10) but have struggled to put back to back commanding performances together so it is important they produce another high quality display in the Leinster Final.

Kildare were untypically flat. They are the kind of team that if they are not operating with their customary high levels of intensity they can be made to look ordinary, as they did today. McGeeney will demand a reaction in the qualifiers and I wouldn't want to be the team to meet them the next day as I would expect a very different Kildare next time around.

seafoid

Jinxy probably didn't even watch the match. He was washing the car I think.

thejuice

When was the last Meath vs Wexford Leinster final?????
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

So the division 2 finalists both lost this weekend.

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on July 01, 2012, 04:39:51 PM
When was the last Meath vs Wexford Leinster final? ??? ?

1939. Meath went on to reach their first AIF that year, losing to Kerry.

I didn't make it that day either - I was against the catch-and-kick philosophy.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Main Street on July 01, 2012, 03:47:10 PM
Enjoy the good vibes while they last, Ard-Rí.
A good win for Meath. It's a strange feeling to let out a (muted) cheer when they got that goal.
Looks like Kildare have some calibration issues back at the gym.

It's an equally uncomfortable feeling to hear the neutrals cheering for us.

But, enough of that. Truth be told, I'm delighted with the win, due to a great team performance and the right changes by Banty at the right time. It's great to get the gym-monkey off our backs.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí