Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

real food, real people

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 22, 2012, 12:52:04 PM
Im sure the Errigal committee, fans and players are happy with that, getting to an ulster quarter final and their manager backing out because of meeting his home club.
f**k that, how much does he get paid?

why did he take the job on? he musnt have had big expectations for Errigal! there is always a good chance they will win Tyrone and Balinderry are a regular to winning derry titles so there is a always that chance that they might meet.

if it were me, i would road him! 

dont think this is a wind up, it is on the BBC
sure no-one gets paid in the GAA......

real food, real people

Did Paul McIver not manage Dromore against Ballinderry last year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
I have to say I feel a certain level of sympathy for him but it wouldn't have been hard to foresee this happening and maybe it was a point that was brought up at the time of the appointment and agreed upon. I know I would find it hard managing against Cross in championship. Still I am sure it was discussed with the committee before being announced.   Imagine the quandry John Mac could have been in if Culloville had drawn Cross this year?

I would say he'd be trying his level best to beat them, otherwise why even take on a team in the same county? It my be a head melt at the time but if you are focused enough on your job then it will be fine. Again never had to do it but would have no problem in plotting my clubs downfall should it ever happen. Be some craic in the club after that game!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sheamy

Quote from: real food, real people on October 22, 2012, 02:15:26 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on October 22, 2012, 12:52:04 PM
Im sure the Errigal committee, fans and players are happy with that, getting to an ulster quarter final and their manager backing out because of meeting his home club.
f**k that, how much does he get paid?

why did he take the job on? he musnt have had big expectations for Errigal! there is always a good chance they will win Tyrone and Balinderry are a regular to winning derry titles so there is a always that chance that they might meet.

if it were me, i would road him! 

dont think this is a wind up, it is on the BBC
sure no-one gets paid in the GAA......

Ah, the issue that dare not speak its name. The GAA is a complete circus at times. All club volunteers should quit for a month across the country to we see the craic.

HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD

From speaking to Ronan, prior to him getting the job at the start of the season he informed Errigal that he would only take it on the condition that if they met Ballinderry he would opt out of that game. I understand from him the Errigal committee agreed to that then and now he has taken up this option. Errigal must not have thought Ronan would have taken them this far if they agreed to this!

Ronan is a die hard Ballinderry man and I understand he would have great difficulty to step into an opposition bench against Kevin, Mickey C, Deets, Enda etc all friends he grew up playing football with. It was different with Paul McIver as he did not play with alot of these players and not the same connection as Ronan.

EC Unique

Quote from: HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD on October 22, 2012, 02:46:06 PM
From speaking to Ronan, prior to him getting the job at the start of the season he informed Errigal that he would only take it on the condition that if they met Ballinderry he would opt out of that game. I understand from him the Errigal committee agreed to that then and now he has taken up this option. Errigal must not have thought Ronan would have taken them this far if they agreed to this!

Ronan is a die hard Ballinderry man and I understand he would have great difficulty to step into an opposition bench against Kevin, Mickey C, Deets, Enda etc all friends he grew up playing football with. It was different with Paul McIver as he did not play with alot of these players and not the same connection as Ronan.

I have heard today that this is the case and it was agreed. I would imagne our chairman thought f**k it we will cross that bridge if and when the time comes. Not easy for either side this one. One side of me has respect for him to be so attached to his club but the other side says he should be professional and get on with the job.

HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD

Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2012, 02:52:46 PM

I have heard today that this is the case and it was agreed. I would imagne our chairman thought f**k it we will cross that bridge if and when the time comes. Not easy for either side this one. One side of me has respect for him to be so attached to his club but the other side says he should be professional and get on with the job.

It is a very difficult situation for both sides and I don't think any of the Ballinderry players and management would have any issues with Ronan doing his job. I know Joe Canavan helped the last time but he wasn't the manager. I think you need to know Ronan and his family to understand the passion they have for Ballinderry.

NAG1

So passionate that he is away taking another club outside of his own parish (for whatever reason or reasons) when I am sure there are plenty of teams inside his club that could be doing with his level of expert coaching!

Onion Bag

Quote from: NAG1 on October 22, 2012, 03:04:41 PM
So passionate that he is away taking another club outside of his own parish (for whatever reason or reasons) when I am sure there are plenty of teams inside his club that could be doing with his level of expert coaching!

Theres no money to be got in your own club!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

NAG1

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 22, 2012, 03:11:28 PM

::)

LeoMc

Quote from: HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD on October 22, 2012, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2012, 02:52:46 PM

It is a very difficult situation for both sides and I don't think any of the Ballinderry players and management would have any issues with Ronan doing his job. I know Joe Canavan helped the last time but he wasn't the manager. I think you need to know Ronan and his family to understand the passion they have for Ballinderry.

I can imagine that, back in January or whenever, the Errigal Committee would have been thinking that it would be a nice problem to have.

LeoMc

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 22, 2012, 03:11:28 PM

I have heard that he is seen as the next Ballinderry Manager so he may well be cutting his teeth elsewhere.

Hereiam

If the Errigal committe agreed to this it shows the faith they have in the group of players. What is wrong with the man, if Errigal win will a mob be out to get him. If Errigal loose he should go its as simple as that.

HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD

He does. He is involved in underage coaching. At present we have an excellent manager in Martin McKinless and we only need one. Martin is over the senior panel and so Ronan had to look elsewhere. I would assume in the future Ronan will a future manager for us. So to answer your question yes Ronan does coaching in our club.

Onion Bag

HBCF, you are never going to win this argument, If i were an Errigal comittee member, player, fan, i would  be in favour of showing him the door. Get the team together and get down to the hard work. i'll tell you what, there would be no problems with motivating that team to go out and play Balinderry
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!