Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: naka on May 28, 2012, 10:35:15 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 27, 2012, 09:56:46 PM
Shaping up to Armagh win.
feck off#
we will be lucky to hold tyrone to ten points
you will beat us out the gate 8)

Armagh will need another 11-12 of tyrone players to miss the match to get within 10 points of the red hands,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

EC Unique

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 28, 2012, 11:10:57 AM
feck off#

Armagh will need another 11-12 of tyrone players to miss the match to get within 10 points of the red hands,

Agreed.

yellowcard

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 28, 2012, 11:10:57 AM
feck off#

Presumably you are taking the piss. Can't understand why Tyrone are being put up on a pedestal. To me they are an ordinary team and this will be a close affair that could go either way.

regal

So what will the Tyrone forward line look like without the considerable presence of cavanagh, coney & o'neill. I would guess..

McNabb
Mark Donnelly
Penrose
Mulligan
McKenna
O'Neill

In reserve - Matty Donnelly (is he fit?) / colm cavanagh  / ?

It shouldn't really strike fear into the hearts of the armagh defenders. O'Neill is probably past his best but remains a really class footballer. It will be their movement and workrate, I guess, which armagh will fear

Agent Orange

yellowcard

Quote from: Agent Orange on May 28, 2012, 12:33:29 PM
Its still Tyrones to lose.

Can't understand this take on it. They stormed their way through an average division 2 but for me they are way short of the Tyrone of 5-6 years ago. Admittedly Armagh have dipped too but with the home venue advantage I think Armagh have a 50/50 chance.

BennyCake

If Jamie Clarke is marked well, who's going to get Armagh's scores? Tyrone aren't what they were, but they have more forwards who can take scores.

Cold tea

Jamie Clarke didn't play the majority of the league and Armagh were able to find scores, they are not a one man show - I think they will surprise Tyrone.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Cold tea on May 28, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
Jamie Clarke didn't play the majority of the league and Armagh were able to find scores, they are not a one man show - I think they will surprise Tyrone.

not enough Cold tea, they got relegated, they got alot of their scores from frees
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

Quotenot enough Cold tea, they got relegated, they got alot of their scores from frees

However when Jamie Clark is around you often pick up frees, even if he is stopped.

It is hard to know, in Tralee Armagh got some good scores, in Portlaoise they couldn't get the ball between the posts.

Cross' have been well drilled to provide options for Jamie to pass, and have won games well when he has been bottled up by double marking. The problem with their long season is that Clark doesn't get long to train with the Armagh setup to get this moves worked out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

onefaircounty

What are the odds, I guess Armagh are going in about 2/1?

Hashtag

Forward line will be
10. McNabb (doing his role at CHB)
11. Markie Donnelly
12. Joe McMahon
13. Penrose
14. O'Neill
15. Mugsy

sheamy

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170081

if today's press is accurate it might be

10. Dooher
11. McGuigan
12. McMahon
13. Penrose
14. O'Neill
15. Mugsy

If Fermanagh are beat, there's always a chance Canavan will replace Penrose in the corner  :)

nrico2006

The big concern from a Tyrone point of view is the fact we don't have anyone who can/attempt to consistently hit long range points.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballymac

Tyrone injury list is growing and the number of walking wounded is growing. Also events taking place elsewhere are to say the least a distraction. This game is set up for Armagh to win and I don't think it will be a south armagh ambush but a full frontal attack.

Tyrone need to change their game plan as the Armagh manager (McGeeney) has been taking the last few sessions with his team.
Get your money on Armagh now