EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The second goal was very poor from the Irish p.o.v.

3 defenders in front of Silva and he still scored
The link is called "Silva takes his time and adjusts his shot"
http://www.rts.ch/video/sport/football/4067846-espagne-irlande-2-0-silva-prend-son-temps-ajuste-son-tir-et-offre-le-2eme-but-a-l-espagne.html

Tony Baloney

Keane getting the boot in on ITV. Shock!

Milltown Row2

This lad knew where the net was against the Spanish :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 14, 2012, 09:43:22 PM
Keane getting the boot in on ITV. Shock!

At least the current men on the Irish squad showed up for the games which is more than can be said for that ****.

Declan

Whats Keane saying on ITV?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Declan on June 13, 2012, 10:13:42 AM
Quotecomfortable on the ball

Jesus I hate that phrase. Everyone in our team is a professional and comfortable on the ball  - they can all control the ball and pass it - it's not that difficult. The difference is being able to do it at speed and under pressure which some of our lads aren't. Trap recognises this and so has set up the team to stop people playing and to take our chances from set pieces etc.

To me it comes down to the coaches philosophy on the game .Look at Swansea, Wigan etc -. Would you say that they would all get onto the Spanish/German teams - no but they are encouraged to play the game in a certain manner. Traps' outlook is different. I hate it myself but his job was to get us to the Euros. He did that so I had no real expectations from the tournament except to hope we had a chance going into the last game with a point - doesn't look like that will happen now -Still heading over though ;)

Very enjoyable game last night and no one will tell me that we cannot try to play the game in the same manner - it's a cop out

i Know your at the match declan but i hope you have not recorded the analysis because Liam Brady used the word an afull lot  ;)
Sorry misread your post declan it'sthe italian match your going to
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

haranguerer

Quote from: Declan on June 14, 2012, 09:46:58 PM

Hes saying we shouldnt be happy with being good losers

centre 3/4s

Keane is brilliant and 100% right in all he says, everyone else tippy tapping around the issue and buttering it all up but to be fair to him a spade is a spade and he had no repect for anyone...

laoislad

That they all should have walked out before the tournament started.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

'ireland players not as good as they think they are. tough days ahead. you wouldnt see defending like that on a sunday morning. changes needed. need to change mindset and not just be happy to have a sing song'.
nil satis nisi optimum

Declan

Quotebut i hope you have not recorded the analysis because Liam Brday used the word an afull lot

Ah Jaysus

saffron sam2

Stephen Ward played every second of the last season's Premier League for the Wolves.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Declan on June 14, 2012, 09:55:57 PM
Quotebut i hope you have not recorded the analysis because Liam Brday used the word an afull lot

Ah Jaysus

;D yup i don't feel too bad now  ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mylestheslasher

Keane was right, defending was absolute shite.

laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 14, 2012, 10:00:24 PM
Keane was right, defending was absolute shite.
It didn't take Keane to tell us to know that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.