USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2012, 12:38:46 PM
A re-cap from last years qualifier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyWNqEpwWo

P Harte made hay the whole second half, he will be a marked man on Sunday. Expect a few heavy knocks early on.

Would the Armagh posters feel this years team is stronger than last years? Stevey Mc will clearly be a huge loss.

And why would last years qualifier have any impact on this years Ulster championship.

Onion Bag

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 06, 2012, 12:36:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 06, 2012, 12:33:47 PM
They are from the seated areas.

Can you move freely from behind the goals to the side terrace?

Just after talking to our club secretary there, he said all standing tickets are the same, they just say terracing on them,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Yes your terrace ticket allows you to stand where you like, you can walk freely from behind either goals and into the main terrace but with a sellout crowd expected i doubt there'll be much room. I suggest you get in for minor match and get a decent spot...P.S. if your behind the goals and it rains then your soaked ;) and it gives heavy showers for Sun afternoon
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Strongish team but think there may be 1 or 2 changes come throw in.  Not sure if it is good enough to win but there is nothing to lose.  \tyrone obviously are favourites, but so were Down last year.  Siege mentality worth 2-3 points for Armagh.

BennyHarp

Thanks for the info lads, been years since I've been at the Athletic Grounds and flying over for the game on Sunday. One last question - any decent pubs nearby to go for a few beers before the games?
That was never a square ball!!

Cold tea

Red Neds and the Toby Jug - even nip into the Og's club and you are right at the ground.

Feckitt

Applesisapples

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 06, 2012, 12:37:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 06, 2012, 12:36:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 06, 2012, 12:33:47 PM
They are from the seated areas.

Can you move freely from behind the goals to the side terrace?

This is what i was asking, just didnt make it very clear
I think so I meant not from the seated area.

ardchieftain

Can't see that team starting. I'm sure the management don't want to show their hand to the enemy. We'll know at 4pm on Sunday. One things for sure, we won't be as tactically naive as last year in Omagh. I have a really good feeling about this game, Home advantage and the fact it's tyrone, like bcb mentioned earlier, is definitely worth a few points start.
The anticipation is rising.................

bennydorano

I wouldn't be expecting any last minute changes tbh, name your team & get on with it. Gamesmanship with Harte is pointless, only  going to be one winner.

NaomhBridAbĂș

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

ONeill

That Armagh team would lift the spirits of Tyrone men. Ciaran McKeever - rated by so many within Armagh and outsiders too - I always feel he's a liability on the back foot. Will lose the head or give away silly frees.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Thon Mckeever is a soft, lapping hoor and he'll go out and do someone within mins I bet ye. I sure hope nobody asks him was he at the queens jubilee.

Applesisapples

How on earth can Mickey Harte or the Tyrone team concentrate with all the coverage of the trial in Mauritius...puts the game in perspective.