Championship Matters with Marty Morrissey

Started by goal 10, May 31, 2012, 09:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

http://tv.gaa.ie/#/62401/976/-round-the-square-episode-8-2012

This is way way better than what was served up on Championship matters. It's not rocket science rte.

Rossfan

Seó Spóirt "Seós" the way once more.
Why can't RTE simply do an English version of this?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Watched CM. I don't know what the purpose of the two different segments were? The first was on Con Houhinan, who now has passed away quite a while ago. (No disrespect to the man but) Why was this covered this weekend. If it was maybe a Dublin/Kerry final which he was greatly associated with then ok. Then we had the story of the Mayo 50/51 team. Yawn, and i am from Mayo. Then in the studio we have no representative journalist/player/manager/chancer from Ulster or Connacht. I often feel that provincial panelists will have a closer knowledge of their neighbours. Anyway dead rubber!

glens73

Fair play to Andy Moran having to sit next to Mark McHugh.

ballinaman

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ballinaman on June 13, 2013, 08:39:25 PM
Back on now....Cork camogie captain 8)
RTE trying to score ratings with some eye candy.

beer baron

I reckon she should be on every week.    :P

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 13, 2013, 09:15:03 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 13, 2013, 08:39:25 PM
Back on now....Cork camogie captain 8)
RTE trying to score ratings with some eye candy.

Arrah stop that craic. She was the best analyst of the lot, better than a lot of RTE's permanent ones.

Shane Lowry's off the Christmas card list, anyways.

Plain of the Herbs

In 'de quizz' last night, Brian Carroll was asked which Offaly hurler, as well as Johnny D, won an allstar in 2000.  BC coolly answered "the great John Troy" and the answer was accepted as correct.

John T didn't win an allstar in 2000.  Nor did any other Offaly hurler bar Johnny D.

So.  Was the piece edited?  Carroll didn't appear to the thrown by the question.  Did Carroll get the 'answer' wrong but got credit for it?  Or did BC interject, the cameras stopped rolling and then restarted?

WeeDonns

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2012, 10:12:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2012, 10:10:11 PM
Seó Spóirt "Seós" the way once more.
Why can't RTE simply do an English version of this?
Best GAA programme on the tv by a long way.

Even better, why don't they bring back 'Breaking Ball' I think it was called? Used to be on Thursday Night/Saturday morning. Great show
Any of it on youtube?

theticklemister

mylestheslasher

The show is called "championship matters", if it matters so much why spend so little time talking about it? The show is 30 mins long. This weekend we have a feast of football with 4 top 1/4 finals on at the business end of the season - there is no need for filler, just discuss the games. But no, what does this idiotic program do, dedicates the first 10 minutes to a piece and a discussion on how much money teams spend on preparation. Totally pointless and even if it weren't the piece and discussion were wishy washy anyway. Then we watch Aidan o Shea take up 5 minutes answering GAA questions. Boom - half the show gone and not a word about the games this weekend. Finally we get the same old analysis of the games ahead with none of the guests having anything too inciteful to say, in fact if I headed down the local there would be more debate. I could sumarise it as follows. Owne Mulligan thinks Tyrone will win because he is from Tyrone. Kerry will win because there hasnt been a peep out of them this year. Donegal and Mayo almost brought a bit of debate - almost. Monaghan are on cloud 9 and wont be down in time for the match. Depends which Cork team turns up to play Dublin (I suppose they dont want to accidentally send their minors)

Why do I bother watch anything RTE do around GAA?

Syferus

I don't need another show or publication filled with simple match previews. Whatever about execution they have the right idea.