Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2012, 12:37:41 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on October 22, 2012, 11:55:44 AM
Errigal Ciaran manager Ronan McGuckin is unlikely to be involved in the Ulster Club quarter-final against his home club Ballinderry on 4 November.
McGuckin has requested a leave of absence from the role for the game because of his conflict of interest.
Errigal Ciaran set up the game with Ballinderry by hammering Mullahoran 4-15 to 1-7 at Breffni Park on Sunday.
After Sunday's match, McGuckin told the Errigal Ciaran players that he would request two weeks off from the job.
McGuckin's assistant manager Tommy McDermott looks likely to take charge of the Tyrone champions for the clash with Ballinderry.

Heard about this late lastnight. Seems it is true. Disappointing to say the least.

Mental!! Well he be wearing a Ballinderry top and sitting with all the Derry ones during the game? Would hate to manage against my own team but in preparing to take on a team like Errigal Ciaran you would hope that you'd be at the business end of things, meaning being in the Ulster club, thus the possibility of playing against you own club. Hope this is a wind up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Onion Bag

Im sure the Errigal committee, fans and players are happy with that, getting to an ulster quarter final and their manager backing out because of meeting his home club.
f**k that, how much does he get paid?

why did he take the job on? he musnt have had big expectations for Errigal! there is always a good chance they will win Tyrone and Balinderry are a regular to winning derry titles so there is a always that chance that they might meet.

if it were me, i would road him! 

dont think this is a wind up, it is on the BBC
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

rodney trotter

Bit of drama at half time in the Errigal - Mullahoran game...

Onion Bag

Would he have a few pound on Balinderry to win Ulster? 

LeoMc

I think McGuckin is showing that there is more to the game than money, that, in his case at least, it is all about your club.

Was there not an Errigal man over Shamrocks the last time they played and did he feel any conflict of interest at the time?

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on October 22, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
I think McGuckin is showing that there is more to the game than money, that, in his case at least, it is all about your club.

Was there not an Errigal man over Shamrocks the last time they played and did he feel any conflict of interest at the time?

He is still with them and knowing the professional man that he is I expect him to be on the line on Sunday week..

Onion Bag

Dont think anyone is dsputing the fact that there is a certain degree of conflict of interest. but at some stage he sat down with the EC committee and accepted waht was put in fron of him, and now he is backing out. That in my mind is totally unacceptable

skeog

see someone arrested at half time yesterday after assault on mullahoran player about time dont see the anti dromore carmen mob making much comment now and all the virtue spouting about the errigal saints

Onion Bag

Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2012, 01:27:48 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 22, 2012, 01:24:09 PM

He is still with them and knowing the professional man that he is I expect him to be on the line on Sunday week..

I hope this is true

EC Unique

Quote from: skeog on October 22, 2012, 01:28:40 PM
see someone arrested at half time yesterday after assault on mullahoran player about time dont see the anti dromore carmen mob making much comment now and all the virtue spouting about the errigal saints

You need to get the facts right.

Club Rossa

Paul McIver faced a similar situation last year when Dromore played Ballinderry in Ulster.It's a very awkward situation for Ronan to be in.
Not forgetting too that Errigal's Joe Canavan is helping Ballinderry as well.

yellowcard

Thats mental from McGuckin. Won't be the first or last manager to come up against his former club but I've never heard of this before. If he is willing to take a job with another club and the money that goes with it then surely he shouldn't be allowed to walk out on them 2 weeks before one of their biggest games in years.

brokencrossbar1

I have to say I feel a certain level of sympathy for him but it wouldn't have been hard to foresee this happening and maybe it was a point that was brought up at the time of the appointment and agreed upon. I know I would find it hard managing against Cross in championship. Still I am sure it was discussed with the committee before being announced.   Imagine the quandry John Mac could have been in if Culloville had drawn Cross this year?

Bingo

I've seen a few of our ex-players manage a team up to the senior ranks and who didn't continue in the role as they wouldn't manage against us.