USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2012, 03:55:06 PM
Any word on Cavanagh's injury. Is in 6-8 weeks or out for the season?
Dislocated shoulder? he should be back for Tyrone's qualifier game.

Armaghgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 29, 2012, 04:23:45 PM
Got my hair cut today and had a quick look at some paper called the SUN
Interesting wee paper with some nice photos.

There's an article about Harte calling back the has-beens and he says both Coney and Sean are out for the majority of the year.
One of my work colleagues here says it must be true if its in the SUN

I suppose when you list forwards like
Mark Donnelly
Penrose
Mugsy
Stevie O
and maybe move Peter Harte forward then we do look to have better forwards than Armagh.
Bar Jamie & maybe young Stevenson from frees who else should we be fearing?

There is too much Cute Hoorism going on in this thread for me.
Tyrone to raid the Orchard by 12 and go home stoned via the Garvaghey Road.

I will enjoy seeing Caolan Rafferty taking your full back to the cleaners   :D :D :D
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 29, 2012, 04:23:45 PM
Got my hair cut today and had a quick look at some paper called the SUN
Interesting wee paper with some nice photos.

There's an article about Harte calling back the has-beens and he says both Coney and Sean are out for the majority of the year.
One of my work colleagues here says it must be true if its in the SUN

I suppose when you list forwards like
Mark Donnelly
Penrose
Mugsy
Stevie O
and maybe move Peter Harte forward then we do look to have better forwards than Armagh.
Bar Jamie & maybe young Stevenson from frees who else should we be fearing?

There is too much Cute Hoorism going on in this thread for me.
Tyrone to raid the Orchard by 12 and go home stoned via the Garvaghey Road.

Wouldn't say its cute hoorism at all, maybe if it was coming from the managers. But for supporters on an internet forum to try and big up the opposition or play down their own teams chances isn't gonna make one blind bit of difference.

Too many people of the belief that the opinions of the internet warriors will actually carry some stock.

lemallon

Posters from other counties seem to be assuming Michael Stevenson is going to start v Tyrone.  However anyone who was in Donegal will tell you the lad simply doesent have the pace or ball winning strength to command a place in the first 15.  We have either Aaron Kernan or Aidan Forker perfectly capable of taking left footed frees.  The right footed ones are more of a worry.  Most likely candidate is Tony Kernan but again I fear we are trying to create a place for him.  After that its a lottery.  Brian Mallon took them v Mayo and Dublin but his range would be extremely limited and again not guaranteed a place.  Micheal O Rourke made a total mess of 2 vital ones in the 2nd half v Donegal and again his form means he is likely to be on bench.  After that there is non one I fear.  Hence it looks like T Kernan is almost guaranteed a starting spot despite never really doing it for Armagh seniors.

Throw ball

Quote from: lemallon on May 29, 2012, 07:19:13 PM
Posters from other counties seem to be assuming Michael Stevenson is going to start v Tyrone.  However anyone who was in Donegal will tell you the lad simply doesent have the pace or ball winning strength to command a place in the first 15.  We have either Aaron Kernan or Aidan Forker perfectly capable of taking left footed frees.  The right footed ones are more of a worry.  Most likely candidate is Tony Kernan but again I fear we are trying to create a place for him.  After that its a lottery.  Brian Mallon took them v Mayo and Dublin but his range would be extremely limited and again not guaranteed a place.  Micheal O Rourke made a total mess of 2 vital ones in the 2nd half v Donegal and again his form means he is likely to be on bench.  After that there is non one I fear.  Hence it looks like T Kernan is almost guaranteed a starting spot despite never really doing it for Armagh seniors.

I agree with you totally. As an aside I am told that at the Irish News talk night Paddy Heaney complained about Armagh tactics against Donegal. First he said Stevenson should not have been taken off and second that Armagh should have been hitting frees directly into the forwards. You back up what I thought of his first point. As for the second - who do Armagh have in the forward line to win a 50/50 ball. Mistakes may have been made in tactics that day but not in these points I think.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2012, 05:05:02 PM

Out for the season.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

regal

Armaghgael

Toner pulled his calf muscle last week and on the armagh forum someone has posted that Mackin is out as well
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Orior

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 29, 2012, 07:24:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2012, 05:05:02 PM

Out for the season.

Would someone please tell Mickey Harte to stop phoning Oisin McConville and Steven McDonnell. No, you cannot bring them in as backup for Cavanagh.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Redhand Santa

Losing Cavanagh is a huge blow to Tyrone at this stage. He was starting to look back in good shape and was expecting a big year from him. His loss combined with Coney and O'Neill cuts down the options dramatically. I'd have rated Tyrone as All Ireland contenders earlier in the year, would have much less confidence now.

I'd have no problem with Harte trying to get a few of the older boys back to add a bit of experience and quality to the squad. The likes of McGuigan, McGinley and Jordan would be very good options if could be persuaded. Jordan and McGinley in particular would keep themself in great shape. I see someone on hoganstand which can never be trusted speculating that Harte is considering McCullagh. What age would he be now? Would he be a realistic option? Mellon actually looks back in decent shape even if it is intermediate level but couldn't see Harte going back to him now. Definitely can't see Dooher being an option.

INDIANA

other shoulder fellas? or the surgically repaired one?

shezam

rrhf

Mc Gahan coalisland, mulgrew donaghmore, grugan omagh, etc etc

Redhand Santa

Which mcgahan from coalisland? Not the one who played midfield in the mckenna cu a few years ago?  Grugan didn't start for u21s so don't think he'd be an option at this stage. If any of younger boys were going to get a call mcaliskey must be knocking on door with scoring he's doing for clonoe. But it takes time to settle at county level. At this stage of season if you were calling anyone in mcginley or jordan would seem like best options given their fitness and experience.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on May 29, 2012, 07:38:12 PM
I don't know where people are getting the dislocated shoulder from - its the same injury as last time only on the other shoulder. The odds of this happening are immeasurable.

Wasn't the last injury due to an accident with weights?

Seriously bad luck indeed but I'd wonder is it due to any fall-out from that first injury, specifically to the healing of it?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...