Kilkenny county board and football

Started by Jinxy, February 29, 2012, 10:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

'Louth had a record breaking 6-35 to 0-2 win over Kilkenny in Ballyragget. The Cats had no substitutes as 11 of their players didn't turn up on the night.'

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=163026

What is to be done with them?
Fair enough they're not that interested but there's a difference between apathy and going out of your way to be absolutely useless at a game.
Was it ever any different?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sammymaguire

Disgraceful. A club u16 team would get in shit for this carry on
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bord na Mona man

Woeful and inexcusable.
What's worse, there seems to be an section of Kilkenny folk who almost take a sneering delight in the contempt they show football.

Jinxy

I'd say they sit around the pub dreaming up new ways of showing that level of contempt.
They'll send out a team consisting of a variety of elderly farm animals before long.
Which will probably concede less than their u-21's did tonight.

ross4life

I didn't think they would top last year's U-21 result Carlow 8-19 1-01 Kilkenny

Oh & Meath were beaten by our neighbours up the road.  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

adevvabr

Kilkenny people are probably thinking the same about Meath hurling board, would imagine Kilkenny would beat Meath by same score at hurling.

Syferus

It's amazing that a whole county can't find 22 or so players that care about football enough to be dedicated to training and representing their county. No one is asking them to be good or even win matches, but no football first county almost purposefully makes a show of their hurling team like Kilkenny do their football set-up.

They should take the Cavan approach for senior hurling and apply it to all levels and just resign from inter-county competition if this is the best they can come up with, it's a waste of every team they play's time and money.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Surely the must have 20+ blowins at the very least, that would relish the chance of playing some county football.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Onlooker

Disgraceful is the only way to describe what happened tonight.  No blame to the 15 lads who turned up to play for their county.  But what about the other 11 on the panel who did not bother turning up.  However, it is the County Board who really should be ashamed of themselves to allow this to happen.  Jinxy and Bord na Mona man are right, KK appear to be trying to show as much contempt as they can towards football.  I would love to hear Ned Quinn and co from the KK County Board explain tonight's farce.  And they should also apologise to the Louth County Board and players for bringing them down to Ballyragget for this bad joke.

Jinxy

Quote from: adevvabr on February 29, 2012, 11:13:29 PM
Kilkenny people are probably thinking the same about Meath hurling board, would imagine Kilkenny would beat Meath by same score at hurling.

A lot you'd know about Meath hurling.

spuds

Quote from: Jinxy on March 01, 2012, 12:25:35 AM

A lot you'd know about Meath hurling.
Good hurling clubs in Meath where football plays second fiddle, great to see it as well. Kilkenny are a disgrace, think it's part of their mentality that if they are not very good at it they snigger away as if there is something noble in this massive failure. If anything it takes away from their success in hurling when you compare this abject failure to the great work being put in by counties such as Tipp and Limerick in football.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Lecale2

Am I right in thinking that Kilkenny only re-entered the NFL when there was talk off grants for inter county players?

During the debate on Rule 42 a junior club in Kilkenny proposed that the rule banning foreign sports from GAA grounds should be extended to football. They got a surprising amount of support!

Hound

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 29, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
Woeful and inexcusable.
What's worse, there seems to be an section of Kilkenny folk who almost take a sneering delight in the contempt they show football.
I've friends in Kilkenny and one of my earliest GAA memories is meeting Christy Heffernan and Billy Fitzpatrick down there after some league game, so I've always been a fan of KK hurling. But my experience with them is the same as yours re their attitude to football. Many of them will enjoy this result.

The 11 subs all deciding not to show up (if true) is bizarre. I wonder did they all receive instruction from on high?

You could possibly make that argument if it was Kerry who'd beat them by 50 points. This was Louth though. A middle of the road team who hasnt won an All Ireland in more than 50 years.

rrhf

They should be let alone. Its like hurling in tyrone, only for the ladies