Championship Matters with Marty Morrissey

Started by goal 10, May 31, 2012, 09:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Its pathetic is what it is, i'm not watching it again. Half hour is too short, everything is rushed. They just don't have a clue and have no desire to give GAA enthusiasts what they want.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rodney trotter

Could Owen Mulligan be anymore bias towards Tyrone, jebus..

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2013, 09:28:34 PM
I don't need another show or publication filled with simple match previews. Whatever about execution they have the right idea.

Another show? What other show has RTE with simple match previews? What about some analysis of the teams, look at their key men, tactics they might use etc etc. What is the point of this championship matters show?

Syferus

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 01, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
I don't need another show or publication filled with simple match previews. Whatever about execution they have the right idea.

Another show? What other show has RTE with simple match previews? What about some analysis of the teams, look at their key men, tactics they might use etc etc. What is the point of this championship matters show?

It's a magazine show so it combines filmed segments, interviews and discussions on topics effecting the sport. If anything the parts where they directly preview matches with an in-studio panel is the part that doesn't belong in that format. It's trying to do too much.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2013, 09:46:48 PM

It's a magazine show so it combines filmed segments, interviews and discussions on topics effecting the sport. If anything the parts where they directly preview matches with an in-studio panel is the part that doesn't belong in that format. It's trying to do too much.

What it is, is a big pile of shite.

Imagine football focus, on the day before the FA cup final, having half the show dedicated to a bizarre topic like the amount of money being spent of transfers? Why is it always GAA programs that get this crappy treatment?

Maguire01

Caught it tonight for the first time - won't be going out of my way to catch it again. The level of analysis was pitiful - well below gaaboard standards!

theticklemister

That money bit was a pile of crap. Yer man harrington gave us only two reasons why money makes teams better which he produced evidence. The rest was all just gibberish talk about money being the be all ande end all. 

larryin89

mid west radio now previewig games, 100 times better.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BluestackBoy

Quote from: larryin89 on August 01, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
mid west radio now previewig games, 100 times better.
I'd say McGuinness's & Gallagher's ears are burning :D :D :D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Captain Obvious

Get rid of Marty and the rest, replace them with Anna Geary,Katrina Parrock.

Denn Forever

Seo Spoirt this Friday night or Saturday morning will show how to do it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Syferus

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 01, 2013, 10:50:39 PM

That's what I mean. I'd hate for Championships Matters just to be a another me-too. It's certainly nor great but it's a format that if they removed some of the clutter and had less of a rotating cast might improve immeasurably. Do think Marty is likeable, which is more than can be said for most presenters.

Denn Forever

The weird thing is the first few CM shows were quite good. Was Marty the first compere?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2013, 10:56:21 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 01, 2013, 10:50:39 PM

That's what I mean. I'd hate for Championships Matters just to be a another me-too. It's certainly nor great but it's a format that if they removed some of the clutter and had less of a rotating cast might improve immeasurably. Do think Marty is likeable, which is more than can be said for most presenters.
He's a cheese head
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 02, 2012, 11:35:58 AM
RTE have obviously tried to replicate Seo Spoirt.  Central presenter with 3 knomledgable guests.  Looking forward to the next episode.

Don't try and make this look more professional.

As long as Marty is involved, the last thing it will look like is professional. A divil of a man for the women I believe :o :o :o
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.