ROSCOMMON v GALWAY, CONNACHT SFC

Started by Shrewdness, May 11, 2012, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

they getting murdered, need a goal before half time to even make a game of it, you not see the donegal game too open

moysider

This is hard to fathom. To be honest I think this story is about Roscommon s almost complete system failure. How could they come into a Championship match v Galway so undercooked. Unbelievable. It started like a challenge match.

From the Bunker

Boring match, was expecting a rip roaring game. Only danger for Galway is that they will probably get a bit over-rated from this.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2012, 04:28:11 PM
Ros never got going. Even before Finneran's inj they were flat. Must be sickening for the Rossies on here.

From the sounds of it, they (Ros) are playing with wing forwards, but they never venture beyond the Roscommon half-back line. There is no one for the Roscommon backs to destribute the ball too, so Galway win the ball and the pressure resumes. Roscommon have lads back but they don't sound like they are getting stuck in Galway at all. Galway are getting players back too but they are defending and then getting forward.

I had Roscommon down to win this, I never thought there was such a gap between these two teams.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

baoithe

Roscommon are a division 3 team for the moment. Kilbride and cregg appear to me to be the only forwards worth talking about. Shine has always been too immobile to be a top inter-county forward (his performance against Sligo in 2010 was more down to our failings than his quality) - and I say that while recognising the service into him hasnt been good enough today. I don't think his movement is near good enough. If he played out the field he would be even more impotent at championship level. But of course that's all just personal opinion.

I'd prefer if Sligo were playing Roscommon in June although I'm sure Sligonian might disagree with me.

seafoid

Nice to see galway motoring again. I hope we get meath in the qualifiers.

From the Bunker

More like it in the Second half from Ross. Shine from dead ball has been poor. Although many of his frees at goal have been far out!

moysider

If Shine had his shooting boots on they could be still within 3 or 4 points.

From the Bunker

Surprising with the square ball now defunct that Roscommon who have big men are not trying out the new rules!

moysider

Roscommon new found urgency didn t last long. This is very poor. Only still watching because I m trying to avoid mowing the lawn.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2012, 05:18:18 PM
Surprising with the square ball now defunct that Roscommon who have big men are not trying out the new rules!

Ros big men inside don t play like big men. Lack pace and aggression. Cant attack the ball. Any ball gone in has been gobbled up by the more determined backs.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on May 20, 2012, 05:19:36 PM
Roscommon new found urgency didn t last long. This is very poor. Only still watching because I m trying to avoid mowing the lawn.

There's begining to be an echo in the ground, looks like there are a few gone home to mow their lawn!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2012, 04:59:35 PM
Nice to see galway motoring again. I hope we get meath in the qualifiers.

Galway have to be favourites for Connacht after this performance.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.