Meath vs Kildare 1st July 12 Croke Park

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

A cracking duel in prospect ......................................................

thejuice

Hard to know, depends on what Meath team shows up. I can't see us winning based on any of the form we've shown so far.

Good to see Brian Farrell starting to come into his own and graham Reilly having a good year. Joe is still off the pace. Was john Doyle injured when he came off today?

It's important to have someone who can keep close to him. Not sure who that someone is though.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: thejuice on June 17, 2012, 08:14:01 PM
Was john Doyle injured when he came off today?

Nope. Rob Kelly went off after picking up a knock but didn't seem too bad afterwards. Interesting to see who Kildare pick out around the middle because I'd assume Daryl Flynn will be back from the start. I suppose they might move either Kelly or O'Neill to the half-forwards with maybe Eoin Doyle losing out.

It's hard to see any other changes but Callaghan will be missed. His absence was noticeable under the breaks today and Meath will be a much tougher examination than Offaly.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

- Kildare ease pass Offaly
- Meath struggle pass Wicklow and need two games to dispatch Carlow
- Kildare have won the last 5 meetings in row

Yet the doubts remain and Meath with all their natural footballers should ease pass the gym monkeys.
#newbridgeornowhere

Royalranter

This game will be a non-contest. Red-hot all Ireland favourites kildare should win by at least 10 against a division 3 outfit
Let em know your there

Ohtoohtobe

All joking aside, look at the last two meetings. Kildare win by a point after Meath hit the post with their last attack. Before that, Meath look on the verge of a victory before a late Emmet Bolton goal.

Add in Callaghan's injury and doubts over Flynn's fitness and I think this will be a very close game. I do think we have more pace in our team than Meath and hopefully that will just about see us over the line.

Jinxy

We can't compete with Kildares oil money.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Heard this morning that Rob Kelly's injury is not serious and he'll be back training this week.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

Most of the Meath posters are responding well to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and the despair of the last 6 months has partially lifted but Kildare looks like a bridge too far   

Muck Savage

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 18, 2012, 03:03:34 PM
Heard this morning that Rob Kelly's injury is not serious and he'll be back training this week.

Very nasty carry on by Kelly at the weekend chewing on Ross Brady chest, there is no place in the game for that type of carry on. Hope this isn't the type of tactics that is creeping into the game. Croke Park need to stop this early on but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere.

mup

Have you got a source for this allegation?

heffo

Quote from: Muck Savage on June 20, 2012, 07:11:11 AM

Kelly at the weekend chewing on Ross Brady chest

Fecking muck savages, you can't bring them anywhere. Chewing on a fellas chest. What next?

squire_in_navy_slacks

What is it with kildare and there feeble injuries list.................................. injuries mounting etc etc..................... preferred the huddles

Jinxy

Quote from: Muck Savage on June 20, 2012, 07:11:11 AM

Very nasty carry on by Kelly at the weekend chewing on Ross Brady chest, there is no place in the game for that type of carry on. Hope this isn't the type of tactics that is creeping into the game. Croke Park need to stop this early on but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere.

That manages to sound both dangerous and pretty gay all at the same time.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mup on June 20, 2012, 07:43:37 AM
Have you got a source for this allegation?

Ross Brady. But sure look, no one saw it, and I doubt anything will be made of it. One mans word against another, and how do we know it wasn't an accident in the middle of a scuffle. Only the two boys themselves know.