Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I watched this game as a neutral and had been hoping for a kilcoo win.

It didn't takelong for me to change my mind. Play acting, constant jibing at cross players, sly digs when a cross player released the ball and the list could go on.

Clarke didn't strike the guy on the sideline. A yellow was correct. What he was doing the second time, though the play acting was again shocking, merited another booking. Mcnamee deserved to walk though a bit theatrical again.

Cross discipline will need to improve but  clarke got 2 yellows so should avoid suspension.The less said about kilcoo the better.

Bar the mcnamee red good enough result for cross as they'll know job done but they can improve.

charlieTully

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 10:16:32 PM
Didn't like the play-acting of the Kilcoo players today. Jamie Clarke gave a lad a slap on the snout and yer man went down like Tulisa. Cunningham received a bang on the back of the head by the Kilcoo number 14 and played on like nothing happened.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15478.40;wap2

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

charlieTully

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 10:33:23 PM
And what has that to do with today's game?

a culture that started with your goodselves.

trileacman

Quote from: hardstation on December 02, 2012, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2012, 10:04:37 PM

Eh, who said other firms of abuse were no worse than racism you two dingbats (term of endearment)
Trileacman did.

I didn't, I said that some of the abuse can be as bad as racism, unless you count religious intolerance and poking fun at recent family deaths acceptable.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 10:35:59 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 02, 2012, 10:35:06 PM

OK.

dont know if the issue is 'who invented diving' - hardly a pursuit that Tyrone monopolise .....id say the racism today is more of a concern?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

charlieTully

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on December 02, 2012, 10:41:22 PM

OK.

dont know if the issue is 'who invented diving' - hardly a pursuit that Tyrone monopolise .....id say the racism today is more of a concern?

he didnt mention racism in his post, just thought it was a bit rich a tyrone man complaining about diving etc.

Armaghgeddon

Aaron Cunningham's dad was subjected to racial abuse when he played for Armagh was he not?

ONeill

Quote from: charlieTully on December 02, 2012, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on December 02, 2012, 10:41:22 PM

OK.

he didnt mention racism in his post, just thought it was a bit rich a tyrone man complaining about diving etc.

Eh? Do I play-act?

stibhan

To say that 'off the ball' shite is something that started with Tyrone is absolutely insane regurgitated Free State media shite, and people posting in an Ulster thread should know better than that. The same goes with individual abuse of players because if you haven't witnessed unacceptable abuse at a game from a player or spectator then you're either hard of hearing or hard of remembering.

It's funny how people can laugh at and even mythologise incidents like Páidí Ó Sé striking Dinny Allen and getting a yellow card back in the day, but a general amnesia seems to take place when they see a modern equivalent. That's not to mention the countless things that were either not replayed by the media in those times (less cameras), or even happened before much of the Championship was televised. Blaming one country, or even worse, one player, is plain sour grapes.

charlieTully

Quote from: stibhan on December 02, 2012, 10:58:18 PM
To say that 'off the ball' shite is something that started with Tyrone is absolutely insane regurgitated Free State media shite, and people posting in an Ulster thread should know better than that. The same goes with individual abuse of players because if you haven't witnessed unacceptable abuse at a game from a player or spectator then you're either hard of hearing or hard of remembering.

It's funny how people can laugh at and even mythologise incidents like Páidí Ó Sé striking Dinny Allen and getting a yellow card back in the day, but a general amnesia seems to take place when they see a modern equivalent. That's not to mention the countless things that were either not replayed by the media in those times (less cameras), or even happened before much of the Championship was televised. Blaming one country, or even worse, one player, is plain sour grapes.

bollocks, the end result of the ricey and crew era is the shit that happended today.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: charlieTully on December 02, 2012, 11:03:27 PM
Quote from: stibhan on December 02, 2012, 10:58:18 PM

bollocks, the end result of the ricey and crew era is the shit that happended today.

Charlie as much as I dislike the Tyrone men I think your off your rocker if you think they were responsible for the incidents today. Remember the legendary wee James was fond of hitting the deck when a hand went near him!