The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

you answered it yourself.  stop eating crop and at the wrong times. eat good food in smaller portions
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Asal Mor

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 22, 2013, 09:00:35 PM
does any body know a decent diet that work over a 3month period, need to lose a stone or more, and forbeey eating too much crap, i eating at the wrong times (in the evenings and never hungry in the morning or lunch time) i can stick to a diet  9as lose weight in the past) but need to find a good one that works, cant really add much exercise into it as the knee fucked! Time to get of the couch!!

What about swimming?

The Iceman

Quote from: laoislad on June 21, 2013, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on June 21, 2013, 04:36:41 PM
Insanity should be done daily or I think6  days a week. Its a crazy workout - My Mrs' brother did it and quit and he trains SWOT team in Florida so he is certainly fit.
He reckons P90X is the dogs.....

What's a SWOT team? A group of kids spending their day studying and entering school quizzes. .?
Aye that's it exactly. For boys like me who need to reread messages and not rely on predictive text
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 22, 2013, 09:00:35 PM
does any body know a decent diet that work over a 3month period, need to lose a stone or more, and forbeey eating too much crap, i eating at the wrong times (in the evenings and never hungry in the morning or lunch time) i can stick to a diet  9as lose weight in the past) but need to find a good one that works, cant really add much exercise into it as the knee fucked! Time to get of the couch!!

This worked for me (2 stone in 5 months):
http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/

BenDover

Got a copy of that Insanity and have to say it's hard, first 3-4 days my hamstrings ached and my calves were tight. Currently on Day 9 and although the workouts are still tough, but I feel myself having more energy throughout the day. The calendar is setup well so that the recovery session came just when I needed it.

Anyone else on here doing it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BenDover on July 05, 2013, 01:44:18 PM
Got a copy of that Insanity and have to say it's hard, first 3-4 days my hamstrings ached and my calves were tight. Currently on Day 9 and although the workouts are still tough, but I feel myself having more energy throughout the day. The calendar is setup well so that the recovery session came just when I needed it.

Anyone else on here doing it?

doing it but within a class set up so not a daily thing. Having a trainer put us through it is a big benefit .
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BenDover

Initially i was copying youtube videos but getting the instructions from Shaun T and being able to observe the rest of his troops doing the exercises is miles better.

It's some sweat up in 40mins and from what I've read month 2 is longer and harder

laoislad

Anyone try the Tabata routines as part of their exercise routines?Suppose to be great for burning body fat.
I'm doing about 100miles/week on the bike now and have just started the couch to 5k running program again.

I've lost about a stone since I started back training but finding it hard to shift the last of the belly.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

STREET FIGHTER

Anybody training hard to get over the effects of Christmas?

What sort of stuff are you at to loose the weight?

Starting slowly myself......cardio and a few (light) weight sessions...

gallsman

Put on a lot at Christmas. Neck to doing four days weights (based around squats, deadlifts, bench and accessory lifts for each), one cardio class a week, generally circuits and one conditioning class, generally suspension training.

I wasn't really out of the gym too much so I haven't found it to difficult to go back. It's eating clean again that is the killer.

Canalman

One tip I would recommend is at the weekend to buy 3/4 bags of apples/ oranges etc  to munch away at late in the evening if you feel hungry. Keeps you away from the biscuits and even worse from reaching for the Chinese delivery menu.

gallsman

Quote from: Canalman on January 21, 2015, 04:07:31 PM
One tip I would recommend is at the weekend to buy 3/4 bags of apples/ oranges etc  to munch away at late in the evening if you feel hungry. Keeps you away from the biscuits and even worse from reaching for the Chinese delivery menu.

Apples and oranges both loaded with sugar. Should be limited as much as anything else. Carrots or celery a better option.

stpauls

have lost 2 stone over the last few months just by watching what i eat and using the Hairy Bikers/Dieters recipes for good healthy but very tasty meals!!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 21, 2015, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 21, 2015, 04:07:31 PM

Apples and oranges both loaded with sugar. Should be limited as much as anything else. Carrots or celery a better option.

Carrots are a very good option....nice too!