Championship Matters with Marty Morrissey

Started by goal 10, May 31, 2012, 09:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

seo sport is the best - though I cant understand the half of it !

rte is shocking , but its still better than tv3's effort that seems to be a race to get as many cliches into a point of view as possible, yet still offer no actual insight into anything at all.their guests are usually inarticulate and unknowledgeable (but cliche layden) ex players or hacks that dont seem to have a pass leaving cert between them !!

feck sake - how hard can it be to put together a football/hurling programme !

ballinaman

Anyone remember Breaking Ball?? Decent show, nothing like Breaking Bad but a decent show all the same...

5 Sams

Quote from: ballinaman on August 01, 2013, 11:09:22 PM
Anyone remember Breaking Ball?? Decent show, nothing like Breaking Bad but a decent show all the same...

Breaking Ball was v good. Seó Spóirt is a step above all the rest however but I think yiz are being hard on Marty and the crew on CM. it's entertaining...if you want in depth analysis read the times or the sindo or Listen to Radio 1 on Sat and Sun and 2fm every evening at 7. CM Is a nice wee entertaining Gaa magazine show. Leave it alone. Mugsy's is brutal though. :o
The Aristocrat Years

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 01, 2013, 11:08:00 PM

rte is shocking , but its still better than tv3's effort that seems to be a race to get as many cliches into a point of view as possible, yet still offer no actual insight into anything at all.their guests are usually inarticulate and unknowledgeable (but cliche layden) ex players or hacks that dont seem to have a pass leaving cert between them !!

Is it the mexican slang in the subtitles you have problems with?  :P

CM is dross, all about Marty and his smart comments and what's worse is him laughing at them when it cuts back to studio. At least TV3 discussed the grudge match this week (although it is their highlight match of the weekend to be fair).
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 01, 2013, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 02, 2012, 11:35:58 AM
RTE have obviously tried to replicate Seo Spoirt.  Central presenter with 3 knomledgable guests.  Looking forward to the next episode.

Don't try and make this look more professional.

As long as Marty is involved, the last thing it will look like is professional. A divil of a man for the women I believe :o :o :o

Id say he has stuck it into everything this week in galway

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 02, 2013, 03:18:34 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 01, 2013, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 02, 2012, 11:35:58 AM
RTE have obviously tried to replicate Seo Spoirt.  Central presenter with 3 knomledgable guests.  Looking forward to the next episode.

Don't try and make this look more professional.

As long as Marty is involved, the last thing it will look like is professional. A divil of a man for the women I believe :o :o :o

Id say he has stuck it into everything this week in galway

Are you claiming Marty has committed acts of beastility, Squire? :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 02, 2013, 03:13:35 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 01, 2013, 11:08:00 PM

Is it the mexican slang in the subtitles you have problems with?  :P

CM is dross, all about Marty and his smart comments and what's worse is him laughing at them when it cuts back to studio. At least TV3 discussed the grudge match this week (although it is their highlight match of the weekend to be fair).
obv a joke as I've lived in 'mexico' almost as long as you have - as you well know !!

I'd not disagree that marty is a joke - a GAA man, but that doesnt mean he should be presenting a tv programme about it !

if it is a race to the bottom between tv3 and rte on who can put out the worst GAA programme, then its a hell of a competition.
cliche central with tv3 and its participants way worse imo at this juncture of the season for brain dead non-analysis and rubbish.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

blewuporstuffed

the Second Captains guys from the irish times do a great podcast a couple of times a week.
Not exclusively GAA, but their analysis and pundits are generally very good.
mcconville, david brady,anthony moyles & jason sherlock all on in the last couple of weeks.
Mcconnville & david brady come across far better on the radio for some reason than when they are on the telly. The whole thing is far more relaxed and the ex players seem to more comfortable saying what they really think rather than the usual cliches

on last nights championship matters i thought sean armstong was quite good, whereas mugsy talks, but never really commits himself to an opinion on anything
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

theticklemister

Very good the night there. Paul Flynn impresses me every time I see him. One of my favourite hurlers too. Very good to hear the amount of time players sPend at intercounty training and the difference between the mid kinetics and now when Flynn said they would go for a few drinks every Sunday after NFL game. He also said there use to be a break in April for them!!

Syferus

Quote from: theticklemister on August 08, 2013, 08:59:24 PM
Very good the night there. Paul Flynn impresses me every time I see him. One of my favourite hurlers too. Very good to hear the amount of time players sPend at intercounty training and the difference between the mid kinetics and now when Flynn said they would go for a few drinks every Sunday after NFL game. He also said there use to be a break in April for them!!

And here's me thinking you meant this Paul Flynn:

theticklemister

Only one paul flynn lad; yer man with the big stick.