Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteBecause they know he will react and hey know what buttons to push.

He should just wear a mic and post the outcome on the web.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 23, 2012, 11:40:20 PM
Its friday night and I've had a few but is it just me or does it not seem weird that after a bad week for Armagh football that ye have a crazy Down man STILL as yer manager. The Down county board must be really enjoying this though it could all Change this weekend. Who was the last outside county manager to win Ulster?

Was it McHugh when over Cavan? Who was manager of Derry in 98?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2012, 12:23:54 AM
Its friday night and I've had a few but is it just me or does it not seem weird that after a bad week for Armagh football that ye have a crazy Down man STILL as yer manager. The Down county board must be really enjoying this though it could all Change this weekend. Who was the last outside county manager to win Ulster?

I'm pretty sure it was Brian Mullins, he was over Derry in 97 definitely and Coleman came back in 99 or 2000 and I don't remember anyone else in charge of Derry in that period

screenexile

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 24, 2012, 12:29:29 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2012, 12:23:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it was Brian Mullins, he was over Derry in 97 definitely and Coleman came back in 99 or 2000 and I don't remember anyone else in charge of Derry in that period

Good call tyrone86 . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/2157388.stm

Gabriel_Hurl

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 24, 2012, 02:10:17 AM
McKeever had his suspension lifted tonight

Mmmmmhhhhh, and some wondered why ACB came out with the embarrassing climb down over the past few days.  Aren't the workings of the GAA great?

bennydorano

Good for us if true, but another terrible precedent set.

Applesisapples

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 23, 2012, 06:06:40 PM

Or a bit of horse trading has gone on to get it swept under the carpet
you got it McKeevers suspension was lifted last night pending an investigation.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2012, 09:18:53 PM
Mc Keever should have kept his gob shut. I am an Northern nationalist but hi for Gods Sake do your talking on the pitch and shut these eejits up that way, it is a wee bit embarrassing for Mc Keever, sort of like running to the teacher to tell him/her that someone was being bad in class. Next ball win it, second ball win it again,third ball win and clean him out, job done! A Laois man taking the piss out of anyone is a laugh in itself.
McKeever has stayed silent throughout this..it was the ACB who went to press.

brokencrossbar1

My understanding is that the reason McKeevers suspension was lifted was because it wasn't a red card offence and was simply a yellow card offence.  He tripped your man as they were walking down the tunnel but didn't strike him.  Also read that the offence was reported by the 4th official who does not have the authority so he actually got off on a technicality as well. Open to correction.

splintered arse

Close to the bone there bcb1. It was the 4th official as both linesmen and ref were still on the pitch with grimley at the time and he technically cannot report anything. But even he didn't see what happened, it was only when a laois person made an issue of the bit of pushing that the whole thing snowballed.
As for the claims about the abuse why would McNulty call Mckeever to apologise if nothing happened.

Dont Matter

McKeever ran across the pitch at half time to get at Sheehan, he deserved to be sent off. Getting off on a technicality doesn't change that.
The 4th official saw McKeever running, he was keeping a close eye on it, he didn't need anyone to make an issue out of it.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 24, 2012, 11:16:28 AM
McKeever ran across the pitch at half time to get at Sheehan, he deserved to be sent off. Getting off on a technicality doesn't change that.
The 4th official saw McKeever running, he was keeping a close eye on it, he didn't need anyone to make an issue out of it.

Well he is playing tonight against Down

Throw ball

No harm to you don't matter it is easy to make these accusations as you said in earlier posts but you have no evidence. I was at the match and on the way off the pitch there was no sign of anyone chasing after anyone else. It sounds more and more like nothing major happened either way and the whole thing exploded up because officials made a balls up.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 24, 2012, 12:56:14 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 24, 2012, 11:16:28 AM

Well he is playing tonight against Down

Yes, lets hope he behaves himself.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn