All Ireland Hurling Championship 2012 - Who's going to win?

Started by CorkMan, April 04, 2012, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to win the hurling championship this year?

Kilkenny
Tipperary
Galway
Cork

heffo

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2012, 05:09:17 PM
They're a good bit better now though so I'd expect a tighter game.

Like I say I think you are getting to be there or thereabouts in that tier but a few more championship wins would cement you there.

Agree with you on both.

CorkMan

Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2012, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 05, 2012, 12:07:44 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 05, 2012, 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 04, 2012, 07:54:45 PM
I think we're up there but we're not quite at Kilkennys standard yet. They always seem to lift their performances for the AI.

Even JBM can't work his magic that quick.

It'll be another year or two before Cork will be serious contenders IMO.

Would still have a fully fit, injury free Dublin above them, but its still between Tipp and Kilkenny for me.

Cork would be in the chasing pack of Galway and Waterford, capable of a one off win in the early rounds but when it gets to q/final and semi/final stages are one or two players short.

We're better than Dublin, though.

I wouldn't agree with that - with our full pick I'd have no fear playing Cork.

It's KK, Tipp a chasing pack of Waterford, Galway, Cork & Dublin followed by Limerick & Clare for me..

I don't think ye should have any fear playing Cork because it would be a tight game. Man for man ye're a better team, but Cork play a better style of hurling. That's why, for me, we're better than Dublin. That, and the fact I'm biased towards Cork, just like your biased towards Dublin.

Also, I'm shocked nobody's picked Tipp to win.

johnneycool

Quote from: CorkMan on April 05, 2012, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2012, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 05, 2012, 12:07:44 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 05, 2012, 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 04, 2012, 07:54:45 PM
I think we're up there but we're not quite at Kilkennys standard yet. They always seem to lift their performances for the AI.

Even JBM can't work his magic that quick.

It'll be another year or two before Cork will be serious contenders IMO.

Would still have a fully fit, injury free Dublin above them, but its still between Tipp and Kilkenny for me.

Cork would be in the chasing pack of Galway and Waterford, capable of a one off win in the early rounds but when it gets to q/final and semi/final stages are one or two players short.

We're better than Dublin, though.

I wouldn't agree with that - with our full pick I'd have no fear playing Cork.

It's KK, Tipp a chasing pack of Waterford, Galway, Cork & Dublin followed by Limerick & Clare for me..

I don't think ye should have any fear playing Cork because it would be a tight game. Man for man ye're a better team, but Cork play a better style of hurling. That's why, for me, we're better than Dublin. That, and the fact I'm biased towards Cork, just like your biased towards Dublin.

Also, I'm shocked nobody's picked Tipp to win.

The jury is still out on Declan Carr at the minute. Can he get the best 15 on the field, can bonnar maher stay fit for long enough as they miss his industry to open up defences.

CorkMan

Do you mean Declan Ryan? Yea they miss Bonnar Maher but they'll miss Lar Corbett even more to finish off the chances Maher creates.

johnneycool

CorkMan

Would have thought Tipp would be someones favourite.

heffo

Quote from: CorkMan on April 06, 2012, 03:11:13 PM

Can't see them beating KK unless Corbett comes back very soon and even then I'd still have KK as favourites.

CorkMan

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2012, 08:20:15 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on April 06, 2012, 03:11:13 PM

Can't see them beating KK unless Corbett comes back very soon and even then I'd still have KK as favourites.

I know, but Cork, Galway and Dublin all got at least one vote. Just thought Tipp had more chance than them.

patd

What about Da Deise, should have as good a chance as Dublin or Galway, which is not great but there is always next year.  If you want a good website to really try out your knowledge check out www.gaafantasyleague.com

orangeman

Big setback for Dublin today in the relegation playoff.

Galway gave them an awful pasting in the second half.

Can Dublin recover ?

Can Galway kick on ?

CorkMan

Quote from: orangeman on April 21, 2012, 05:38:06 PM
Big setback for Dublin today in the relegation playoff.

Galway gave them an awful pasting in the second half.

Can Dublin recover ?

Can Galway kick on ?

Yes to the first question. No to the second.

Dublin are better than what we saw today. I'd say it was just a bad day at the office. They'll be better the next day out.

When Galway play like they played today, they're one of the best teams in the country. Unfortunately, they only perform like that, like, once out of every five games. So I don't think we'll be seeing another performance like that for a while.

Reillers

Good day for Cork. Absolutely gutted for Donal Og, looks awful, sounded awful and I don't know if he came across how much pain he was in on the tv but he was in agony. This really was his season, the fact that he was given the captaincy as well when it was so many years coming. Just gutted.
Hopefully it's not as bad as it seemed. But I wouldn't hold my breath, the initial repor was a ruptured achilies, and honestly..any sort of rip Still can't believe he managed to take those few steps and clear the ball, says it all about him really.

Some excellent displays, especially in the second half. There's a good positive vibe back in Cork and it's great to see and it's been long missing.
Cronin, Cadogan, Egan, McDonnell, O Sullivan were all stand outs. A good win and when you consider we had no Naughton or BarryMurphy and with Sweetman and Lehane on the bench. A good day. But really overshadowed by Donal Og's injury. His season is probably gone now. Thank God we have Nash as a replacement.

Great win, but ruined by a horrific injury.

orangeman

Cork are flying it.

Bad blow for Donal Óg. Looks like the Achilles is gone. He had been playing really well to as usual.

Feel good factor is definitely back with the return of JBM.

League final will be good game hopefully.

Clare looked poor and KK didn't look like they were in top gear at all.

CorkMan

The injury to Donal Og is a real blow for us. He is one of the best keepers in Ireland as has been for a long time now.

It was a great win, though. The result of the final depends on how many first choice players Kilkenny get back. Cork would have beat the team Kilkenny had out today. Really optimistic for this year now.

Reillers

Quote from: CorkMan on April 22, 2012, 09:48:52 PM
The injury to Donal Og is a real blow for us. He is one of the best keepers in Ireland as has been for a long time now.

It was a great win, though. The result of the final depends on how many first choice players Kilkenny get back. Cork would have beat the team Kilkenny had out today. Really optimistic for this year now.

It's not even that he's such a good player, but that captaincy has been coming to him for a long time. It's just heartbreaking for him to have it torn from him no sooner than he's got it.
No doubt though he'll stay with the team for a season, he's a coach in the making and the players will look to him.