USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 29, 2012, 10:53:38 AM
The big concern from a Tyrone point of view is the fact we don't have anyone who can/attempt to consistently hit long range points.
The problem for Armagh is that outside of Jamie Clarke we don't have anybody who can consistently hit points.

Onion Bag

Tyrone have more than enough in reserve, plenty of defenders on the bench to release Peter Harte to go upfront,
They will will go strong on Jamie Clarke snuffing out our main scoring threat, Musgy, stevie o neill, penrose, and the rest are more than enough to threaten armaghs defence,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

rrhf

Tyrone need to change their game plan as the Armagh manager (McGeeney) has been taking the last few sessions with his team.

Holy ghost that is big news.  Mc Geeney taking the Armagh team!

Hashtag

The big concern from a Tyrone point of view is the fact we don't have anyone who can/attempt to consistently hit long range points.

This isn't a concern. Tyrone don't play that style of football. They carry it then release sidewards to the next man coming at pace. They would be blew up for a forward pass if they moved the ball any other way.
I hate Tyrone's style of play. Ruining Gaelic Football.

yellowcard

Quote from: ballymac on May 29, 2012, 11:49:40 AM
Tyrone injury list is growing and the number of walking wounded is growing. Also events taking place elsewhere are to say the least a distraction. This game is set up for Armagh to win and I don't think it will be a south armagh ambush but a full frontal attack.

Tyrone need to change their game plan as the Armagh manager (McGeeney) has been taking the last few sessions with his team.
Get your money on Armagh now

What are you smoking?

yellowcard

Quote from: Hashtag on May 29, 2012, 01:43:16 PM

This isn't a concern. Tyrone don't play that style of football. They carry it then release sidewards to the next man coming at pace. They would be blew up for a forward pass if they moved the ball any other way.
I hate Tyrone's style of play. Ruining Gaelic Football.

Very true, its why Mickey Harte always defends the current state of gaelic football. Their game is a possession based game based on hard running support play from deep with minimum risk involved.

However most other teams now imitate this style and Tyrone lack the finishers that they used to have and thats why they are no longer the force of old.

Hashtag

Quote from: yellowcard on May 29, 2012, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: ballymac on May 29, 2012, 11:49:40 AM
Tyrone injury list is growing and the number of walking wounded is growing. Also events taking place elsewhere are to say the least a distraction. This game is set up for Armagh to win and I don't think it will be a south armagh ambush but a full frontal attack.

Get your money on Armagh now

What are you smoking?

X2

Cold tea

Is Mickey panicing!!!

http://www.hoganstand.com/Football/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170081

Harte to coax back retirees?
29 May 2012

Mickey Harte may send an SOS to Brian Dooher, Philip Jordan and Brian McGuigan.

As the O'Neill County's injury crisis deepens - with Kyle Coney, Ronan O'Neill, Tommy McGuigan and now Sean Cavanagh all sidelined - Harte admits that he may have to turn to some of his recently-retired stars for a dig-out:

"You have to look at what's required - do any of those players have an interest in helping us out? And a lot of things have to fit together for that to happen.

"I could not say at this time, but we have to look at all options. If we need to add some people to the panel we'd certainly look at those options.

"Some things in life you can't change and you have to deal with what you're faced. I think there's a lot of experience in the squad, there are a lot of good players there and I think we'll be able to roll up the sleeves so to speak and deliver their best performance.

"If they do that then we'll not be too far away," the Tyrone boss continues in the Irish Times.

"It will test the strength in depth of the squad. People talk about when you get a few injuries other players can come in, but you're reducing your options all the while.

"Since they'll all on one side of the field, it's going to prove problematic. Really good forwards don't grow on trees and it takes a long time to mature them.

"It reminds me of 2006 when we came back after winning the All-Ireland and we had five or six great players sitting in the stand for the first match when we played Derry in Omagh.

"You just have to deal with it and I think it will ask serious questions of the rest of the squad and maybe give an opportunity to a player who maybe didn't think they'd get one just as quickly as they will do now."

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Cold tea on May 29, 2012, 02:38:26 PM
Is Mickey panicing!!!

What! Icing everything?

Sure he's panicking, we're fecked!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Cold tea

Armaghgeddon

EC Unique

Any word on Cavanagh's injury. Is in 6-8 weeks or out for the season?

Fuzzman

Got my hair cut today and had a quick look at some paper called the SUN
Interesting wee paper with some nice photos.

There's an article about Harte calling back the has-beens and he says both Coney and Sean are out for the majority of the year.
One of my work colleagues here says it must be true if its in the SUN

I suppose when you list forwards like
Mark Donnelly
Penrose
Mugsy
Stevie O
and maybe move Peter Harte forward then we do look to have better forwards than Armagh.
Bar Jamie & maybe young Stevenson from frees who else should we be fearing?

There is too much Cute Hoorism going on in this thread for me.
Tyrone to raid the Orchard by 12 and go home stoned via the Garvaghey Road.

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Doohicky

Shot in the Dark here, but anyone know of any good places to watch this in Chicago? I am going to be over there with work.