Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 06:25:37 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 23, 2012, 06:06:40 PM

Or a bit of horse trading has gone on to get it swept under the carpet

Why did they go public with it straight away? Were they really worried with what was said on the pitch? Far worse things have been said in the past if indeed what was claimed happened.
Or was the real reason that a key player and their coach were facing lenghty bans for their inapropriate behavior and they invented this story?
A player with a track record of indiscretions couldn't explain why he was so stupid to go after a player down the tunnel infront of a linesman so he made up the sectarian abuse?
They couldn't stand over their claims so it's only right that everyone takes them as false.
Would you be as kind as to list this track record for those of us not in the loop.

Dont Matter

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 23, 2012, 06:36:20 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 06:25:37 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 23, 2012, 06:06:40 PM

Or a bit of horse trading has gone on to get it swept under the carpet

Why did they go public with it straight away? Were they really worried with what was said on the pitch? Far worse things have been said in the past if indeed what was claimed happened.
Or was the real reason that a key player and their coach were facing lenghty bans for their inapropriate behavior and they invented this story?
A player with a track record of indiscretions couldn't explain why he was so stupid to go after a player down the tunnel infront of a linesman so he made up the sectarian abuse?
They couldn't stand over their claims so it's only right that everyone takes them as false.
Would you be as kind as to list this track record for those of us not in the loop.

Proof is not needed to make claims these days don't ya know? The mud will stick.
I don't know exactly how many times he's been sent off but it's twice this year and when Laois played Armagh in 2009 (maybe 2010) he got sent off. After he got sent off he was with the other Armagh subs, a row broke out on the field, he jumped onto the field, punched our smallest player from behind and then scurried back to a safe distance.
I'm not making that up either, one of the most cowardly acts I've ever seen.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

bennydorano

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 05:54:44 PM
Either these allegations are true but after a quick word from HQ the Armagh CB ran away from them like spineless rats and weren't prepared to back their claims up or these claims were untrue and Armagh made them up to aid their appeal against suspensions to their player and selector.
Armagh have no proof, they've backed down, they now claim the partitionist abuse happened in a different match.
Armagh tried to vilify another county for their own gain, they are a disgrace to the GAA.
You've repeated a variant of this for a few pages now but I'd like to know how the fook are the claims to be backed up with evidence?  It's going to be one persons word against another at best, the Ref (and linesmen) are both alleged to have clearly heard what went on and told the concerned Laois player/s to wise up, now the Ref is hardly going to come out now and back up Armagh's positions after the media furore this week is he?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 02:47:03 PMWouldn't you think McKeever said something just as offensive if not more offensive than what Billy's been accused of?

So are you saying McKeever said something to Sheehan to start this whole thing?

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 06:25:37 PMWhy did they go public with it straight away? Were they really worried with what was said on the pitch? Far worse things have been said in the past if indeed what was claimed happened.

Is that you Parky?

Dont Matter

Quote from: bennydorano on March 23, 2012, 06:59:28 PM
Either these allegations are true but after a quick word from HQ the Armagh CB ran away from them like spineless rats and weren't prepared to back their claims up or these claims were untrue and Armagh made them up to aid their appeal against suspensions to their player and selector.
Armagh have no proof, they've backed down, they now claim the partitionist abuse happened in a different match.
Armagh tried to vilify another county for their own gain, they are a disgrace to the GAA.
You've repeated a variant of this for a few pages now but I'd like to know how the fook are the claims to be backed up with evidence?  It's going to be one persons word against another at best, the Ref (and linesmen) are both alleged to have clearly heard what went on and told the concerned Laois player/s to wise up, now the Ref is hardly going to come out now and back up Armagh's positions after the media furore this week is he?

This has nothing to do with what was claimed. McKeever, the Armagh CB, Grimley couldn't care less with what was said on the field, how could they when they're aware of far worse been said before?
This was all about trying to get reduced bans for McKeever and Grimley, they tried to vilify another county to achieve this and it has backfired.
If they were concerned about abuse on the field they would have gathered reports from the referee and linesman and made a complaint the proper way. Instead they ran to the press.
I don't know why they haven't been forced to apologise but I'm sure the embarrassment alone will teach them something.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 23, 2012, 07:00:45 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 02:47:03 PMWouldn't you think McKeever said something just as offensive if not more offensive than what Billy's been accused of?

So are you saying McKeever said something to Sheehan to start this whole thing?

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 06:25:37 PMWhy did they go public with it straight away? Were they really worried with what was said on the pitch? Far worse things have been said in the past if indeed what was claimed happened.

Is that you Parky?

No I'm saying both were mouthing away to eachother for the whole first half. You're not claiming McKeever kept his mouth shut are you? I'm sure he said some things that were fairly offensive.
Parky's an idiot but he's no where near as bad as McKeever.
Peter Quinn

bennydorano

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 07:14:24 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 23, 2012, 06:59:28 PM

This has nothing to do with what was claimed. McKeever, the Armagh CB, Grimley couldn't care less with what was said on the field, how could they when they're aware of far worse been said before?
This was all about trying to get reduced bans for McKeever and Grimley, they tried to vilify another county to achieve this a

nd it has backfired.
If they were concerned about abuse on the field they would have gathered reports from the referee and linesman and made a complaint the proper way. Instead they ran to the press.
I don't know why they haven't been forced to apologise but I'm sure the embarrassment alone will teach them something.
I simply wanted to know how u suggest evidence can be gathered, because thats what you've been banging on about.  I also think most people are  pretty sure the 'british' carry on did occur, something you seem to think didnt, the embarassing about turn from the ACB doesnt alter the unsavoury behaviour of some Laois players. So again, my point is how do u expect 'evidence' to be gathered in such a situation?

Dont Matter

Quote from: bennydorano on March 23, 2012, 07:42:47 PM
I simply wanted to know how u suggest evidence can be gathered, because thats what you've been banging on about.  I also think most people are  pretty sure the 'british' carry on did occur, something you seem to think didnt, the embarassing about turn from the ACB doesnt alter the unsavoury behaviour of some Laois players. So again, my point is how do u expect 'evidence' to be gathered in such a situation?

You prepare a statement to be sent to the CCCC or whoever the relevant authority is, you ask the referee and the linesman to confirm the statement is truthful. They would have no problem doing so if it was true. Then you send it off.
You don't run to the press with your allegations. Why do you think they did this?
Look at your post. How can people be "pretty sure the 'british' carry on did occur"? One player made the allegation, I'm sure the ref and linesman have been asked at this stage and they have denied ever hearing this.
You even say "unsavoury behaviour of some Laois players", as in more than one. A group of Laois players were singing God save the queen were they?
People assume there's truth in this and it looks bad for Laois GAA but have ye ever considered that there's no truth in it at all?
Peter Quinn

bennydorano

I've already made the point that the Ref is unlikely to do anything other than keep his head down with the diktats being issued by Herr cooney.

I really dont know what to make of your posts, you strike me as very niaive.

get up there

This is just what we need in the build up to our last relegation dog fight games, take a bow to whoever the f*** was involved. as another poster said harden the f*** up.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Mc Keever should have kept his gob shut. I am an Northern nationalist but hi for Gods Sake do your talking on the pitch and shut these eejits up that way, it is a wee bit embarrassing for Mc Keever, sort of like running to the teacher to tell him/her that someone was being bad in class. Next ball win it, second ball win it again,third ball win and clean him out, job done! A Laois man taking the piss out of anyone is a laugh in itself.

mountainboii

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2012, 09:18:53 PM
Mc Keever should have kept his gob shut. I am an Northern nationalist but hi for Gods Sake do your talking on the pitch and shut these eejits up that way, it is a wee bit embarrassing for Mc Keever, sort of like running to the teacher to tell him/her that someone was being bad in class. Next ball win it, second ball win it again,third ball win and clean him out, job done! A Laois man taking the piss out of anyone is a laugh in itself.

You'd want to be careful you don't end up with a job in the Armagh CB, jumping in with your facts all over the show like that.

mountainboii

Former board stalwart stands in support with Ciaran McKeever.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: AFS on March 23, 2012, 09:28:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2012, 09:18:53 PM

You'd want to be careful you don't end up with a job in the Armagh CB, jumping in with your facts all over the show like that.

;)

Fuzzman

Its friday night and I've had a few but is it just me or does it not seem weird that after a bad week for Armagh football that ye have a crazy Down man STILL as yer manager. The Down county board must be really enjoying this though it could all Change this weekend. Who was the last outside county manager to win Ulster?