ROSCOMMON v GALWAY, CONNACHT SFC

Started by Shrewdness, May 11, 2012, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 19, 2012, 08:13:52 PM
I expect Ross to shade it.
There's no sort of form line to go by but the home side have a more settled has a more settled look about it.
I know from sad experience that no team in Connacht can ever afford to take Galway lightly but I don't imagine Roscommon will do this tomorrow.
With the Joyces unavailable and Meehan struggling with injuries, Galway are vulnerable.
Besides, Finneran and Mannion should be able to dominate any pairing Galway may field against them and Kilbride and Shine are two others I don't expect to see being subdued by anyone Galway puts to mark them.
All in all, I expect Ross to win by 2 or 3 points.

Lar, exactly how I feel about game tomorrow. How Galway expect Joe Bergin to play midfield at this stage of his career is beyond me. I know he is not first choice, but it says something about their lack of depth in that position.

Syferus

I was a week removed from my first birthday the last time Roscommon defeated the Tribesmen at our home, and even in the years since where we've not simply lose to them, 1998 and 2001, Galway always managed to have the last say.

This could be a sunrise I've been waiting a lifetime to see.

GalwayBayBoy

I'm amazed that the bookies have Galway slight favourites. Pretty much 95% of previews I' ve read in the past day or two have tipped Roscommon to win. In fact I can't remember anyone who's actually tipped Galway apart from the lad on Aertel. I know Galway have a good record in the Hyde but can't help but feeling that the bookies might be reading this one badly wrong.

Syferus

I'm sorry Galway, but you just ain't winning this one.  >:(

Farrandeelin

;D ;D ;D She obviously has Ballagh in Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Good luck lads, but make your own!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2012, 07:21:37 AM
;D ;D ;D She obviously has Ballagh in Mayo.

That or the Mayo Co.co. and Roscommon Co.co. have followed up on those merger rumours. We might actually win an All-Ireland between us and would sort out the Ballagh issue (then again it has nothing to do with co.co's  ;)  )
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Wildweasel74

seen Roscommon against Derry two weeks back, they were motoring quite well even though it was only a friendly, hard to judge what Galway are like giving they ahve such a young team, but had some good results and some bad in the league, hard to call it to tell you the truth

Tubberman

Jaysus Keenan could have been in on goal there if he kept his cool. Two great scores for Ros though after quick Galway score.
They're finding a lot of space around their half forward line already.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Ros look in trouble, haven't settled at all. Galway with all the possession, Ros with a lot of handling errors.

western exile

What is the background to both teams using charities as a sponsor name?

Tubberman

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on May 20, 2012, 04:22:54 PM
Jesus, it's over already.

Galway might as well collect the Nestor Cup at half time.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

maigheo

disaster for the rossies.looks like game over at this stage.

Farrandeelin

Ros never got going. Even before Finneran's inj they were flat. Must be sickening for the Rossies on here.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.