8 Joe Bergin
9 Greg Higgins
10 Gary Sice
11 Damien Burke
12 Thomas Flynn
13 Sean Armstrong
14 Paul Conroy
15 Mark Hehir

I don't know do I see too many scores coming from that half forward line consisting of two half backs and a midfielder!

Much changed from the one that lined out v Mayo last June & number of positional changes plus the option of Bergin,Flynn swapping places. The FF line has a decent history v us over the years. Makes for a interesting match up.

Syferus is correct we won't fear Galway why should we? If we lose it'll be for other reasons.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 15, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
Galway team to play Roscommon on Sunday:

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Kieran McGrath
3 Finian Hanley
4 Keith Kelly
5 Garreth Bradshaw
6 Johnny Duane
7 Gary O'Donnell
8 Joe Bergin
9 Greg Higgins
10 Gary Sice
11 Damien Burke
12 Thomas Flynn
13 Sean Armstrong
14 Paul Conroy
15 Mark Hehir

I don't know do I see too many scores coming from that half forward line consisting of two half backs and a midfielder!
Decent team. Very mobile half backline. Alot depends on Bergin at midfield. .... Flynn will obviously be helping out there. The inside 3 can take their scores and Sice and Burke are physically strong. Some bench with Meehan and PJ on it.

sligoman2

Going back to the good old days when i had time to run the spreads competition with dicky rock, i would have made galway favs by 1.5
And i would have picked roscommon. A draw is very possible in
my opinion
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

1. Geoffrey Claffey (C); Naomh Caoimhin Cáislean Riabhach

2. Seánie McDermott; Gaeil an Iarthair
3. Niall Carty; Na Piarsaigh
4. Seán Purcell; Mainistir na Búille

5. Cathal Dineen; Naomh Caoimhin Cáislean Riabhach
6. Peter Domican; Naomh Bríd
7. Ian Kilbride; Naomh Bríd

8. Michael Finneran; Naomh Dominic
9. Karol Mannion; Naomh Bríd

10. David Keenan; Naomh Bearraí
11. Cathal Cregg; Gaeil an Iarthair
12. John Rogers; Béal na mBuillí

13. Senan Kilbride; Naomh Bríd
14. Darren McDermott; Naomh Caoimhin Cáislean Riabhach
15. Donie Shine; Clann na nGael

Niall Daly,David O'Gara not starting is a surprise. It's more settled looking team than the one's we had in 06,08 v Galway.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

The last 10 minutes should be interesting if it is a close match

SLIGONIAN

Jees i wouldnt fear that Galway team at all especially HF line and FF line. Roscommon better team on paper imho. In the cut and thrust of championship i dont have any memories of armstrong, conroy doing much damage, hehir is good but v young. It'll be interesting to see the level of improvement in Roscommon from the league but thats a strong line up with loads of experience and very settled.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2012, 09:03:04 AM
It'll be interesting to see the level of improvement in Roscommon from the league
That is what it will all hinge on I believe.
If not much then Galway to win and radical overhaul of the Ros team for the First Round qualifier.
If the very badly needed loads of improvement takes place then we're in with a decent shout.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2012, 11:32:08 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2012, 09:03:04 AM
It'll be interesting to see the level of improvement in Roscommon from the league
That is what it will all hinge on I believe.
If not much then Galway to win and radical overhaul of the Ros team for the First Round qualifier.
If the very badly needed loads of improvement takes place then we're in with a decent shout.
I dont think theres any doubt that Roscommon will improve, ye do it every yr, galway usually and mayo even seem to have dips from league to championship. Looking forward to watching how this one plays out. As i said before dont know who i want to win but its hopefully a good game although one sided affair would probably suit our mentality as underdogs but we will be anyway id imagine.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggy90

Lads is this game live on TV? The reason I ask is, I'm living in Birmingham, and I have a channel called Premier Sports, who have the GAA franchise for the UK. I checked their schedule today and found that they are only showing deferred coverage. If it's on live I shall have to force myself to make an all to infrequent foray to the local hostelry.  :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 17, 2012, 08:30:57 PM
Lads is this game live on TV? The reason I ask is, I'm living in Birmingham, and I have a channel called Premier Sports, who have the GAA franchise for the UK. I checked their schedule today and found that they are only showing deferred coverage. If it's on live I shall have to force myself to make an all to infrequent foray to the local hostelry.  :P
It's live on RTE. Apparently there's going to be a big TV screen behind one of the goals that should add to the atmosphere.

Tubberman

Quote from: ross4life on May 17, 2012, 08:59:36 PM
It's live on RTE. Apparently there's going to be a big TV screen behind one of the goals that should add to the atmosphere.

I saw that... As if people are incapable of talking amongst themselves for 15 minutes! Now you're going to have 'expert analysis' blasted around the place.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ziggy90

Cheers for that ross, I'll have one for you.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on May 17, 2012, 10:06:28 PM

I saw that... As if people are incapable of talking amongst themselves for 15 minutes! Now you're going to have 'expert analysis' blasted around the place.

It'll probably only take a couple minutes and it'll be alot better than most of the guff going on at half-time at matches, kid's games aside. Definitely y a nice touch, especially if they'll be showing replays form RTE on it as well.

Lar Naparka

I expect Ross to shade it.
There's no sort of form line to go by but the home side have a more settled has a more settled look about it.
I know from sad experience that no team in Connacht can ever afford to take Galway lightly but I don't imagine Roscommon will do this tomorrow.
With the Joyces unavailable and Meehan struggling with injuries, Galway are vulnerable.
Besides, Finneran and Mannion should be able to dominate any pairing Galway may field against them and Kilbride and Shine are two others I don't expect to see being subdued by anyone Galway puts to mark them.
All in all, I expect Ross to win by 2 or 3 points.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ross4life

Best of luck to Des Newton & all the players. I would normally say may the best team win but after waiting 22 years i'll take any type of Roscommon win tomorrow.