All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Any word of the teams for Saturday.  Any ideas who is likely to replace Stephen Kernan, and who is likely to captain the team.  Aaron Kernan perhaps?

ballymac

All the best to Cross tomorrow. They are superb outfit and play their best when their backs are to the wall, and when they are in front and just about every time they play basically.

Now that is said and done the issue of SK getting red carded has some armagh posters annoyed. His appeal was rejected after hours and hours of discussion and some think that the GAA should get a grip. Well I think they have. They are starting to get a grip and not overturn decisions and the more often this happens the better.

Other decisions to penalise teams by way of loss of home venue etc may be a little left of centre but the point being that the GAA need to set sanctions and stand by them.
Sentimentality can't be used as an argument to avoid being suspended. (I do feel for him and the team as I did for Derrytresk)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballymac on March 16, 2012, 10:54:02 AM
All the best to Cross tomorrow. They are superb outfit and play their best when their backs are to the wall, and when they are in front and just about every time they play basically.

Now that is said and done the issue of SK getting red carded has some armagh posters annoyed. His appeal was rejected after hours and hours of discussion and some think that the GAA should get a grip. Well I think they have. They are starting to get a grip and not overturn decisions and the more often this happens the better.

Other decisions to penalise teams by way of loss of home venue etc may be a little left of centre but the point being that the GAA need to set sanctions and stand by them.
Sentimentality can't be used as an argument to avoid being suspended. (I do feel for him and the team as I did for Derrytresk)

+1

It seems the more money you have the more you can appeal, counter appeal and counter counter appeal.

Good luck Cross tomorrow, Cross to win by 4
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Hearty is vice captain so he will be leading the team out.  I hear what you say ballymac but they should have taken a more clear cut case to make a point.  Anyway, that's me till after the game, good luck to the lads.

Applesisapples

Good luck to both Ulster Teams tomorrow...Joint reception by Joint first Ministers?

Cold tea

Was there not another appeal last night for Stephen?

Fuzzman

seafoid

Cross have 5 all irelands. Nemo have 7. Will Cross make it past Nemo ? 

ross4life

Far to much love for Cross in this thread. Best of luck to our neighbours Garrycastle tomorrow.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Good luck Cross...i think they'll win by 2pts so i'll have a small wager on Garycastle +5pts @ 4/5...o'hh and throw Laois in there for the double (money from America :P)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Syferus

C'mon Dessie, you didn't beat your breathern just to lose to these fellas, did yah?

Good luck to Garrycastle, you'll do Westmeath and Athlone proud.

DrinkingHarp

Cross by 1goal-2pts

final  Cross 2-8 Garrycastle 1-6

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

spuds

Best of luck to Garrycastle today, be good to see a new club and county represented on the winners list.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard