All Ireland Hurling Championship 2012 - Who's going to win?

Started by CorkMan, April 04, 2012, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to win the hurling championship this year?

Kilkenny
Tipperary
Galway
Cork

CorkMan

Quote from: Reillers on April 22, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 22, 2012, 09:48:52 PM
The injury to Donal Og is a real blow for us. He is one of the best keepers in Ireland as has been for a long time now.

It was a great win, though. The result of the final depends on how many first choice players Kilkenny get back. Cork would have beat the team Kilkenny had out today. Really optimistic for this year now.

It's not even that he's such a good player, but that captaincy has been coming to him for a long time. It's just heartbreaking for him to have it torn from him no sooner than he's got it.
No doubt though he'll stay with the team for a season, he's a coach in the making and the players will look to him.

I know what you mean, but, no disrespect to Anthony Nash, he's not the same class as Donal Og Cusack.

AZOffaly

Tipp are in big trouble with that forward line. Unless Eoin Kelly can stay fit, and Seamie Callinan can rediscover fitness and form, they are really going to struggle for goals. Lar is a huge loss in that respect. Big O'Meara can be a handful, but they are certainly a less formidable outfit than in the last two years. Noel McGrath is not hurling well, and Bonner Maher will be needed to do a lot of dog work, but that appears to be it. Pa Bourke seems to be a nice hurler, but they are missing a bit of pizzazz.

AZOffaly

orangeman

Onlooker

Quote from: orangeman on April 30, 2012, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2012, 09:39:36 AM
I also hear now that Lar 'is missing the game'.

Back soon then.

In good time too.
Don't hold your breath.  Thurles Sarsfields have played 2 Championship matches, including one yesterday and Lar did not play in either of them and he has not trained with his club yet.

CorkMan

No but they are the five genuine conntenders imo. Do you want me to add another team?

Baling Twine

Quote from: CorkMan on May 04, 2012, 07:20:18 PM
No but they are the five genuine conntenders imo. Do you want me to add another team?
Clare and Waterford surely?
Waterford beat Galway last year after Galway demolishing Cork.

CorkMan

Quote from: Baling Twine on May 05, 2012, 08:15:36 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on May 04, 2012, 07:20:18 PM
Clare and Waterford surely?
Waterford beat Galway last year after Galway demolishing Cork.

I'll add them. Waterford are a team I possibly should have had up there from the start. Clare not contender imo but if I'm putting them up I'll put Limerick up too.

Ash Smoker

We should probably bet the bank bailout money on Kilkenny this year before we hand it over to the bond holders.

Milltown Row2

Anybody know when the first round qualifier games are being played? Namely Antrim and whoever they get? Is it Limerick and losers of Offaly v Wexford?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

Kilkenny v Cork All ireland final - winners = Kilkenny

johnneycool

Qualifier draws??

Westmeath beat Antrim yet are in the preliminary round whereas Antrim are now a step ahead of them, ditto Laois and Carlow.

HTF does that make any sense?

All-Ireland SHC Qualifier draw throws up novel ties
03 June 2012
The draw for the preliminary and first round of the All-Ireland SHC qualifiers took place this evening.

Included are the six teams that failed to make the semi-finals of the Leinster or Munster championships.

Limerick will play Laois with the winners facing Antrim. Westmeath have been drawn against Wexford with Carlow awaiting the winners of that tie.

The preliminary ties are scheduled for three weeks time with the Phase 1 games seven days after that.

The two teams that win the Phase 1 qualifiers will meet the two counties that come through Phase 2 qualifiers (contested by the four beaten provincial semi-finalists) in the Phase 3 qualifiers, with two places in the All-Ireland quarter-finals up for grabs.

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers Preliminary round
Wexford v Westmeath
Limerick v Laois

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers Phase 1
Wexford or Westmeath v Carlow
Limerick or Laois v Antrim

Milltown Row2

Under 21 match tonight, Cork v Tipp live on tg4, wife won't be happy but who ghives a fook!!

Any thoughts on this game? Tipp have had decent under 21's for a while but they have all moved on to senior and Cork will always have decent under 21's, will this be a tight game? Cork favourites at 4/6
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea