Meath Mightily Migrate from Mediocrity, Maybe.

Started by thejuice, April 03, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hardy on April 12, 2012, 05:23:59 PM
Thanks BM. I'm at a bit of a loss, okay as to where we should look for an outlet for our talents. We look up the road and realise there's never a guarantee you'll be heard of again for 60 years or more. I think we'll just have to concentrate on areas where we're at least sure not to come last, so next year we're entering in the "at least we're not Cavan" round-robin handicap series.

I was considering taking an interest in competitive animal husbandry but then somebody showed me the state of the art as exemplified by the Cavan Academy of Agricultural Science and completely disheartened me.

I never get tired of watching that video Hardy .  ;D
Anyway i'll stop hijacking your thread now.
Who do ye lads reckon the possible permanent replacement will be ?
I'm guessing ye won't be looking outside the county again for a while!

Hardy

I have no idea. We have to get the garlic and the wooden stake out and deal with Banty first.

I'd like to see Seán back. I know of no other potential candidate with four All-Ireland's on his CV. Failing that, Coyle. I liked the way we were going under him and his resignation was an understandable but extreme reaction to a one-off debacle. Harnan, O'Rourke, McEntee - someone who knows first-hand the requirements for success at the top level and would command the respect of the players - with a steel toecap, if necessary.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hardy on April 12, 2012, 05:36:24 PM
I have no idea. We have to get the garlic and the wooden stake out and deal with Banty first.

I'd like to see Seán back. I know of no other potential candidate with four All-Ireland's on his CV. Failing that, Coyle. I liked the way we were going under him and his resignation was an understandable but extreme reaction to a one-off debacle. Harnan, O'Rourke, McEntee - someone who knows first-hand the requirements for success at the top level and would command the respect of the players - with a steel toecap, if necessary.

It will be interesting to see if O Rourke would  take the job "this time" if he were to be offered it.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thejuice on April 12, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
If we ever get as bad as Cavan we might consider it.

Next year's Division 3 sounds intriguing, even at this early stage!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Jaysus BHM, a few well chosen words and you have Hardy trawling through the net looking for ammo.  :D

Hardy

No trawling needed Myles. That's Cavan's complete internet repertoire.

Captain Obvious

Colm O'Rourke said Dublin winning the All Ireland would be good for football he didn't know it would make Meath even worse.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

http://hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=166409

QuoteMeath county board has called a board meeting where club delegates will be asked to remove Séamus McEnaney as manager and replace him with Sean Boylan.

The four time All-Ireland winning manager will in effect return as a White Knight in order to assist the fortunes ot the Royals.

McEnaney had been given the opportunity to resign on his own terms but chose to fight on and hoped that the backing of his players might save him. However, the move by the county board to confirm that Boylan will return ends any hopes that McEnaney might privately have held.

In a statement this morning the county board confirmed the news which was well known throughout the county: "It has been decided by Coiste Bainistí to recommend to the next meeting of Coiste na Mí C.L.G. (Wednesday 18th April) that Seamus McEnaney's term as Meath Senior Football Team Manager be terminated.

"Coiste Bainistí is also recommending that Sean Boylan be appointed as Meath Senior Football Team Manager."

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DuffleKing

Seamus McEnaney has refused a request from the county board executive to "step aside" as Meath manager with immediate effect.

The executive are now expected to press ahead with a full county board meeting on Wednesday night, at which a motion of 'no confidence' in McEnaney will be tabled.

It follows a series of poor results in Division 2 throughout March, culminating in last weekend's embarrassing nine-point defeat to Louth that sent Meath plummeting into Division 3.

Meath boss Seamus McEnaney

A snap executive meeting was called on Tuesday night to discuss the management issue, and it was decided to offer McEnaney the opportunity to resign.

County board chairman Barney Allen met McEnaney yesterday, when he conveyed the consensus of the previous night's meeting, but it is understood that McEnaney stood defiant and did not accede to the request.

That refusal was effectively an invitation to sack him instead, and the executive met again last night to put the process in place to remove him.

McEnaney is understood to have repeated his position yesterday that he has never walked away from a fight in his life and wasn't going to do so now.

McEnaney may also believe that he has strong dressing-room support, but what that amounts to in the coming days remains to be seen.

Some Meath players met with county board officers in advance of Wednesday night's meeting, when they made it known that they were very supportive of McEnaney continuing and accepted their responsibility for recent performances. A player revolt over his potential removal seems unlikely at this stage.

Intriguingly, Meath appear to have lined up Sean Boylan as a dramatic replacement and the indications are that the four-time All-Ireland winning manager is ready to come back on a temporary basis.

Talks have taken place between Boylan and Meath officers in recent days over his departure from the director of football role that he agreed to take on the same night McEnaney got the green light for a second year in charge.

At that meeting, the proposition of managing Meath again is understood to have been raised if a vacancy does arise in the coming days.

The prospect of Boylan stepping into the role if and when there is a vacancy appears to be strong.

Boylan's return could help calm the stormy waters that have developed in recent weeks.

Independent

magpie seanie

Hardy

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hope Boylan steps in here for the Meath buckos........................ great impetus for the lads heading into the championship, and on their day they can beat anyone..................live contender for leinster if this comes to fruition..............................ah the joys of a bearded kevin reilly knocking seanie johnston over the sideline with an axe of a shoulder and into mcgeeney  ;)