All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

A bit off topic but... Am I correct in saying that the father of actor Martin Short (Father of the bride, 3 Amigos etc) was a Cross man?

dec

Quote from: BennyCake on March 07, 2012, 11:06:03 AM
A bit off topic but... Am I correct in saying that the father of actor Martin Short (Father of the bride, 3 Amigos etc) was a Cross man?
Yep, his father Charles (brother of Paddy) moved to Canada in the 20's I think.

bennydorano

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 06, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on March 06, 2012, 04:08:58 PM
yea but the reason he missed was because he was injured. he done his thigh muscle 2weeks before the game.
So I said he was dropped for missing training which is correct, I didn't state he hadn't a reason.

It was in doubt for a while, but I think it's official now, you're a tit.

ardal

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 07, 2012, 04:51:02 AM
My Uncle from Cross lives in a small town in the Rural south of the US.

I need to get a link for either radio or tv for the match to help him watch it online.

Any help?

Isn't it on rte? Nice coverage over here for the radio

brokencrossbar1

Game has swung considerably in favour of Garrycastle with the rejection of Stephen's appeal last night.  Nerves very edgy now.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 09, 2012, 10:27:27 AM
Game has swung considerably in favour of Garrycastle with the rejection of Stephen's appeal last night.  Nerves very edgy now.

Yerra, will ya stop.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

sheamy

lol...sure there's 8-9 of them Kernans. I'd say the bloody manager could probably do a job in the middle too.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 09, 2012, 10:34:52 AM

Yerra, will ya stop.

Answer me this if Garrycastle lost their centre half forward/midfielder and captain who has been playing exceptionally well would you reckon that Cross wouldn't be stronger favourites.  SK is a massive lose to the team and it, in my view, gives Garrycastle the advantage.  That is before the niggly injuries are even considered.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 09, 2012, 10:41:25 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 09, 2012, 10:34:52 AM

Yerra, will ya stop.

Answer me this if Garrycastle lost their centre half forward/midfielder and captain who has been playing exceptionally well would you reckon that Cross wouldn't be stronger favourites.  SK is a massive lose to the team and it, in my view, gives Garrycastle the advantage.  That is before the niggly injuries are even considered.

Crossmaglen are the strongest of favourites for this and even though Stephen Kernan is a loss (very harshly sent off the last day imo) it doesn't swing the game towards Garrycastle, never mind give them the advantage. Crossmaglen hold most of the cards here, their big one being having been there and done it before in Croke Park on the big day. They are more of a machine than Kerry and Kilkenny combined in Croke Park, when's the last time they lost there? This Garrycastle team with a couple of exceptions are nearer the end of the road than the middle, you don't need to mention niggles to them. Crossmaglen strong, strong favourites, Garrycastle need to play the 60 mins like the first half against Brigids of Dublin to be in there, some ask. Hope it's a good game regardless, looking forward to the day.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

DownFanatic

Applesisapples

Can he go to DRA?

armaghranger12

That's a massive loss for Cross with that news. I believe that this now puts the game more on a 50/50 balance.  Stephen has been one of Cross top players this past 2seasons and I can't but feel for him on the biggest day in the club calendar that he misses the chance to lead his team out in Croke Park.  Time the GAA caught a grip.

Winnie Peg

Will you be able to make the game BCB, your wee girl might be playing hop scotch that morning.

Captain Obvious

Stephen Kernan absence will only inspire Crossmaglen. They jumped the biggest hurdle v Kilmacud Crokes in the semi final last year and did the same this year v Dr Crokes.

saffron sam2

Shocking decision to red card S Kernan in the semi-final, compounded by the various levels of committee fuckwittery that has seen each appeal rejected.

Regardless of all other shite, Stephen Kernan should be leading the Rangers out at Croke Park on the 17th. Anything else is a disgrace.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet