All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 06, 2012, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2012, 12:13:00 PM
Cross have played against various styles, tactics, and players. They have a game plan which eventually wears down the opponents. They don't panic and they really don't change their own style of play, and why should they? If Garrycastle play defensively they will be broke down in the end as they won't score as much, the Cross sweeper (AK) will act as another forward and score at will.

Garrycastle will have the same hunger as Cross but that will only get you so far in this match, Dolan won't feature on the playing side of things as he'll be marked very closely. His free taking will be crucial for Garrycastle to stay in the match. If Cross can keep the free count down they should win by 5 pulling up. How Garrycastle cope with appearing in Croke Park on Paddy's day in front of 25/30 thousand people will also be a deciding factor. Running out under the Hogan Stand is daunting enough.

I hope It's a tight match for the neutrals out there but would prefer Cross to win. Some team

:o Jaysus Milltown, you hardly think this is the first match where Dessie will be a marked man from the outset? Dessie always features.

I know, He's been earmarked for special attention for years and manages to still make space and score, that doesn't take away from the fact that Cross won't have one of their best defenders on him. I still think, my opinion having seen Cross (to our loss) a few times they manage to snuff out the main players for long periods of the game.

Has Garrycastle got a big full forward who can catch ball?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: Milltown Row2 link=topic=21277.msg1087100#msg1087100 date=

I know, He's been earmarked for special attention for years and manages to still make space and score, that doesn't take away from the fact that Cross won't have one of their best defenders on him. I still think, my opinion having seen Cross (to our loss) a few times they manage to snuff out the main players for long periods of the game.

Gary Dolan would catch ball with the best of them, but Garrycastle don't play that way. If Dessie isn't seeing any ball he will drop to centre forward. In their drawn county final Garrycastle got cleaned at midfield, Dessie dropped to centre forward and kicked 6 points on limited ball.

brokencrossbar1

As it gets closer the nerves are really starting to twitch.  If we can keep the 2 Dolans quiet we will win becasue I reckon we have the forwards to beat the Garrycastle defence.  The problem I see is that Garrycastle are stronger around the MF area.  Titch is still carry an injury and Johnny is off the boil.  If SK isn't there I don't see us winnign much ball against a very strong able Garrycastle midfield.

Applesisapples

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 02, 2012, 08:12:52 PM

Am I right in saying that McKenna didn't start the semi?
He was dropped for missing training.

armaghranger12

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 06, 2012, 03:29:23 PM

Mc Kenna never missed training, he was injured and didnt train untill the wednesday before the game. 

ross4life

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 06, 2012, 01:39:43 PM
As it gets closer the nerves are really starting to twitch. 
After witnessing so much glory the last two decades i'd say the nerves/twitching are a lot less.

Would prefer Cross to win. Some team
I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge Garrycastle their day in the sun who knows this might be the only chance of All Ireland glory for them?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Applesisapples

Quote from: armaghranger12 on March 06, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

Mc Kenna never missed training, he was injured and didnt train untill the wednesday before the game.
Not what Tony Mac told the Irish News, I think he should know.
Direct quote:
‎"If anybody misses a few weeks' training, they cannot be considered as an option to start on this team. Our primary objective here is to create an environment whereby a young fella coming up from the minors knows that if he doesn't train, he doesn't play, and in order for us to do that we have to be as equally as hard on Aaron or Jamie Clarke as we are on anyone else.

armaghranger12

yea but the reason he missed was because he was injured. he done his thigh muscle 2weeks before the game.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2012, 04:01:14 PM
As it gets closer the nerves are really starting to twitch. 
After witnessing so much glory the last two decades i'd say the nerves/twitching are a lot less.
Would prefer Cross to win. Some team
I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge Garrycastle their day in the sun who knows this might be the only chance of All Ireland glory for them?

Nerves always twitching, ye can never have enough success and that is why I get so twitchy!!

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 06, 2012, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on March 06, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

Not what Tony Mac told the Irish News, I think he should know.
Direct quote:
‎"If anybody misses a few weeks' training, they cannot be considered as an option to start on this team. Our primary objective here is to create an environment whereby a young fella coming up from the minors knows that if he doesn't train, he doesn't play, and in order for us to do that we have to be as equally as hard on Aaron or Jamie Clarke as we are on anyone else.

He missed training as he was injured, that is why he didn't start.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2012, 12:39:28 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 06, 2012, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2012, 12:13:00 PM
Cross have played against various styles, tactics, and players. They have a game plan which eventually wears down the opponents. They don't panic and they really don't change their own style of play, and why should they? If Garrycastle play defensively they will be broke down in the end as they won't score as much, the Cross sweeper (AK) will act as another forward and score at will.

Garrycastle will have the same hunger as Cross but that will only get you so far in this match, Dolan won't feature on the playing side of things as he'll be marked very closely. His free taking will be crucial for Garrycastle to stay in the match. If Cross can keep the free count down they should win by 5 pulling up. How Garrycastle cope with appearing in Croke Park on Paddy's day in front of 25/30 thousand people will also be a deciding factor. Running out under the Hogan Stand is daunting enough.

I hope It's a tight match for the neutrals out there but would prefer Cross to win. Some team

:o Jaysus Milltown, you hardly think this is the first match where Dessie will be a marked man from the outset? Dessie always features.

Garrycastle are very flexible, what I mean by that is they can rotate the players and their game plan if needed. I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a few high ones into Gary or Paddy Mulvihill to test out the Crossmaglen defence, Cunningham always likes to throw something new into the mix.

As it gets closer the nerves are really starting to twitch.  If we can keep the 2 Dolans quiet we will win becasue I reckon we have the forwards to beat the Garrycastle defence.  The problem I see is that Garrycastle are stronger around the MF area.  Titch is still carry an injury and Johnny is off the boil.  If SK isn't there I don't see us winnign much ball against a very strong able Garrycastle midfield.

What if the third one goes on the rampage? Is this an indicator of Crossmaglen taking Garrycastle for granted? Here's hoping.   ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

armaghranger12

Dont worry about what people say on this about the game. I can assure you that the Cross players and managers will not be taking Garrycastle for granted. So i dont think Cross will be caught on the hop Sorry.

ross4life

Nerves always twitching, ye can never have enough success and that is why I get so twitchy!!
Your starting to sound like a Kerry man  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

brokencrossbar1

Between St Brigid's and Garrycastle there's that many Dolans you cpuld be forgiven for missing 1 or 2 :P  Anyway, I actually reckon Mulvihill could be the key man for them as he creates a lot of space and is very clever with his running and support play.

Applesisapples

Quote from: armaghranger12 on March 06, 2012, 04:08:58 PM
yea but the reason he missed was because he was injured. he done his thigh muscle 2weeks before the game.
So I said he was dropped for missing training which is correct, I didn't state he hadn't a reason.

DrinkingHarp

My Uncle from Cross lives in a small town in the Rural south of the US.

I need to get a link for either radio or tv for the match to help him watch it online.

Any help?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014