Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: theticklemister on December 02, 2012, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on December 02, 2012, 06:06:13 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on December 02, 2012, 05:05:11 PM
Big turning point in game.....................

Kilcoo get a goal through Devlin, to make it 3/4 in it. Crossmaglen's Paul Kernan , the FB one, goes down with a 'bad' arm even though in the reply nothing happened him. He goes down for 3 minutes and totally kills the roll Kilcoo were on. Very clever.

Even more clever to be substituted straight after?

......................... aye, just to make sure  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  I missed him going off and I retract my statement. Seemed nothing in the tackle though.

Quote from: Jinxy on December 02, 2012, 06:13:45 PM
Kilcoo players have officially been accused of racially abusing Cunningham.

With the week that is in it (O'Neill's speech) I hope they come down like a ton of bricks on these players if they did what they did.
Quite clear on the tv replay his shoulder seemed to give when he made the tackle.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2012, 07:50:34 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 02, 2012, 07:36:36 PM
You can't just cry foul when the abuse spills over into racism, alot of the non-racist abuse can be as equally twisted, enraging and demeaning to the player on the end of it.
I presume fat or ginger or bald players have taken some amount of abuse over the years.

How about a straight red and a 6 month suspension for any type of personal abuse of players??

If the Kilcoo players used the word that I am thinking then you need to look up the relevance of the word instead of making such ignorant comments.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jinxy on December 02, 2012, 06:45:49 PM
I didn't even know young Cunningham was mixed-race until now.
You'd wonder what sort of an ignorant pig would be at this craic, in this day and age.
Make an example of them.
Aaron's dad Joey was one of the best and a gentleman to boot. Shame on Kilcoo if the racist abuse is true.

Applesisapples

You can't just cry foul when the abuse spills over into racism, alot of the non-racist abuse can be as equally twisted, enraging and demeaning to the player on the end of it.
I presume fat or ginger or bald players have taken some amount of abuse over the years.

How about a straight red and a 6 month suspension for any type of personal abuse of players??
Now now the fat ginger baldy on the Kilcoo team was lucky to stay on the pitch.

theticklemister

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2012, 08:01:12 PM

Now now the fat ginger baldy on the Kilcoo team was lucky to stay on the pitch.

You have hidden talents my friend. Great word play.

Armaghtothebone

Nothing but credit to Tony Mac and the management team to take the lad off. He was playing well, and I did wonder at the substitution.
Was he taken off shortly after mcQuillan had the long chat with both umpires and the linesman but appeared to just play on. Wonder if that was him being informed of what they heard?

seanaglis

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2012, 05:07:10 PM
Quote from: seanaglis on December 02, 2012, 05:03:06 PM
Kilcoo are the trampiest bunch I have ever seen, if it wasn't for frees today it would have been an anhilation, not 1 footballer in that team. All they can do is , drag and foul. Credit to most of the cross players for keeping their cool, but joe mcquillan let them away with murder.

This must be in the running for the most inaccurate post ever  ::)
How so? Were you at the game or making your well judged comments from watching the game on tv? The level of kilcoo trampiness had to be seen to be believed. Cross had some great hard games against some hard teams over the years like the bellaghy games of the mid 90s and while they weren't for the faint hearted there was no trampiness like I witnessed today. Constant pulling and bitching, and if a cross man lifted his hand to retaliate down they went. Never as glad to see a team beat

DuffleKing

On the 1- 10 scale of personal abuse where does racism sit? Where does fatism, baldyism and gingerism sit?

DuffleKing

Quote from: 36-03-09 on December 02, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2012, 08:47:33 PM

On the 1- 10 scale of personal abuse where does racism sit? Where does fatism, baldyism and gingerism sit?

Well as a fat ginger (albeit one badly needing a haircut), I'd say racism is a lot worse than any of those, since none of my ancestors were historically persecuted for being fat and ginger.

Quite an oversight on the part of historical persecutors

Orior

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2012, 09:31:04 PM
Quote from: 36-03-09 on December 02, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2012, 08:47:33 PM

Well as a fat ginger (albeit one badly needing a haircut), I'd say racism is a lot worse than any of those, since none of my ancestors were historically persecuted for being fat and ginger.

Quite an oversight on the part of historical persecutors

I agree with Duffleking. Whether it is the colour of hair, colour of skin or weight, all personal abuse is wrong.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

here comes 6

As a Down man i am sitting here tonight as embarassed as ive ever been.  What happened today to Aaron Cunningham was a disgrace and if Kilcoo are the club they say they are they will have already dealt with the two players involved

NaomhBridAbĂș

The Ulster council have come out with a big statement tonight about their position on racism. I hope that this is refletced in the penalty given to the two Kilcoo players involved - and from what i heard in the stands today and afterwards on the pitch, a penalty should be considered for the club itself.

The FA made complete tools out of themselves and their code with the way they handled suarez, ferdinand/terry.

There is no place for this sort of shite in our code, and the ulster council need to show that they have balls to deal with this sort of behaviour so is to root it out and completely discourage it.

And as far as comparing racist with fat/bald/ginger...f**k sake

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

DuffleKing

Eh, who said other firms of abuse were no worse than racism you two dingbats (term of endearment)

DuffleKing

ONeill

Didn't like the play-acting of the Kilcoo players today. Jamie Clarke gave a lad a slap on the snout and yer man went down like Tulisa. Cunningham received a bang on the back of the head by the Kilcoo number 14 and played on like nothing happened.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.