Kilkenny county board and football

Started by Jinxy, February 29, 2012, 10:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2012, 05:15:55 PM
Kildare 7-30 to  Armagh 0-07 - NHL  :-X

I know your bein a bit smart at our expense but u have a point, thats as bad a beating as any this year. Very poor considering the inroads we have made in hurling and kildare is a team we should be expecting to be beating if we want to progress

awful hammering

Donnellys Hollow

Caught most of the second half of it. Willie Sunderland has them moving well.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

Warwickshire 8-25
Longford 0-05

give or take

:(

haranguerer

This has latterly and inadvertently turned into a great thread  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on March 25, 2012, 08:18:18 PM

I know your bein a bit smart at our expense but u have a point, thats as bad a beating as any this year. Very poor considering the inroads we have made in hurling and kildare is a team we should be expecting to be beating if we want to progress

awful hammering

I hear that it was a lot of second string players that played the match, is that true?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

According to the Irish news yesterday the Kildare manager. at least I think he was the manager, said that the team armagh put out was disrespectful to them.

Not sure I understand why they would put out a weakened team on purpose or if they didn't why he thought they did... Very strange.

Anyone any idea what was going on?

Hammerings in hurling are different... You could feasibly score a lot in a purple patch of about 10 minutes of hurling. Not so much so in football.

Dinny Breen

Leinster MFC result - Kilkenny 1-0 Offaly 8-30
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

That's brutal and does nothing for Offaly because the only back door available to them is if they had lost to Kilkenny. What the hell was the goalie at to concede a goal though?

As for scoring 8-30, I think that's lousy but how do you tell young lads to ease off? Even if you bring on subs they'll be mad to make their mark. Revenge for the 31 point hammering our senior hurlers took in Croker there a while ago.

AZOffaly

It's like Under 10 football or something.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 13, 2012, 09:29:04 PM
That's brutal and does nothing for Offaly because the only back door available to them is if they had lost to Kilkenny. What the hell was the goalie at to concede a goal though?

As for scoring 8-30, I think that's lousy but how do you tell young lads to ease off? Even if you bring on subs they'll be mad to make their mark. Revenge for the 31 point hammering our senior hurlers took in Croker there a while ago.

He was probably sitting against the post doing his maths homework.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Following their loss to Kildare in JFC last night, a proposal has been put forward in Kilkenny to withdraw Senior Footballers from NFL
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Jinxy

One of these men is a senior intercounty footballer.....
If you were any use you'd be playing.