USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Just keep youse thinking Petey Harte will be centre back!!! Sure he has been playing there in all te inhose games this past 3 weeks!

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

regal

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 06, 2012, 09:56:47 AM
Three debutantes by my reckoning? McKenna, forker & Rafferty?

Have McEvoy and Anto Duffy played in ulster before?

Cold tea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 06, 2012, 08:54:18 AM
Armagh Team Named

1.        PHILIP Mc EVOY
2.        ANDY MALLON
3.        BRENDAN DONAGHY
4.        DECLAN Mc KENNA
5.        AARON KERNAN
6.        CIARAN MC KEEVER
7.        FINNIAN MORIARTY
8.        KIERAN TONER
9.        MALACHY MACKIN
10.        AIDAN FORKER
11.        KEVIN DYAS
12.        ANTO DUFFY
13.        JAMIE CLARKE
14.        BRIAN MALLON
15.        CAOLAN RAFFERTY

And the team that were on the wrong end of a drubbing in Healy Park  ;) last year:

1. Hearty
2. Mallon
3. Donaghy
4. Dyas
5. Kernan
6. McKeever
7. Duffy
8. Toner
9. Lavery
10. Vernon
11. McDonnell
12. Mackin
13. Jamie
14. Padden
15. O'Rourke

Five changes...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mackers

I'd be happy enough with our defence except for the one man fouling machine that is Finn Mo. No huge surprises as I'd heard that James Morgan has 20 stitches in an arm injury so I wouldn't be listing him as backup for defence.
I haven't seen Toner play since he came back from injury but I would have concerns over his mobility and sharpness. Big Mal won't let us down in this department.
We need massive games from Aidan Forker and Caolan Rafferty as Tyrone will form a defensive wall around Jamie like they did last year.  We need a plan to utilise the resulting space.  Rafferty will have a big influence on proceedings with his pace and ball winning ability but we need him to put the last piece of the jigsaw in place and finish the moves off. He needs 4/5 points from play to take himself to the next level which he is capable of. I also have big hopes for Forker who has the ability in bucketloads. I presume that Dyas will be given the job of tracking Peter Harte.
Our left sided frees are a huge concern as Brian Mallon kicks them all with his instep and though he is accurate, anything outside thirty metres he doesn't have the boot for it.
We have pace in the forward line but do we have the ability to finish the moves???
I'm glad to see we haven't gone for big Kingham and if things aren't going well up front I hope to see McVerry and McParland introduced.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Berfaboy77

Armagh: P McEvoy; A Mallon, B Donaghy, D McKenna; A Kernan, C McKeever, F Moriarty; K Toner, M Machin; A Forker, K Dyas, A Duffy; J Clarke, B Mallon, C Rafferty.

Disappointed that Vernon did'nt make the starting line up (Is he injured?) Also I thought Hanratty was tailor made for this game. I would have serious doubts about Moriarty & Dyas, very lucky to get a start in my book...

Applesisapples

God only two Cross men in that team, that is unbelievable given the quality. Still think Tyrone will win this, may not be much in it but we don't have enough firepower.

Onion Bag

Can anyone confirm, is the standing areas of the pitch all separated, i mean, Behind the goals both ends and the terrace across from the seated stand or can you decide were you want to be, i have 2 seated tickets but would prefer to stand over the far side
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Applesisapples

BennyHarp

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 06, 2012, 12:33:47 PM
They are from the seated areas.

Can you move freely from behind the goals to the side terrace?
That was never a square ball!!

Onion Bag

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 06, 2012, 12:36:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 06, 2012, 12:33:47 PM
They are from the seated areas.

Can you move freely from behind the goals to the side terrace?

This is what i was asking, just didnt make it very clear
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

omagh_gael

A re-cap from last years qualifier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyWNqEpwWo

P Harte made hay the whole second half, he will be a marked man on Sunday. Expect a few heavy knocks early on.

Would the Armagh posters feel this years team is stronger than last years? Stevey Mc will clearly be a huge loss.

Mr. Nakata

Any updates on the Tyrone injuries. Will be gutted if PJ Quinn misses out. I've enjoyed his performances this year. Fitness worries over Colm Cav, McNabb and McCaul as well. Could we possibly have both ricey and block in from the start? Where will big Joe line out? Plenty of questions to be answered. Team will be interesting for sure.