EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCCP1

Huge disappointment to hear Delaney is behind some drink aware campaign and wont be throwing the FAI credit card behind the bars in Polska.

AQMP

Rodney Marsh's reaction to the England squad via Twitter

"It's simple, shit squad!"

;D

EC Unique

That England squad is seriously weak.  ;D

imtommygunn

Can they really do that much better though??

Downing obviously shouldn't be there and Strurridge probably should.

Ferdinand in my view is past it but then maybe he's as good an option as any.

thejuice

Is this the England supporters thread?

Is there an Irish one?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

EagleLord

Anyone know whoe Butland is???

EC Unique

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 16, 2012, 01:52:53 PM
Can they really do that much better though??

Downing obviously shouldn't be there and Strurridge probably should.

Ferdinand in my view is past it but then maybe he's as good an option as any.

It is probably close enough to the best they can offer which makes it even funnier. Downing has had a rubbish season and makes it. Says it all really.  :D

Denn Forever

Downing playing regularly.  Not well but regularly.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EagleLord on May 16, 2012, 01:58:51 PM

Jack Butland, has a total of 0 appearances for his main club Birmingham and 24 on loan to Cheltenham Town.

ziggy90

Quote from: EagleLord on May 16, 2012, 01:58:51 PM

Butland is the Birmingham & England U21 goalie. He is rated very highly but hasn't been tested at all. Colin Doyle kept him out of the recent Play-Off Semi-Final ffs. >:(

Just beat me to it BC1, & yours is the better profile anyway
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

AZOffaly

Glad to see Andy Carroll in the squad. The less time he has to beer over the summer the better. Plus it should help his confidence.  Jaysus, seems like a weak squad though. Downing doesn't deserve to be near it, and the forwards seem to be weak.

imtommygunn

It's been a long time since Ireland played England. Would love to see them play again as I think Ireland could take them.

While I don't think they can do much better I think taking Downing given his form all season is a shocking decision.

I think Andy Carroll can actually do well here and I hope John Terry gets taken to the cleaners in every game he plays.

brokencrossbar1

Very surprised to see Downing in the squad but in fairness to him he has played well for Engerland whenever he has played.  Hopefully he will have a storming tournament and raise his value so Liverppol can get money back on him :D  Also glad to see Carroll there.  Keep him off the beaches and beer!

EagleLord

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 16, 2012, 03:43:55 PM
It's been a long time since Ireland played England. Would love to see them play again as I think Ireland could take them.

While I don't think they can do much better I think taking Downing given his form all season is a shocking decision.

I think Andy Carroll can actually do well here and I hope John Terry gets taken to the cleaners in every game he plays.

EagleLord likes this. Carroll deserves to be there. I'd have had Bent before defoe though, Adam Johnson before Downing, and Carrick before Milner. But Im sure Roy knows what he's at.......

I see he said Oxlade-Chamberlain impressed him when Arsenal played Milan..'Against Pirlo and Ambrosini'... Pirlo is at Juve, and Ambrosini was suspended for that game...LOL Go on Roy!  :D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AQMP on May 16, 2012, 01:12:25 PM
England Squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Standby: Butland (who??), Jagielka, Henderson, Johnson, Sturridge

Amazingly four Liverpool players in the squad ;)  That doesn't look like a squad to me that would strike much fear into Spain, Germany etc??

First eleven?

Joe Hart (Manchester City)
Phil Jones (Man United)
John Terry (Chelsea)
Joleon Lescott (Manchester City)
Ashley Cole (Chelsea)
Ashley Young (Man United)
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
Scott Parker (Tottenham)
Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
Wayne Rooney (Man United)