Meath Mightily Migrate from Mediocrity, Maybe.

Started by thejuice, April 03, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2012, 10:26:09 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
We'll be dragged to Kiltoom for that one I suppose.

Ballinlough  ;)

Jinxy can sit in the tree so he can see the match over all the tall Ros buckos.

I love the way, they built the stand around the tree, it gives the stand a unique character.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2012, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2012, 10:26:09 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
We'll be dragged to Kiltoom for that one I suppose.

Ballinlough  ;)

Jinxy can sit in the tree so he can see the match over all the tall Ros buckos.

I love the way, they built the stand around the tree, it gives the stand a unique character.

Absoluely. I remember the day they opened the new stand in 2000 when we played Donegal in a challenge, us trotting out in Galway jerseys (how they got 15 of them is still beyond me) and Big Jim storming off after Donegal had lost as if he'd just played an All-Ireland final. Poor laddie.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2012, 04:43:55 PM
If they won't play for Seán, let them f**k off altogether.

I m confused by this Jinxy.

I thought intercounty players played for their county, the jersey etc. Yeah the manager/ coach/ whatever is impotant - especially if he s a bollicks. But he selects these players and the next fella might not even want some of them so..... why would players not try?

But you seem to suggest that players Mr. McEn. selected to play for their county did not play for him. It doesn t add up to be honest. Alright I could never understand why he was dragged in but what did anybody expect when he was? And why would players he preferred not try?

Who are the 'theys' that might not play for Seán? Why would they try harder for Seán than the so-called Banty. Is he scarier?

Did likes of McEntee, O Rourke, Cassells, Lyons etc achieve so much because they were playing for Seán  or afraid of Sean! or because they had ambition to achieve for themselves (which is always the most important motive) for the county jersey and he gave them a structure they could work around.
If Seán takes it on good look to him. I wish him well. When he got the job early 80s Meath were in a very similar situation to where they are now. The only thing is he is much older and even a lot of his own team would now be considered old to get involved in management. Is O Rourke goin to do a Liam Sammon and wait until he retires his job to coach his county? Apart from Coyle and Hayes below in Carlow ( was Terry Ferguson involved somewhere?) few of those old veterans have been seen to do a bit after. Now I m sure that s unfair and they have been doing stuff but from an outsiders point of view .......... Why go for Banty when you ve had natives with a recent tradition of winning stuff - often against the odds?

rrhf

Quote from: Hardy on April 13, 2012, 10:23:38 AM
I'm as happy as a happy thing on its birthday.
I'm happy for you.  It would be great to see Boylan back!

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on April 14, 2012, 12:16:53 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2012, 04:43:55 PM
If they won't play for Seán, let them f**k off altogether.

I m confused by this Jinxy.

I thought intercounty players played for their county, the jersey etc. Yeah the manager/ coach/ whatever is impotant - especially if he s a bollicks. But he selects these players and the next fella might not even want some of them so..... why would players not try?

But you seem to suggest that players Mr. McEn. selected to play for their county did not play for him. It doesn t add up to be honest. Alright I could never understand why he was dragged in but what did anybody expect when he was? And why would players he preferred not try?

Who are the 'theys' that might not play for Seán? Why would they try harder for Seán than the so-called Banty. Is he scarier?

Did likes of McEntee, O Rourke, Cassells, Lyons etc achieve so much because they were playing for Seán  or afraid of Sean! or because they had ambition to achieve for themselves (which is always the most important motive) for the county jersey and he gave them a structure they could work around.
If Seán takes it on good look to him. I wish him well. When he got the job early 80s Meath were in a very similar situation to where they are now. The only thing is he is much older and even a lot of his own team would now be considered old to get involved in management. Is O Rourke goin to do a Liam Sammon and wait until he retires his job to coach his county? Apart from Coyle and Hayes below in Carlow ( was Terry Ferguson involved somewhere?) few of those old veterans have been seen to do a bit after. Now I m sure that s unfair and they have been doing stuff but from an outsiders point of view .......... Why go for Banty when you ve had natives with a recent tradition of winning stuff - often against the odds?

When I say 'play' I'm talking about getting out there on the field and lowering the blade.
Putting your body between the other fella and the ball.
If you lose you lose, the shame is in not putting the effort in to try and win.
Seán isn't taking this job to big himself up, he doesn't need the hassle at this stage of his life.
He's doing it for his county.
The players better react accordingly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

What he's doing is pretty dirty, honestly. He's coming out in public saying he'll do it while there's another guy in the job. It stinks of personal dislike of Banty and ego as much as it does of 'rowing in'. It certainly doesn't look good.

Boylan won't be getting many Christmas cards from other managers.

DuffleKing

Where has boylan come out and said anything?

Can u post up the quotes there?

armaghniac

The Green Tea mimics have addressed the issue just now on RTE. "Boylan is too oul...."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

demusicman

Quote from: Louth Exile on April 13, 2012, 03:13:28 PM
Apologies if it has already been posted up on another thread!

http://youtu.be/rgvui7yPphE
"Barneys style is Simple"
Anybody remember Robert Emmet?

Hardy

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2012, 01:19:00 PM
What he's doing is pretty dirty, honestly. He's coming out in public saying he'll do it while there's another guy in the job. It stinks of personal dislike of Banty and ego as much as it does of 'rowing in'. It certainly doesn't look good.

Clown! You've already established something of a track record of idiotic posts but now you're turning nasty. Making up stuff about what people "said in public" when it never happened and then pronouncing it "dirty" is stuff that would get you a slap in the mouth in the real world.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on April 14, 2012, 01:54:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2012, 01:19:00 PM

Clown! You've already established something of a track record of idiotic posts but now you're turning nasty. Making up stuff about what people "said in public" when it never happened and then pronouncing it "dirty" is stuff that would get you a slap in the mouth in the real world.

Ah Jayus, now you're just faltering me! I'll pray to my Sean Boylan-themed Child of Prague tonight as penance for my indiscretions.

Hardy

Syferus

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2012, 02:16:58 PM
Burst him Hardy!

Sure yous meath boys are too soft for that kind of caper these days
*hides behind McHugh*
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w