USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 07, 2012, 10:06:51 AM
How on earth can Mickey Harte or the Tyrone team concentrate with all the coverage of the trial in Mauritius...puts the game in perspective.
I agree it must be tough on Mickey Harte, can't imagine it would affect many of the players in the same way though.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

BennyCake

It amazes me how Mickey Harte is in any way sane after the last 18 months. I'm not sure how he has continued in the way he has.

illdecide

Often thought about that myself but i suppose it's the only thing that takes his mind of that terrible tragedy and gives him something to focus on as if he were to sit at home every day thinking about what them bastids done to his daughter he would end up in the ETU
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on June 07, 2012, 12:35:21 PM
It amazes me how Mickey Harte is in any way sane after the last 18 months. I'm not sure how he has continued in the way he has.
It's the football that keeps Mickey going and Michaela wouldn't want it any other way. Great man Tyrone lucky to have him.

Orchardman

paddy heaney did some slabbering in the irish news today, gave away the armagh game plan that everyone knows, hope paddy o rourke isn't too angry with him!

tyroneman

Didn't get to read Heaney - what gameplan did he reveal?

Orchardman

that kingham would be playing full forward, and we were naming a dummy team by having brian mallon at full forward, just like down did last week he says. Keep it on the QT by the way, don't tell anyone i told ya

also that dyas will follow pete harte around the field
and that the mood is good in the armagh camp!

orangeman

From the Indo - just look at the attendances - incredible - 

Our table gives the results of all Armagh-Tyrone championship games since 2000. Remarkably, there's only a three-point differential between them in their aggregate scores from nine games -- which were watched by 386,890 spectators.

2000: Armagh 0-12 Tyrone 0-8, Ulster quarter-final, Clones (Att: 31,461)

2001: Tyrone 1-14 Armagh 1-9, Ulster quarter-final, Clones (30,578)

2002: Armagh 1-12 Tyrone 1-12, Ulster quarter-final, Clones (31,617)

2002: Armagh 2-13 Tyrone 0-16, Ulster quarter-final replay, Clones (29,423)

2003: Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9, All-Ireland final, Croke Park (79,391)

2005: Armagh 2-8 Tyrone 0-14, Ulster final, Croke Park (60,186)

2005: Armagh 0-13 Tyrone 0-11, Ulster final replay, Croke Park (31,954)

2005: Tyrone 1-13 Armagh 1-12, All-Ireland semi-final, Croke Park ( 65,858)

2009: Tyrone 2-10 Armagh 1-10 (Ulster quarter-final, Clones (26,422)

Total: Tyrone 4, Armagh 3, Draws 2.

Aggregate score: Tyrone 5-110 (125pts); Armagh 8-98 (122pts)

Titles

Tyrone: 3 All-Ireland (2003, '05, '08); 5 Ulster ('01, '03, '07, '09, 2010); 2 NFL ('02, '03)

Armagh: 1 All-Ireland ('02); 6 Ulster (2000, '02, '04, '05, '06, '08); 1 NFL ('05)

bennydorano

You're talking through your hole Paddy.  I think he's way off as well - or at least I hope to god he's way off - what is the point of putting Kingham in FF?  Meat & Drink to either of the McMahons, Brian Mallon there would cause much more trouble.

borderfox

Tyrone by 27.Ill just be goin for the craic ;). Its Tyrones to lose.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Fuzzman

I see from the teamtalkmag website they're naming the team at Kelly's in Garvaghey.
http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/15744

It seems like its not running too smoothly though

I am expecting one surprise from Mickey somewhere in the team and I won't be surprised if its in the forward line.
How's about Colm Cavanagh at FF for the crack?

omagh_gael

Tyrone team:

Packy McConnell
A McCrory
Justy McMahon
Dermy Carlin
C McCarron
Conor Gormley
S O'Neill
Joe McMahon
C Cavanagh
R McNabb
Mark Donnelly
P Harte
Penrose
SoN
Mugsy

Dermy and Sean O'Neill would be the standout surprises in that 15. I suppose McNabb starting too if you were to believe Paddy Heaney in todays IN. His insider info on Kingham starting for Armagh is probably bollix as well.

maximus

Is the stream working for you? Championship draw to be made too

Fuzzman

The stream is working now.
Interesting team and glad to see Peter Harte named in the FF line and I like to see Joey play in MF.
Wonder will Penfold stay in the FF line or will we see SON and Mugsy v 5 defenders again
I can't stand watching games like that with players scared to kick it into the FF line.

ONeill

Quote from: maximus on June 07, 2012, 09:18:44 PM
Is the stream working for you? Championship draw to be made too

Power cut. First the kangaroo, now this. Feckin apple-chompers up til anything.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.