USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Yeah same one 2 years better on, mc aliskey, mulgrew, Lzk

NaomhBridAbú

I cant see any of those players being called out of retirement - also it wouldnt reflect well on the current squad, if MH had to call up gys that have retired.

id say that PJ is in deadly condition, but wouldnt be too sure of anyone else...i hope he doesnt have to call them up, and that we would have sufficient resource with the lads we have....just cannot afford any other injuries
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

INDIANA

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on May 29, 2012, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2012, 05:05:02 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2012, 03:55:06 PM
Any word on Cavanagh's injury. Is in 6-8 weeks or out for the season?
Dislocated shoulder? he should be back for Tyrone's qualifier game.

I don't know where people are getting the dislocated shoulder from - its the same injury as last time only on the other shoulder. The odds of this happening are immeasurable. Recovery time many months from now - devastating after having worked so hard to get back to football again. Big miss for ourselves and Tyrone.

the last one was a dethatched tendon- which only weightlifters do typically. Chances of that in Gaa is about 5%

this is a standard dislocated shoulder. a common gaa injury. Its 4 months recovery now post-op. Operation is a lot slicker then it used to be.

heart goes out to him. been through it and its horrible

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on May 29, 2012, 10:03:13 PM
other shoulder fellas? or the surgically repaired one?

The other shoulder. Not the repaired one.

DuffleKing

Quote from: INDIANA on May 29, 2012, 11:57:41 PM

I don't know where people are getting the dislocated shoulder from - its the same injury as last time only on the other shoulder. The odds of this happening are immeasurable. Recovery time many months from now - devastating after having worked so hard to get back to football again. Big miss for ourselves and Tyrone.

the last one was a dethatched tendon- which only weightlifters do typically. Chances of that in Gaa is about 5%

this is a standard dislocated shoulder. a common gaa injury. Its 4 months recovery now post-op. Operation is a lot slicker then it used to be.

Not a dislocated shoulder.

Same injury on the other side.

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 30, 2012, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 29, 2012, 11:57:41 PM

Not a dislocated shoulder.

Same injury on the other side.

never heard of it ever happening on a Gaa pitch. thats even worse then a dislocated shoulder. thats ridiculously unlucky.

sheamy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 29, 2012, 11:45:50 PM
I cant see any of those players being called out of retirement - also it wouldnt reflect well on the current squad, if MH had to call up gys that have retired.

Irish News have a photo of Brian McGuigan on the back page as main sports story. Seems to be a not so cryptic game of guess who going on.

EC Unique

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 29, 2012, 11:45:50 PM

id say that PJ is in deadly condition, but wouldnt be too sure of anyone else...i hope he doesnt have to call them up, and that we would have sufficient resource with the lads we have....just cannot afford any other injuries

He is calling them into the squad. Not garanteed a start .

nrico2006

At the start of the year everything was looking very good due to the new faces brought into the team, I definitely had a feeling that this could have been a big year.  It is now seeming more and more like 2006, with the loss of RoN, Coney and Cavanagh on top of the seemingly ever present injruy worries around Justin McMahon and SON.  I can't see Tyrone doing anything at the business end of the season, Ulster will be the likely prize.  I just hope that the injured players return as good as they were before injury.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

I can see Armagh giving Tyrone a right royal hammering (1996), signalling the end of the careers of Gormley, O'Neill, Ricey, Mickey, Philomena Begley, Hugo and Malachi Cush. The Athletic Grounds will reverberate with the delirious applechompers celebrating a long overdue victory over their nemesis or that might be Fearon stomping away from the burger van which was sold out.

Tyrone supporters will be sent home with their collective tail trailing the ground, back to the dreary bumpy roads and the families squabbles over ramparts and loanans. The times are changing. Tyrone's last game was a hammering by Dublin in Dublin. The unmerciful beating the street-urinators will afford us will scar lads forever, like 20 year olds from Mayo now. They look haunted and hunted. "Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio, Armagh for apples, Tyrone for handbags.." Batten down the hatches. It'll be a long cold summer that'll last the rest of our lives. Darkness.

Armagh 3-18
Tyrone 0-9

Or maybe Armagh are middlin. In that case a draw.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2012, 10:48:05 AM
I can see Armagh giving Tyrone a right royal hammering (1996), signalling the end of the careers of Gormley, O'Neill, Ricey, Mickey, Philomena Begley, Hugo and Malachi Cush. The Athletic Grounds will reverberate with the delirious applechompers celebrating a long overdue victory over their nemesis or that might be Fearon stomping away from the burger van which was sold out.

Tyrone supporters will be sent home with their collective tail trailing the ground, back to the dreary bumpy roads and the families squabbles over ramparts and loanans. The times are changing. Tyrone's last game was a hammering by Dublin in Dublin. The unmerciful beating the street-urinators will afford us will scar lads forever, like 20 year olds from Mayo now. They look haunted and hunted. "Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio, Armagh for apples, Tyrone for handbags.." Batten down the hatches. It'll be a long cold summer that'll last the rest of our lives. Darkness.

Armagh 3-18
Tyrone 0-9

Or maybe Armagh are middlin. In that case a draw.

Well O'Neill we acn only hope your right...my doubts are receding!

Fuzzman

I think a lot of us would have to agree with Nrico there. We started the year with kinda optimistic high hopes of maybe getting close to Dublin and Cork and being contenders again with the new freshness of youth and speed.

However, I think history is repeating itself and with the afore mentioned players all out long term already then it could prove even a struggle to win Ulster, especially having to come through the hard side of the draw.
Not being cocky but I still think we can beat Armagh but not so sure about Donegal /Derry
Yes we could have another run through the qualifiers which could benefit the newer team players but maybe our lower expectations now will do us no harm.

I just hope we don't end up losing to the Dubs again. 3 years in a row I can't take

Orior

Are there any particular weaknesses in the Tyrone team that Armagh should seek to exploit?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Quote from: Orior on May 30, 2012, 12:21:00 PM
Are there any particular weaknesses in the Tyrone team that Armagh should seek to exploit?

As with most teams now - the ability to shoot from distance. Sean was the great white hope in that regard. 15 orange geansai in their own half.

Also, Tyrone's full back line is still unsettled. Clarke will probably have 2-3 hanging out of him and if you can find another marksman he could make hay.

Finally, it's looking like if you stop P Harte you slow the heartbeat of the side.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LeoMc

Quote from: ballymac on May 29, 2012, 11:49:40 AM
Tyrone injury list is growing and the number of walking wounded is growing. Also events taking place elsewhere are to say the least a distraction. This game is set up for Armagh to win and I don't think it will be a south armagh ambush but a full frontal attack.

Tyrone need to change their game plan as the Armagh manager (McGeeney) has been taking the last few sessions with his team.
Get your money on Armagh now
Are you Marty McFly?